Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Just a couple of questions if you can answer:

1) with your current split, still relying on MM and procs?
    2) what twists are you running for 62 reflex? Impressive to me at least

I ask because I run a 18fvs/1mk/1wiz but he is based on light damage. I have been considering changing out to sharadi recently
    For the 62 reflex? In that screenshot I had Energy burst, Cocoon and Endless faith so no twists for reflexes.
    The trick is to maximize your intelligence score (mine is not, I miss 2 points in the screenshot) and insightful reflexes feat.

To boost the reflexes really high one would have to drop endless faith for unearthly reactions and slot another +6 in the epic completionist 4th slot.
    That would put me at 76 reflex, 77 with a store potion.
    Could go even 2 points higher (79) but at the cost of less spell power so I will not bother.

Yeah the build is focused on spamming Magic Missile spell, Magic Missile Sla, Wizard active past life, Hellball, Energy burst, Wild Shots.
    Then you can trow in the rotation Blade barriers, divine punishment and other stuff depending on the situation.
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Thanks for the responses, I forgot that your build took Insightful Reflex. I need to switch back to Human to fit in the feat.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Got the new speedrecord for Lords of Dust epic elite.

Updated build in OP
    Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 08-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.

YouTube

Don't Drink the Water Speedrun 6 minutes and 25 seconds

The Deal and the Demon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Orp3-vzjX6Q
    Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 08-02-2014 at 09:57 AM.

YouTube

Community Member

I'm just wondering what all you picked for Spells in this build as you leveled up? Or did I over look it?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperiaa View Post
    I'm just wondering what all you picked for Spells in this build as you leveled up? Or did I over look it?

Thanks,
    Good catch. I didn't post my spell selection yet.
    This is how my spell book appears at lvl 20.
    During the low levels I suggest to select cure spells as lvl 2 and 3 spells instead of find traps and aid.

Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 08-09-2014 at 10:49 AM.

YouTube

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stinging_Bee View Post
    Good catch. I didn't post my spell selection yet.
    This is how my spell book appears at lvl 20.
    During the low levels I suggest to select cure spells as lvl 2 and 3 spells instead of find traps and aid.
    Thanks Bee for posting the spell list :-)

I also know its a lot of personal preference and how you play and items you use but I'm just wondering where did you spend your points as far as Jump/UMD/Spot/Search/etc....

Also how descent was this build to level up or does it really not shine untill 20 and you get some gear on it? I am just getting back into the after a few years and I always liked my FvS but I wanted something I could run w/ friends and solo on when they aren't around.
    Last edited by Vamperiaa; 08-09-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Community Member

That one level dip. All I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperiaa View Post
    Thanks Bee for posting the spell list :-)

I also know its a lot of personal preference and how you play and items you use but I'm just wondering where did you spend your points as far as Jump/UMD/Spot/Search/etc....

Also how descent was this build to level up or does it really not shine untill 20 and you get some gear on it? I am just getting back into the after a few years and I always liked my FvS but I wanted something I could run w/ friends and solo on when they aren't around.
    Important skills in order:
    Spellcraft, perform, UMD, heal, concentration, balance, search, jump.
    level up from 1 to 11 is a bit rough... at lvl 12 you get blade barriers and you own content. You can nuke single target mobs with divine punishment and searing light.
    I recommend a moonhowl greataxe from lvl 4 to 11. It's a 2 hander that uses charisma modifier for to hit and damage.
    At level 20 with epic chronoscope set, maxed shiradi destiny and energy burst twisted in you can start using magic missiles and nuke stuff hard.
    At 28 with hellball and ruin and the thunderforged gear the character is really complete.

YouTube

I needed the flag for ADQ Raid so I decided to record an Offering of Blood speedrun while I was as it!

YouTube

Seems like I didn't waste my time flagging for ADQ2.

Here is a 2m57s run. Too bad I rolled 1 on the cometfall right when I could've given her the final blow and also she kinda bugged because she stood there for 5 seconds lagging. This could've been even faster if it wasn't for that...

YouTube

hey!

very cool your build and im thinking of try it, but I would, if possible, an opinion: I have a character that have abishai set but havent Twilight and no Alchemical stuff (but have access to TF items) and also do not have the PL Wizard. I have another character that have PL's Wiz / Sorc / FVS and have Twilight, but havent abishai set. Do y think that can work with one of this toons?!!?

thanks!!
    Myno - Avhada - Indigente - Dhondarion

Quote Originally Posted by jlrodrigues View Post
    hey!

very cool your build and im thinking of try it, but I would, if possible, an opinion: I have a character that have abishai set but havent Twilight and no Alchemical stuff (but have access to TF items) and also do not have the PL Wizard. I have another character that have PL's Wiz / Sorc / FVS and have Twilight, but havent abishai set. Do y think that can work with one of this toons?!!?

thanks!!
    I think the big bar to reach is Caster Level 9 for maxing DPS with Magic Missile which this build does ingeniously via 1 wizard level + 3 CL from GA +3 from FvS AoV T4 + 2 from Spell Augmentation.

If you don't have and don't want grind the gear on a single character then I would still go for at least Caster Level 9 on your Wizard Spells by adding in Wizard levels like multiple other builds do. A currently popular split that still can get the full Heal spell (not mass) is 12FvS/6Wiz/2X (typically Monk, Rogue, or Paladin) as discussed in this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...coming-popular.

EDIT: If you really like the build idea but don't have the gear yet, one additional thought would be to add in the Wizard levels in until you get the gear and then either TR or LR+X them out... Obviously you could also go with the build as is and farm the gear with less power until you acquire it but that may not be as fun/efficient...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 08-31-2014 at 08:32 AM.

I found that the maximize discount that comes from the second wizard level combined with meridian fragment let me use maximize on every single spell (this is particularly important for magic missile spell) pretty much offsets the longer cooldown of the wizard magic missile. You also gain 1% universal crit chance from enhancements (giving up 1% fire crit chance though).
    i have TRed out of this, but want to go back...on the new planner the FVS and Wizards Maximize discount cannot be used at the same time, can someone confirm or deny this in game?

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    i have TRed out of this, but want to go back...on the new planner the FVS and Wizards Maximize discount cannot be used at the same time, can someone confirm or deny this in game?
    Planner is incorrect. You can select Archmage and AoV Maximize Discount at the same time. As for the build I recommend the 17 FvS 2 Monk / 1 Wizard that is posted in the first post of this thread. I really liked it.

YouTube

Since I've been asked I updated OP with new enhancements from Harper and New Necro 4 Gear

YouTube

Hey Bee

a couple questions

i honestly do not want to grind out a green scale armor. can you suggest an alternative to the green scale?

also, what are your slotting your items with?
    Callissto:RS~Calithallasi:Fowl~Merb:RS~GearsofWar: Shiradi~Durperian:Necro~Aritahl:Figher~Jeatt:Shint ao~Mzil:Machine Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolfmike View Post
    Hey Bee

a couple questions

i honestly do not want to grind out a green scale armor. can you suggest an alternative to the green scale?

also, what are your slotting your items with?
    Updated Gear is in the first post. As far as slots you need to fit False life, Power 250, insight con 2, insight Int 2 and a Strength augment.

Shadowscale Robe
    Epic Helm of the frost
    Epic Boots of corrosion
    Epic Envenomed Cloak
    Epic Inferno Bracers
    Greensteel Goggles 10 hp - 150 Sp land and sky
    Lantern Ring
    Circle of Malevolence
    Epic Belt of Thoughtful Rememberance
    Epic Fanged Gloves
    Shroud of Ardent
    Epic Litany

Alchemical Kama Mystical Air/Earth/Fire
    Thunderforged Kama 150 Force/Purple Slot/17% Crit - slot 138 Devotion and Meridian

YouTube

Updated Gear is in the first post. As far as slots you need to fit False life, Power 250, insight con 2, insight Int 2 and a Strength augment.

Shadowscale Robe
    Epic Helm of the frost
    Epic Boots of corrosion
    Epic Envenomed Cloak
    Epic Inferno Bracers
    Greensteel Goggles 10 hp - 150 Sp land and sky
    Lantern Ring
    Circle of Malevolence
    Epic Belt of Thoughtful Rememberance
    Epic Fanged Gloves
    Shroud of Ardent
    Epic Litany

Alchemical Kama Mystical Air/Earth/Fire
    Thunderforged Kama 150 Force/Purple Slot/17% Crit - slot 138 Devotion and Meridian

Here is the issue.
    I've not bought the Thunder pack yet.
    And even IF i had it, i am not in a raiding guild or channel that groups enough to try and complete an armor and a weapon.
    i DO already have GH items ready rock on this character, as well as Demonweb stuff.
    It will be enough of a grind for me to get the Abbot items needed.

Thoughts in this direction?
    I had thought i saw an alternative to the green scale, which is why i mentioned it. Was it replacing it with the Blue scale and helm, and using scorched bracers in place of inferno bracers?
    Callissto:RS~Calithallasi:Fowl~Merb:RS~GearsofWar: Shiradi~Durperian:Necro~Aritahl:Figher~Jeatt:Shint ao~Mzil:Machine Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolfmike View Post
    Here is the issue.
    I've not bought the Thunder pack yet.
    And even IF i had it, i am not in a raiding guild or channel that groups enough to try and complete an armor and a weapon.
    i DO already have GH items ready rock on this character, as well as Demonweb stuff.
    It will be enough of a grind for me to get the Abbot items needed.

Thoughts in this direction?
    I had thought i saw an alternative to the green scale, which is why i mentioned it. Was it replacing it with the Blue scale and helm, and using scorched bracers in place of inferno bracers?
    You have 3 options I'll list them for you comparing them to the best setup in OP:
    1) blue scale + blue helm + scorched = Gain 10 universal spell power (15 from the blue set minus 5 from spellcraft), loose ghostly, loose 130% fortification, loose 50ish fire spell power,
    2) blue scale + Helm of frost + inferno bracers= loose ghostly, loose 130% fortification
    3) blue scale + helm of frost + ethereal bracers= gain +4 insight to saves, loose 130% fortification, loose 65ish fire spell power
    Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 12-09-2014 at 03:40 AM.

YouTube

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast