Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Yeela: FvS 17 Wiz 1 Monk 2 - Healer and Dps Shiradi MM spammer

Yeela: a healer and force spec dps caster capable to work perfectly both as a soloist or in a group. The CC provided by shiradi's nerve venom and the spell points you get back from just reward helps enormously in a party environment to be able to heal other people without running out of spell points.
    As a soloist I'm having fun zerging Epic elite content to get the fastest completion times against the best builds.

17 FVS - Wings, Just Reward, Heals both single target and mass cure
    1 Wizard - Archmage Magic Missile Sla, Magic Missile Spell, Spell Crit chance
    2 Monk - Evasion, Force Crit Chance

Race: Half elf with paladin dilettante for better saves

Stats: 36 point build

8 Str
    9 Dex
    17 Con
    18 Int + 7 lvl up points
    8 Wis
    14 Cha

Enhancements:

Level Progression:
    Fvs 1-13
    Monk 14-15
    FvS 16-19
    Wizard 20

Feats in order:
    1 Half Elf Dilly: Paladin
    1 Maximize
    3 Past Life: Arcane Initiate
    6 Empower
    9 Quicken
    12 Insightful Reflexes
    14M Toughness
    15M Dodge
    15 Mental Toughness
    18 Empower Healing or Arcane Prodigy
    20W Improved mental Toughness
    21 Epic Toughness
    24 Epic Mental Toughness
    26 Epic Spellpower Force
    27 Ruin
    28 Hellball

With Half Elf your saves, especially reflex, will be very good thanks to insighful reflexes and the paladin dilettante.
    Max out intelligence is also very good dps wise because it raises the dc on your most effective spells: Hellball and Energy burst.
    You get also the benefit of a higher spellcraft skill, and you will have more skillpoints to boost perform, concentration and heal skills.
    Definitely the best option.
    Going Charisma based would lower your reflex saves and nerf your spellcraft skill just to get a few more spellpoints.
    Going Wisdom based would lower your reflex saves and the dc of your epic abilities like energy burst and hellball for a higher blade barrier dc. I don't recommend this.

Epic Abishai set and Twilight are both very important for the build to work great. They both boost you caster level on magic missile spell so you can cast 5 missiles at once and they work on energy bursts as well.
    If you have the possibility to craft a T3 alchemical kama with arcane augmentation you can drop the Twilight and use it in tandem with a Thunderforged Kama with 150 Force spell power and 17% Crit chance. I'm currently using the alchemical+thunderforged setup as follows.

Gear Setup:
    Shadowscale Robe
    Epic Helm of the frost
    Epic Boots of corrosion
    Epic Envenomed Cloak
    Epic Inferno Bracers
    Greensteel Goggles 10 hp - 150 Sp
    Lantern Ring
    Circle of Malevolence
    Epic Belt of Thoughtful Rememberance
    Epic Fanged Gloves
    Shroud of Ardent
    Epic Litany

Alchemical Kama Mystical Air/Earth/Fire
    Thunderforged Kama 150 Force/Purple Slot/17% Crit - slot 138 Devotion and Meridian

Alternatively Twilight 120 impulse,120 devotion, and in red slot sonic spell power.

Personal achievements section:

- Solo EE ADQ2 in 2 minutes and 57 seconds:

- Solo EE Lord of Dust in 5 minutes and 18 seconds: New Record!

- Solo EE Don't Drink the Water in 6 minutes and 25 seconds:

- Solo EE Offering of Blood in 5 minutes and 37 seconds:

- Solo EE The Deal and the Demon in 4 minutes and 31 seconds:

- 2 manned Epic Normal Temple of Deathwyrm

- Healed Temple of Deathwyrm Epic Elite the day it came out in team with another Fvs:

- Solo healed Epic Hard Temple of Deathwyrm

- Solo EE A break in the Ice 15 minutes and 10 seconds (click on the image to see the video):

- Solo EE End of The Road in 7 minutes and 20 seconds:

- Solo EE The Thrill of the Hunt in 13 minutes and 34 seconds:
    Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 12-03-2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Build updates
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stinging_Bee View Post
    18 FVS - Wings, Mass heal, Just Reward
    1 Wizard - Archmage Magic Missile Sla, More Spell power
    1 Sorc - Fast casting 1,5 second cd Magic Missile, 2% crit and +1 caster lvl on Energy burst
    Sorry but I don't get the reason for the 1 Wiz and 1 Sorc. The Archmage MM SLA is cast at lvl 1 (so just 1 missile) as is the MM spell. So why even bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
    Sorry but I don't get the reason for the 1 Wiz and 1 Sorc. The Archmage MM SLA is cast at lvl 1 (so just 1 missile) as is the MM spell. So why even bother?
    Because.
    Epic Abishai set and Twilight are both very important for the build to work great. They both boost you caster level on magic missile spell so you can cast 5 missiles at once and they work on energy bursts as well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
    You don't get it.

FVS AOV enhancements raise the level of evocation spells by 3.
    Epic chronoscope 3 piece set raises it by 3 more.
    Aracne augmentation raises it by 2 more.

1 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 9th level = 5 magic missiles.

Just did a video of my build soloing EE lord of dust:

Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 08-09-2014 at 08:25 AM.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    You don't get it.

FVS AOV enhancements raise the level of evocation spells by 3.
    Epic chronoscope 3 piece set raises it by 3 more.
    Aracne augmentation raises it by 2 more.

1 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 9th level = 5 magic missiles.
    If you guys pay attention to the video (or do some testing of your own), you'd see that mm SLA stays at level 1, regardless of how many caster level boosts you have. Personally, I think this build is extremely sub-optimal. Full metamagic avenging light does almost as much damage as sorc magic missiles, and you shouldn't be dumping your DCs like that. ~5 extra spellpower is in no way worth the loss of DCs on frequently used damage spells (avenging light and blade barrier). MM SLA cast at level 1 is marginal DPS, or perhaps even a DPS loss.

I would recommend 17 fvs/2 monk/1 sorc or 18 fvs/1 monk/1 sorc. Or, if you're willing to lose wings, splash deeper with 6 sorc or 6 wiz.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    If you guys pay attention to the video...
    did you watch the video? when he cast MM (every 1.5 seconds because of the sorc level) 5 MMs were going out. if the SLA doesn't work the same, the wizard feat is still worth it

If you guys pay attention to the video (or do some testing of your own), you'd see that mm SLA stays at level 1, regardless of how many caster level boosts you have. Personally, I think this build is extremely sub-optimal. Full metamagic avenging light does almost as much damage as sorc magic missiles, and you shouldn't be dumping your DCs like that. ~5 extra spellpower is in no way worth the loss of DCs on frequently used damage spells (avenging light and blade barrier). MM SLA cast at level 1 is marginal DPS, or perhaps even a DPS loss.

I would recommend 17 fvs/2 monk/1 sorc or 18 fvs/1 monk/1 sorc. Or, if you're willing to lose wings, splash deeper with 6 sorc or 6 wiz.
    Sorry but your post is totally wrong.
    First thing first I cast 5 magic missiles for each time I cast the sla or spell. That's some huge dps boost over anything fvs has.
    Also Intelligence based is not for 5 extra spell power. As I explain in the first post Intelligence based maxes your DC on energy burst and hellball that are by far the most powerful ability you can cast. Also you get to boost your reflex save as well, something you wouldn't have going charisma based.
    I suggest you to try the build yourself and have fun with it

YouTube

Sorry but your post is totally wrong.
    First thing first I cast 5 magic missiles for each time I cast the sla or spell. That's some huge dps boost over anything fvs has.
    Also Intelligence based is not for 5 extra spell power. As I explain in the first post Intelligence based maxes your DC on energy burst and hellball that are by far the most powerful ability you can cast. Also you get to boost your reflex save as well, something you wouldn't have going charisma based.
    I suggest you to try the build yourself and have fun with it
    All I can say is, watch your video again or do some independent testing with just MM sla. You don't get 5 missiles on the SLA no matter what.

All I can say is, watch your video again or do some independent testing with just MM sla. You don't get 5 missiles on the SLA no matter what.
    LOL
    I don't need to watch my video because I've been playing the build for months and I you can trust me on the fact that my sla fires 5 missiles exactly like the spell.

Hope you guys like this new video

A break in the ice Epic Elite solo 15 minutes

YouTube

This is Awesome. Summary : I've been watching the video YOU posted and recorded and I understand the build YOU've been playing for months better than YOU.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    This is Awesome. Summary : I've been watching the video YOU posted and recorded and I understand the build YOU've been playing for months better than YOU.
    I have no idea what video you watched, but I blatantly saw 5 missiles every time he casted. There's no way else to explain the 5 bits of force damage appearing above the baddy's heads every couple seconds.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Fighter. Human. Bastard Sword and Shield. Divine Crusader. Writeup when I get gear and learn to play.
    Sereine De'Corenai 15 Rogue 3 Monk 2 Fighter. Unarmed stun build. Useless with all undead around.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    I have no idea what video you watched, but I blatantly saw 5 missiles every time he casted. There's no way else to explain the 5 bits of force damage appearing above the baddy's heads every couple seconds.
    Look for when he casts the SLA, not the regular spell. Or better yet, roll up an iconic FvS/wiz and test it out, seriously. It's not hard. No idea why people like to continue arguing and trolling when they could easily obtain definitive proof for themselves in ~2-3 minutes.

Community Member

Archmage sla works like the spell so it fires 5 missiles if you have enough caster levels
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

Community Member

Caster level:
    Wizard 1 - 1
    Robe of Duality - 2
    Might of the Abishai - 1
    ====
    total = 4

in the red box
    the upper entry is the regular spell - two missiles
    the lower entry is the SLA (full meta) - two missiles

you're welcome.

EDIT: leveled up to 4/1/1, took first rank of Intense Faith: 3 missiles both spell and SLA
    Last edited by cru121; 05-30-2014 at 03:40 AM.

This is a screenshot of me casting magic missile sla.
    You can see 4 magic missiles, 1 lantern ring proc, 2 favorable wind sonic procs. You cannot see the 5th magic missile because with all those procs (even without joy in this screenshot) when the last missile damage appears on the enemy's head, the first missile damage fades away.

YouTube

I just tried using the sla on my 16monk/2fighter/2wiz.

Had 3 piece abishai, magister ed and twilight, I could not get the sla to fire a second missile even after respeccing my enhancements and relogging.

Community Member

This is a screenshot of me casting magic missile sla.
    You can see 4 magic missiles, 1 lantern ring proc, 2 favorable wind sonic procs. You cannot see the 5th magic missile because with all those procs (even without joy in this screenshot) when the last missile damage appears on the enemy's head, the first missile damage fades away.
    Perhaps test outside shiradi and without the ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    You may want to reroll your sarcasm check. It was intended on AtomicMew who seems to understand OP's build better than him.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    You may want to reroll your sarcasm check. It was intended on AtomicMew who seems to understand OP's build better than him.
    Then direct my comment toward him.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Fighter. Human. Bastard Sword and Shield. Divine Crusader. Writeup when I get gear and learn to play.
    Sereine De'Corenai 15 Rogue 3 Monk 2 Fighter. Unarmed stun build. Useless with all undead around.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast