Angry combat mastery bonus not stacking:(

On the ring seal of house dun'Robar. Which has a +5 exceptional combat mastery on it is not stacking with the adamantine cloak of the bear
    which only has a +6 combat mastery on it. when you read the blip it is the same bonus but as the name implies it should stack in my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    On the ring seal of house dun'Robar. Which has a +5 exceptional combat mastery on it is not stacking with the adamantine cloak of the bear
    which only has a +6 combat mastery on it. when you read the blip it is the same bonus but as the name implies it should stack in my opinion anyway.
    They're both Insight Bonuses that don't stack. The problem is the ring is an old version (pre-U19) when the effect was called "Exceptional Combat Mastery". If you loot the same ring now in the Matron's room it will appear as simply "Combat Mastery". The name of the effect on old versions of the rings were never updated.

Quote Originally Posted by LawfulEvil View Post
    They're both Insight Bonuses that don't stack. The problem is the ring is an old version (pre-U19) when the effect was called "Exceptional Combat Mastery". If you loot the same ring now in the Matron's room it will appear as simply "Combat Mastery". The name of the effect on old versions of the rings were never updated.
    I understand but it says exceptional combat mastery so there for it should stack I bought it on the shard exchange
    for that reason. that they nerfed the new rings is not my problem. I got the old one and want my skill buff.

I understand but it says exceptional combat mastery so there for it should stack I bought it on the shard exchange
    for that reason. that they nerfed the new rings is not my problem. I got the old one and want my skill buff.
    Nerfs are retroactive, both old and new are the same in the nerf's eyes. Now if an item is upgraded (during the add augment time) those are not retroactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    Nerfs are retroactive, both old and new are the same in the nerf's eyes. Now if an item is upgraded (during the add augment time) those are not retroactive.

^Yup, This.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 04-07-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    ^Yup, This.
    sure are there is they thing called grandfathered if the loot bears the name then it should bear the property's the name implies.
    not b.s. I have loot from mod 2 where the min level is now so obscene it is sick.

sure are there is they thing called grandfathered if the loot bears the name then it should bear the property's the name implies.
    not b.s. I have loot from mod 2 where the min level is now so obscene it is sick.
    Now just convince Turbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Quote Originally Posted by DaSawks View Post
    Now just convince Turbine.
    the hard facts a +5 exceptional combat bonus would sell for 3000+ shards if it worked I bought mine for a mere 800 and just thought some dump sob did not know what he had. so I got screwed out of 30 dollars and want my bonus it happens u read what it is and say buy.

Community Member

the hard facts a +5 exceptional combat bonus would sell for 3000+ shards if it worked I bought mine for a mere 800 and just thought some dump sob did not know what he had. so I got screwed out of 30 dollars and want my bonus it happens u read what it is and say buy.
    Turbine does have a poor track record with making changes and not upgrading descriptions correctly to match.

You could contact Turbine directly or a gm in game and explain your problem and request a refund of your shards in exchange for the item returned. They may (or most likely?) won't give you that refund (although you won't know unless you try) at which point you can always suck it up or simply quit the game permanently (if you do please ensure to send Turbine a letter explaining why you are leaving...not that that will have any real impact on anything).
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Turbine does have a poor track record with making changes and not upgrading descriptions correctly to match.

You could contact Turbine directly or a gm in game and explain your problem and request a refund of your shards in exchange for the item returned. They may (or most likely?) won't give you that refund (although you won't know unless you try) at which point you can always suck it up or simply quit the game permanently (if you do please ensure to send Turbine a letter explaining why you are leaving...not that that will have any real impact on anything).
    I been rolling the dice since I was five when my mom bought DnD in hopes that her kids would play games and read. screwed or not screwed I am playing till they shut the server down