Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Taking a break until they merge the servers

I like to play end game and raids. All I see these days on my server in guild, lfms, and raid channels is between 2-4ish epic normal end game raids from 4 pm CST until 1:00 a.m. Epic Normal sucks for one thing you do not need any past lives, end game loot, or etc. to complete the new raids on epic normal quickly. No point in farming for something that a player does not need in the current epic normal game which defeats the purpose of running these raids at all. Epic normal is a boring joke, but what have you. Regardless there is almost no end game raiding on any difficulty on my server. Merge the servers so the end game players have someone to run with.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Default hijacked lol

I love the hoody

Now where do you get that key board, since pretty much only use my PC for this game (have a mac for my work) I need to do something , as I really don't use my keys well at all.

I think I need a straw for my wine glass, that the only thing I would add.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I like to play end game and raids. All I see these days on my server in guild, lfms, and raid channels is between 2-4ish epic normal end game raids from 4 pm CST until 1:00 a.m.
    Are you surprised? They made obtaining the materials from the raids a real grind. Once everyone has satisfied themselves by successfully running Epic Elite there really isn't much of a point on doing anything beyond fast runs if you hope to get an item made within a realistic time frame.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

If you get an EE group up again I'd be interested I also think once more people get the bracers or the item that is driving them to get the fastest possible to the 20th completion, more will becoming willing to slow down and try it for the challenge instead of the loot
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Lava Divers - Khyber

Community Member

Last 3 or 4 days have been super quiet on Thelanis for pug Shadow dragons. Most of the early runners have their 20th now an probably don't fancy going all the way to 1000+ ingots, so the pug runs have dried up a lot

Pugs for red dragons are now all "6 x EN".

The initial EH pugs for both raids have just been replaced by fewer ENs

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

merging servers wont really be a solution to you having someone to run raids with i think. ppl will still zerg the raids for the loot as fast as they can, which can be really fast with bypasses. once they have the loot why do they need to run the raid? once they have no raids to run either tr or stop playing. so perhaps a better solution is a combination of removing timer bypasses because imo their are bad for the game long term, and players either changing their reasons for playing, or take a hard look at why they are unhappy and deal accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    By the way, sorry for the folks I dropped the death cube on. Except I'm not sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    Due to the rising costs of OlladraCare, the Coin Lords laid off Mari and outsourced her job to foreigners.

#MakeStormreachGreatAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    Class balance isn't a black-or-white...issue...

I said this awhile back. if there is no real incentive to run a higher difficulty, people will run the easier difficulty for the same loot on a completable challenge. hard/norm is the typical difficulty to run raids while elite is mostly done through channels.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post

It is not just pugs it is all raids done whether initiated in a channel, raids, or through guild. There are not many raids done and they are all ENs.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    It is not just pugs it is all raids done whether initiated in a channel, raids, or through guild. There are not many raids done and they are all ENs.
    That's due to the 'new improved' loot mechanic, there is really no point in running EE other than for favour or kicks, it's a shame really but I guess there was so much crying that 'I can't get xyz without running EE and it's too hard for me' that they decided to change it.
    Sloene - 24/?? life Completionist Caster Druid, Apselar - 21/?? life Completionist Monkcher
    Panek - 21/?? life Completionist DC Pale Master, Morvian - 28/?? life Bard

Member of Renowned on Thelanis

Merge the servers all you want and the good players will still chose to leave you out of the reindeer games.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Last 3 or 4 days have been super quiet on Thelanis for pug Shadow dragons. Most of the early runners have their 20th now an probably don't fancy going all the way to 1000+ ingots, so the pug runs have dried up a lot

Pugs for red dragons are now all "6 x EN".

That Shadow Dragon raid takes too long for its value - too many floor puzzles that bore 10 people while 2 people do them. The most important ingredient are the ingots, so it's just better to run the Double Dragon raid.

Yes, for some items you need 30 Shadow phlogs. So, get your 20 completions, then run the red one over and over.

Can I use your stuff while you're away? I promise to give it back to you when you return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloene View Post
    That's due to the 'new improved' loot mechanic, there is really no point in running EE other than for favour or kicks, it's a shame really but I guess there was so much crying that 'I can't get xyz without running EE and it's too hard for me' that they decided to change it.
    Exactly. Take out the tiered EH and EE named loot system (as present in epic Gianthold) and there's no strong incentive to run the new content on other settings. It's a shame that players that want to challenge themselves and get rewarded with a better loot tier are shutout. Epic Normal is the path or least resistance to the same rewards, so that's whats being run.

Community Member

It's Turbines design choice. EE is difficult and named loot is the same. Some more mats. So the encourage EN runs. If the made a EE version, or like LOB, an ingredient only available on EE, different story.

I rather run harder difficulties too but thanks to the design, no incentive too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LawfulEvil View Post
    Exactly. Take out the tiered EH and EE named loot system (as present in epic Gianthold) and there's no strong incentive to run the new content on other settings. It's a shame that players that want to challenge themselves and get rewarded with a better loot tier are shutout. Epic Normal is the path or least resistance to the same rewards, so that's whats being run.
    Yep, the are catering to newbie crowd.

There doesn't need to be a server merge. The WHO panel at any time of the day or night is still hella long. EE raids and LFMs were put up by those players who are competent to run them. Relying on those people to drag you through an EE raid, or to continue putting up LFMs, is ... weak. If you feel competent to run the raid on EE, put up an EE LFM. Simple as that. If you don't feel confident to do that, put up an LFM for the difficulty you DO feel competent to complete. Do that every day (or every 3), for a little while, and you'll notice the same people joining you. Eventually your loose group of puggers will graduate to EE, and you'll be the one posting EE LFMs.

It's the same problem with LFMs we've always had: Post them yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

People ran Shroud on normal for ages. Server merges won't get people to start running elite. Nothing will. People run content that's just a bit too easy, because they're not playing this game to be challenged. Then they'll complain about a boring grind, or else about how there's nothing to do, depending on how quickly they finished the too-easy content.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghhjkl View Post
    People ran Shroud on normal for ages.
    And TOD, and HoX, and VoD, meh, pretty much the entire raid circut of yesteryear was commonly run on normal and hard, and people were glad to run it on those settings, into the ground, every 3 days or every time they saw an LFM up.

The entitlement of elite and scaling loot, really did screw up the game, and destroyed a lot of what made the raid pug scene so great as people became reclusive to guild/channel runs only for the vaunted EE loot.

It will take some time for people to get off their ego kick about needing to run EE, but, in time the game will relax and the doors to fun social raids will resurface, and players will return to the enjoyment we remember of running the Shroud or ToD, because, running raids with some people we know and some we don't, is just fun, regardless of difficulty.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast