Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Your opinion only I'm with the Birthday box is better crowd.

Wonder how much time you spent doing that. I spent that time playing the game instead of in trade channel or creating dummy accounts
    You are correct - absolutely my opinion only.

I didn't spend a lot of time and have only rolled cards on Khyber where my toons are. I spent no time on trade channels except to help one guy out with a straight one to one swap to get him cards he wanted and I didn't care which he gave back.

As you could see from my post you quoted I have played a lot of slayers - boosted by the major potion - and have played about 16 hours this weekend.

I was lucky enough to get two IXs and a X which I'll probably sell or hang onto until I get a good offer for them - otherwise there's no downside to hanging onto them. If you wanted an event as quick as the birthday bixes that's what you got - roll the dice, crunch the cards, thow away the equipment. If you want more you can have that I too. Brilliant!

As was said elsewhere, you can do as much or as little with this event as you wanted, so it has been far more flexible than other giveaways. If you wanted an event as simple as the birthday boxes, that's what you got - roll dice, crunch cards, throw away equipment - done. If you want more, you can have that. Fexible. Brilliant!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

With 3 accounts I rolled 3 #10s on my server and 1 on another server. No # 9's. Something I did notice that I found strange and possibly an issue with the random number generator or just a real quirk that meant absolutely nothing. For one week solid if I logged in all 3 accounts at the same time (within seconds having 3 clients open and logging in almost simultaneous) then rolled at the same time I got exactly the same card on all 3 accounts with only the last one rolled being different 3 of those 7 times. After that I started staggering my logins and rolling and it didn't look as bad still possibly just crazy random quirk.

My biggest disappointment is I rolled a 100 on my gold roll on a diff server and got a +6 con tome I cant even give away lol.
    Sarlona: Kherek, Humu, Humuhumu, humuhumunuku , ookluh, maybe a few others!

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default cool

Very cool my friend. I'll certainly be OK with my rewards. I wish that I could've had at least 1 or 2 of the Endless items.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    I rolled initial rolls on all servers with my account and have a couple friends taking a break so I rolled daily on G-Land with 4 accounts not missing a single day. Got no 9s or 10s. It is disappointing, but I'm still pretty happy overall. Maybe it's because I know my luck and went into it with the assumption that I wouldn't pull either. I got a ton of Sov XP pots, a few skill & stat tomes and have a bunch of cards waiting for me to decide what to do with them. Much better than the purified dragonshards I would've gotten from crunching a bunch of +2 tomes.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    Has the same feel of when one of "those" players joins a raid and does everything that he isn't supposed to do and after the "fail" says that they don't understand the hostilities from everyone and lays out the "its just a game" card. Sure it is.. but you just wasted MY time. I can get those other freebies anytime....
    I haven't pulled any IX's or X's, but I did pull enough of the others to have a lot of nice stuff that I didn't have before... for FREE.

There is no fail, here. Unless you are trading, there is only YOU and the "DIE", and it can be as simple or complex as you want it to be.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    thats because i do not deal in them.

btw, Op, nothing but I-VIIIs.
    One account. no boosting.
    & cant b bothered 2 check other servers toons.

vote for the cake next time
    Out of curiosity, even if someone disliked the trading card thing, why would they prefer the cake? Looking at the cake, you can get a single +2 tome, concentrating healing or spell potions, 4 siberys cakes, Ethereal rest shrine, or something else.
    Cards I~VIII are all common enough that I can not see people trading so every other day (or every day if you are VIP), you can get...
    A +3 tome, Raid timers, 3x Siberys cakes, ethereal shrines, Jewelers kits, etc...
    At the absolute -worst- if you logged in even a SINGLE time over the entire month, you would get your initial 5+1, so three times as many things (and +3 tomes instead of +2, etc)...
    So again, I am completely baffled how anyone would prefer a XXX-year old cake to this? Please explain it to me?

Community Member

Default Very discouraging

Just took an informal survey on Ghallanda. Not only have I received no 9 or 10's, but no-one in my guild has either. And after asking the server through a post on the LFM. I was bombarded by people with similar results. Why offer the event if there is no intention to deliver the reward? It is obvious that the purpose of the event was to get everyone to log in at least once a day. Did that. Still no card 9's or 10's. Were these reserved for council members like the 12's ? How is it that certain players seemed to have many many many of these rare cards for sale or trade? Was there an exploit in play? Lot's of questions here.....not pleased.
    Valiant Accord

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RuneSaint View Post
    Out of curiosity, even if someone disliked the trading card thing, why would they prefer the cake? Looking at the cake, you can get a single +2 tome, concentrating healing or spell potions, 4 siberys cakes, Ethereal rest shrine, or something else.
    Cards I~VIII are all common enough that I can not see people trading so every other day (or every day if you are VIP), you can get...
    A +3 tome, Raid timers, 3x Siberys cakes, ethereal shrines, Jewelers kits, etc...
    At the absolute -worst- if you logged in even a SINGLE time over the entire month, you would get your initial 5+1, so three times as many things (and +3 tomes instead of +2, etc)...
    So again, I am completely baffled how anyone would prefer a XXX-year old cake to this? Please explain it to me?
    Some people have like 20+ characters on the same server. That would be 20+ cakes.

I prefer the cards by far but I can understand that for some it's more hassle for possibly less results.

Edit: Actually I think I don't really understand... cards were just that much better with all the diversity. But oh well there has to be a reason to back those that were unhappy about it, right?
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 04-06-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by RuneSaint View Post
    Change.

Some folks don't handle it well.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Change.

I think maybe it because cake - click on it choose what you want n tadaaa! Cards- roll 5001 char lvl to 4 roll and hope you get the cards you want to get the reward you want.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Change.

The cards are great. Even the common card combos are pretty spiffy. If it were just the 1-8 cards, players would have been happy. Turbine decided to add "ultra-rares" to the cards. For some people, this is a cool item to chase. For others that are less lucky or less inclined to roll up multiple alt accounts, it adds a super rare element that they may never attain. Some people like this. Some don't. At least with the cakes there was no incentive to create alt accounts (just alts in general) and everyone got the same thing without any luck involved.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The cards are great. Even the common card combos are pretty spiffy. If it were just the 1-8 cards, players would have been happy. Turbine decided to add "ultra-rares" to the cards. For some people, this is a cool item to chase. For others that are less lucky or less inclined to roll up multiple alt accounts, it adds a super rare element that they may never attain. Some people like this. Some don't. At least with the cakes there was no incentive to create alt accounts (just alts in general) and everyone got the same thing without any luck involved.
    Luck, the roll of the dice, the uncertain chance to maybe hit that special number—this is at the heart of D&D.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Your opinion only I'm with the Birthday box is better crowd.

Wonder how much time you spent doing that. I spent that time playing the game instead of in trade channel or creating dummy accounts
    This is incredibly silly, the cards are objectively better. You got enough cards even without rolling(!) to double or quadruple the stuff you could get from a reward cake. And most of the rewards were objectively better than any of the old cake rewards.

You can say you don't like the event that's your right, but it would be because of a simple bais and for no objectively defined reason.

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    Was there an exploit in play?
    Yes, there was. I don't know how it was done and I never engaged in it. However, from reading around other sites on the Internet, there was definitely an exploit in play.
    Last edited by Coyopa; 04-07-2014 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Added key word "how" to my second sentence

Change.

This

Founder

First, I enjoyed the anniversary cards both for reminiscing and for fun. I am a crafter and enjoy creating new characters so taking time for the cards was fun for me.

That said, I do believe that the IX and X cards were a little too rare. I don't have sour grapes that I didn't get any (although I rolled 4 VIP characters every single day), but I also heard this from all my friends. And one of them was rolling on every server.

And frankly, I believe that the only reason why the vast majority of trades for IX and X cards took place was because of duping. If the cards were this rare, I can't believe that many people would trade away their only IX or X card. Sure, there might be a tiny percent of players who made / had such a huge number of accounts that they got more than 1 or 2 of them. But even if you had 2 or 3 of each would you trade them away since they weren't bound? And I saw a large number of trades taking place before the event was over. Someone might trade their IX card if they knew that was all they were going to get and would rather have cash or were looking for a specific item. But they wouldn't know that until the event was over...

I rolled a single 9.

However I traded lots of cards for ones I wanted more.

I lined the coffers of dozens of newer players buying cards they had too many extras of.

I traded high level stuff to other players for the high cards.

Traded the high cards for larger numbers of specific low cards. And then did the exact opposite with large numbers of low cards that I had too many of, in return for the rare high cards.

I traded cross server probably 20 times with no one scamming or being a D-bag. I even misspelled my own characters name and had someone send about 20 cards to the wrong person lol. Oh well still honored my trade and they have continued to send me the cards they rolled since as a nice gesture.

All in all I accumulated about 7 or 8 IX, X and XI cards and traded half that many away for stuff I though was worth it (got a Avithoul ring and tendon slice 10% dun'robar for one 9 card not Sure how crazy a shard price a tendon slice brings but I am Sure I never see them listed for more than an hour or two even the coveted stunning rings stick around).

This event was great fun, but then I like wheeling and dealing. The cards were perhaps overly generous in rewards, and this was the least stingy MMO giveaway I've ever seen. What more do you want? It didn't even cause lag!

The flavor of the event was full of win. Now that its done I has a sad.
    Last edited by IronClan; 04-06-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Don't worry OP, I am sure I am the only person in DDO, I did not participate at all for various reasons. Anywhoo. Cheers! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

Cool Loved the event

Just to reiterate what some folks have said. I rolled on every server/every day 1 VIP account (mine) 2 Premium Accounts (my kids - used to be VIP but they have moved on) and my trading account (premium-bought Veteran status right away). That did take an hour + a day to go through all the rolls and mail all the trades.

I had daily trades set-up with 1 or 2 people per server, mostly those went fine, had a couple people drop out un-announced but stuff happens. I did manage to trade almost every card to my main server.

In the end I had over 1000 cards on my main server, 4 of them 9's and 2 of them 10's. I rolled one of those on my main server, the rest I got through trading a 9 or 10 on one server for a 9 or 10 on my server.

I loved this so much better than the cakes, I solo a lot due to my schedule and I use a lot of consumables that I'm now going to get for free.

Community Member

Default ya lamo

so i just rolled a new acount farner whatever on g land and well got a 9 haahahah on a acount that is not my main . also rolled a ( on kyber wick=h i neverplay , The thing that sucks thoug is this these a funko on gland say ing he has 9 # 10 and and the same for sell ? *** urg um dupping or im just dupped becouse if you cheat slap on your wrist but if your honest you get ripped of by acompany that doesnt give a **** . oh and major lag in new content

Community Member

I just assumed that since they go in a bag, they got duped like everything else that goes in a bag.
    How much Ghost could a Ghostbane Bane if a Ghostbane could Bane Ghost?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast