Community Member

Default DDO Store and Help Menu DNS error

The DDO store in game and the Help menu both show a white background with the following error:

DNS Name Not Resolved

I've clicked the home button. I've flushed my DNS cache, I've rebooted my machine. Everything else in the game seems to work. I have no problems getting to websites with browsers. This wasn't a problem until yesterday...I even waited 24 hours before posting to see if it was something with the local DNS server hosted by my ISP.

I have used the store in the past to buy items, so I know it worked. I want to take advantage of the current sale!
    Last edited by Wirrekess; 04-05-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Edit to add part about home button

Community Member

Default Additional info

I've found another error. When I log in, I see "(Error): Error 0x80043006 received when trying to retrieve information about any support tickets associated with this account."

This error started at the same time. People in chat said it's a well know, long occurring error, but it just started for me yesterday, the same time as the DDO store "DNS Name Not Resolved" error.

I'm considering completely uninstalling the game, and reinstalling from scratch to see if that fixes it, but I don't want to download it all again. I'm hoping someone answers this...

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Is your firewall blocking

1. AwesomiumProcess.exe?
    2. Netsessions_win.exe?

That is the first thing I would look at.

Are you a VIP? Did you forget to pay them?

Are you auto charging your credit card, but the credit card was stolen by hackers, so your credit card company closed it, but you had it auto paying Turbine?

I have had it that the credit card on file with Turbine was cancelled because my credit card company was hacked. Of course, the credit card company does not auto transfer all your auto pays over, so it is a HUGE hassle.

Turbine completely shutoff my VIP account.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 04-05-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Thanks for the reply. No, the firewall is not blocking either of those - they're both "approved processes"

Not a VIP. Premium account, though, or whatever you become when you're F2P and then buy something in the store.

I can log in and play; I just can't use the DDO store. That's where I get the DNS error. Not sure why you thought that an invalid credit card would disrupt my connection to the store, but I appreciate the assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrekess View Post
    I've found another error. When I log in, I see "(Error): Error 0x80043006 received when trying to retrieve information about any support tickets associated with this account."

This error started at the same time. People in chat said it's a well know, long occurring error, but it just started for me yesterday, the same time as the DDO store "DNS Name Not Resolved" error.

I'm considering completely uninstalling the game, and reinstalling from scratch to see if that fixes it, but I don't want to download it all again. I'm hoping someone answers this...
    I am having this exact same issue...i hope someone comes up with a solution fast i wasnt to buy turbine points whiles its double points sale!

Community Member

This is still an ongoing problem for me. I see a couple of other threads have been started as well, with the same problem.

Community Member

I was having the same issues as you're describing as well as a few other threads. Tried dns cache clushing, router and modem reset, driver updates, fresh client install, etc. Come to find out the solution was a simple but often overlooked one:

SOLUTION: I (and i'm sure many of you) use Comodo. Open the program and click on blocked intrusions, then on unrecognized files. In there you will find a list of programs, one of which will be your Drive > program files (x86) > turbine > ddo > (insert launcher type here). Right click on this and add it to your trusted files. Then boot up and log into ddo. BAM! Store, ticket, and most other DNS issues solved