Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rR0b View Post
    Yeah, i'm quite torn about the favored weapon. BF is more damage, 7 per swing actually,10 if we count the PA enhancement, before any other modifier. Oh, and a few more hp.
    Human gives me more skill points, Healing Amp, and a bonus feat.

I guess i'm not really fond of the thought of a divine toon pushing for positive sp for healing, and then relying on reconstruct to stay alive (will it be enough, without heavily investing in repair sp? I guess i can slot a Repair Ruby somewhere in a green slot, but..).
    I have BF rog acrobat without any spellpower gain on enhancements and my recon hits between 630-700+ depending on what buffs I have going on (138 recon slotted on Sireth, +15 repair augemnt at some random slot). Recon is more than enough to keep yourself up, actually with the USP gain, probably gonna fullheal you.

Also if a BF build ever needs to heal a difficult raid, having the ability to efficiently heal another BF that might be tanking is potentially priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Am I missing something awesome about ruin? It doesn't seem all that great just reading it.
    You played enough with me to figure out how much SP I'll use to heal other party members. I'll use the remaining 100% to heal myself and dps. The build has a lot of SP, and crit on a Ruin is close to an inskill, and good boss dps.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

For everyone that is looking for variations of this, here are the cores of the build.

-Playstile: get a bunch of mobs, soundburst + energy burst then, use consecration first if you know they wont get one shooted, move onto another group and use soundburst + celestial bombardement. When you get to a boss throw in a consecration, divine punishment, then hit on Wrath of the Righteous, haste + dmg boost and beat on him.
    Note: soundburst only while leveling up to high road

-Charisma: don't fall in the trap of maxing Strength! Charisma is your most important stat, as it boosts your casting and melee damage, gives you spellpoints, umd and saves if paladin splash.

-Spellpower: get as much on fire as you can, also invest in light and positive. Force is useful if you want Ruin (this build wont be using bladebarrier).

-Melee: If you are using a favored weapon you get +5 enhacement bonus to it, which means +5 to damage and +15 implement bonus to spellpower. Sadly the only good ones are greatsword (only if you have an eSoS), and scimitars. Longswords/shortswords can work, but avoid heavy maces.
    Also, haste + damage boost is very useful to take named mobs fast!

Other things to consider:

-Defenses: paladin/monk splashes, gear and enhacements. Always watch out for your saves, PRR, hit points, etc. Craft displacement clickies if possible.

-Healing capabilities: it's good to have exalted angel maxed in case you need to be a dedicated healer for a raid.

-Archon: helps a lot building stacks of purification, scourge and Empyrean favor
    Last edited by serthcore; 04-16-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

Community Member

Interesting build, original!
    Have you considered Sun Elf? (iconic) they have a lot of good enhancements light, fire base... And all the elves options...

Quote Originally Posted by Choopak View Post
    Interesting build, original!
    Have you considered Sun Elf? (iconic) they have a lot of good enhancements light, fire base... And all the elves options...
    Thanks!

There's 2 problems with sun elf: bad favored weapon and not having enough AP's to get the good things (need 13 points for fey energy tap and 15+ to get light spellpower). It also loses racial dmg boost.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Yeah, i'm quite torn about the favored weapon. BF is more damage, 7 per swing actually,10 if we count the PA enhancement, before any other modifier. Oh, and a few more hp.
    Human gives me more skill points, Healing Amp, and a bonus feat.

I guess i'm not really fond of the thought of a divine toon pushing for positive sp for healing, and then relying on reconstruct to stay alive (will it be enough, without heavily investing in repair sp? I guess i can slot a Repair Ruby somewhere in a green slot, but..).
    After seeing some warpriest builds a few months ago, I tr'd into a twf wf tempest warpriest. Currently I hardly use them. And I plan on going to DC when I hit 20 in this life since it is a new tree that will play towards my melee cleric action. I went wf so I can dual tensers (bladeforged and scroll).

Quote Originally Posted by Zoda View Post
    I have BF rog acrobat without any spellpower gain on enhancements and my recon hits between 630-700+ depending on what buffs I have going on (138 recon slotted on Sireth, +15 repair augemnt at some random slot). Recon is more than enough to keep yourself up, actually with the USP gain, probably gonna fullheal you.

Also if a BF build ever needs to heal a difficult raid, having the ability to efficiently heal another BF that might be tanking is potentially priceless.
    I tried to simulate what i could do on my toon by testing it on my BF melee sorc. No recon ruby, average repair: SLA heals me for 300ish, and since i'm trying to push for more or less 1000hp i feel it's a bit underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by serthcore View Post
    For everyone that is looking for variations of this, here are the cores of the build.

-Charisma: don't fall in the trap of maxing Strength! Charisma is your most important stat, as it boosts your casting and melee damage, gives you spellpoints, umd and saves if paladin splash.
    I think it depends on what you want to focus. Ever since i returned to the game and saw the new DM, i thought CHA was a trap, since you need 4 points in it compared to 2 in STR to gain 1 dmg. Of course in your build cha is much more important, but you get the idea. In the end, it's a matter of finding the right split.

As for my hard choice, in the end it's gonna be more dps vs more survivability. Honestly, i'm for following an old saying: "a dead dps is no dps" (and the same goes for healing :P)

Officer de "I Granchi Aviatori" on Thelanis
    Alphirlian - Fayran - Alpheral - Alpharyus - Alpharia - Alpharenicus

As for my hard choice, in the end it's gonna be more dps vs more survivability. Honestly, i'm for following an old saying: "a dead dps is no dps" (and the same goes for healing :P)

Yep, for pure melee builds with divine might i go max str, but not on this one, as i get higher energy burst and soundburst dc, and better exalted angel SLA dc's when i switch to it.

Community Member

Default I know what I am going to reincarnate now

Nice build!!!! something that fits with my game play style :-), Dps, self healing nice safes, I will probably try the evasion modification.

I got my version of Divine Crusader hybrid fvs to 26 last night (15fvs3monk2pal - centered longsword user), and I feel like I have to echo Shoik here, if you go for this build, you need to do both melee and nuking, othervise you'll just be a divine with bad healing capabilities and mediocre dps. Btw the build is an absolute beast, I barely ever have to use a spell to heal myself in ee content (up to gianthold at least).

CHA vs STR feels like the WIS vs STR debate on monk, putting your levelups to str gives you what? like 3 more damage a swing vs +3 all saves, sp and DCs, no thanks.

Shoik: why do you have the same CHA as me? Based on our conversation yesterday I should have 2 points higher (completionist factored in), log on and teach me!
    Last edited by Zoda; 04-09-2014 at 06:51 AM.
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Thanks!

There's 2 problems with sun elf: bad favored weapon and not having enough AP's to get the good things (need 13 points for fey energy tap and 15+ to get light spellpower). It also loses racial dmg boost.
    If only Amaunator had warhammers as the favored weapon, then Sun Elf warpriests would be a pretty solid choice (e.g. hello, Mornh!). However the selection of heavy maces as the deity weapon undermines them seriously since there are no good melee Heavy Maces in epic levels (and the caster ones are a bit of a mixed bag too). Even the drow weaponmasters refuse to use heavy maces, and the new Thunderforged maces retain the terrible base 20 x2 crit profile.

I bet a Sun Elf version with dual Phosphors would feel pretty amazing to start, but it would be all downhill from there.

And as ever it is a shame that we can't cherry pick a specific Sovereign Host deity to worship for a specific weapon (e.g. battleaxe, warhammer, qstaff) rather than be stuck with the pantheon - or for that matter one of the Dark Six (which brings in rapiers and kamas).

Community Member

Btw the build is an absolute beast, I barely ever have to use a spell to heal myself in ee content (up to gianthold at least).
    This build is sounding quite nice. What is your conceal/incorp/dodge numbers look like while you are going through that content.

Build updated

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    This build is sounding quite nice. What is your conceal/incorp/dodge numbers look like while you are going through that content.
    I'm not him but i finally Lr'd to that version.
    Lower than a blitzer ofc, but still nice. 25-40 PRR, 15% dodge. 10% incorp. Concealment comes from clickies.

Community Member

Hmm, I'm seriously thinking about trying an elf FVS 12/Mnk 6/Pal 2 version with dragonmarks. It could use wraps for normal fighting but switch to scimitars for raids using the NoDoze +dmg approach. Now that exalted angel gets two AE heals, it might even be able to raid heal.

Since when does CHA increase spell DC's on a FvS? Has something changed? It is (or was) WIS that determined spell DC's on a FvS. CHA only increased spell point pool.
    Cully Clonk, Culpepper Cleric, Culpeppa PvP spec Cleric, Azygoz Clogue
    Coyle evoker FvS, Ungoliant, Assassin, Angainor, WF Lord of Blades FvS
    Mellkor Wizard, Ferrari WF Sorc, ***Argonnessen*** ~~Ascent~~

Default Was also thinking this way

I got my version of Divine Crusader hybrid fvs to 26 last night (15fvs3monk2pal - centered longsword user), and I feel like I have to echo Shoik here, if you go for this build, you need to do both melee and nuking, othervise you'll just be a divine with bad healing capabilities and mediocre dps. Btw the build is an absolute beast, I barely ever have to use a spell to heal myself in ee content (up to gianthold at least).

CHA vs STR feels like the WIS vs STR debate on monk, putting your levelups to str gives you what? like 3 more damage a swing vs +3 all saves, sp and DCs, no thanks.

Shoik: why do you have the same CHA as me? Based on our conversation yesterday I should have 2 points higher (completionist factored in), log on and teach me!
    Quick Question Zoda, why 15/3 monk/ 2 pally. what does 3 monk give you that 2 wont. Or is it because 16 fvs wont give much either? Been gathering mats to tr my Paladin into a longsowrd crusader so im all ears for any input

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    Since when does CHA increase spell DC's on a FvS? Has something changed? It is (or was) WIS that determined spell DC's on a FvS. CHA only increased spell point pool.
    Some epic destiny abilities can use CHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    This build don't use heroic favored soul spells, just epic spells.
    Energy burst, soundburst, hellball, then de exalted angel ones... all work with cha

Nice!
    Cully Clonk, Culpepper Cleric, Culpeppa PvP spec Cleric, Azygoz Clogue
    Coyle evoker FvS, Ungoliant, Assassin, Angainor, WF Lord of Blades FvS
    Mellkor Wizard, Ferrari WF Sorc, ***Argonnessen*** ~~Ascent~~

Quote Originally Posted by gall View Post
    Quick Question Zoda, why 15/3 monk/ 2 pally. what does 3 monk give you that 2 wont. Or is it because 16 fvs wont give much either? Been gathering mats to tr my Paladin into a longsowrd crusader so im all ears for any input
    3 monk gives me Path of Harmonious Balance finishers and 2nd core of shintao (and option to pick 2nd core of henshin for more fire spellpower if you can afford it). 25% sp discount can be really nice for those Ruins, Bombardments and Hellballs. Also gives stun immunity buff and fightclub entry.

This build don't use heroic favored soul spells, just epic spells.
    Energy burst, soundburst, hellball, then thee exalted angel ones... all work with cha
    ninja`d

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast