Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Default Card trading/crunching after the 6th?

I know it has been confirmed by a dev that the d20 will stop producing cards after the 6th, but has it been confirmed by a dev that we will be able to trade and crunch cards after the 6th? Thanks in advance.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    I know it has been confirmed by a dev that the d20 will stop producing cards after the 6th, but has it been confirmed by a dev that we will be able to trade and crunch cards after the 6th? Thanks in advance.
    Yes.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you very much.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Correct. They can technically be put onto the Auction House, but cannot be searched for or found in the left-hand menu. BUT - when this issue is fixed, you should indeed be able to post and purchase them from the auction houses. You won't be able to get new cards through the Magic d20 when the event is over, but presumably interested folks will have leftovers, and you will be able to continue to crunch them after the event.
    For one link.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

For one link.
    Perfect. Thanks again.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

There are other threads on this but from one of them there is this link

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5296018
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Only until some future unspecified update when they accidently disable it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    There are other threads on this but from one of them there is this link

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5296018
    Hah! I knew it was in there somewhere; I just didn't look deeply enough.

ty

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Cordovan responded to a post i made saying we could still crunch after the 6th, however as shown above he also said we would be able to auction them when fixed, patch release notes on Lama say otherwise "Classic D&D Cards can no longer be placed into the Auction Houses." so i guess no-one no-one knows until the 6th lol
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Given that this event has been perceived by both the players and Turbine as a success, one can assume it will be resurrected at a future date (like next year).
    So don't go throwing away any d20's or crunchers.
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    however as shown above he also said we would be able to auction them when fixed, patch release notes on Lama say otherwise "Classic D&D Cards can no longer be placed into the Auction Houses." so i guess no-one no-one knows until the 6th lol
    Ouch. Ominous.

Anyways, assuming it continues to work, I'd like the card cruncher to be tradeable, that way, should I want to recommend the game to friends, I'd be able to twink them with my card stash.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    Ouch. Ominous.

Anyways, assuming it continues to work, I'd like the card cruncher to be tradeable, that way, should I want to recommend the game to friends, I'd be able to twink them with my card stash.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEE..

I remember how excited I was when I pulled my first +1 tome back in 2007.

Not sure if I like this. Sure, you are helping out your friends and you might encourage them to play on because of this. But then, you are invoking the slippery slope of the constant easy button.

Now, you are suggesting that you will just give a new player +3 tomes and everything else that comes with the cards instead of making them earn it.

Why should only your friends benefit? What about new players that don't know you?

Why don't we just give everyone that starts all +3 tomes, all +3 skill tomes, and everything else that comes from the 8th Birthday Party Box as soon as they create a character. Problem solved.

Heck, why stop there. Give all new players that start 38 point characters, EIGHT Inventory slots, SIX Bank Slots, and +5 tomes. That way they start off BETTER than you did. That ought to keep them in the game.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    Cordovan responded to a post i made saying we could still crunch after the 6th, however as shown above he also said we would be able to auction them when fixed, patch release notes on Lama say otherwise "Classic D&D Cards can no longer be placed into the Auction Houses." so i guess no-one no-one knows until the 6th lol
    No need to start up paranoia the cards have never been able to be auctioned so there's no link that something we can do now with cards won't be able to be continued in the future since they would have to do something to the cards themselves to changed that turning of the card generating die shouldn't have anything to do with that

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE..

I remember how excited I was when I pulled my first +1 tome back in 2007.

Not sure if I like this. Sure, you are helping out your friends and you might encourage them to play on because of this. But then, you are invoking the slippery slope of the constant easy button.
    I sure know what you mean. IMHO one of the faster ways of losing a new player is to give them 100k fresh out of Khortos, have them go on an AH shopping spree, get broke by level 8 and quit because they don't know how to make money, what items are worth and how the game even works.

BUT:
    [...]instead of making them earn it.[...]
    I now have effectively infinite amount of +3 tomes, obtained as a side effect of trying to get cards IX/X.
    I suspect most vets will have enough cards to keep a stash for future use too.
    If a person joins on April 6th, they get the cruncher and can partake.
    And having read full/nearly full set of +3 tomes becomes the standard.
    But if someone joins on 7th, they can't join the club.

I get that the whole limited time offer is a part of the driving force behind events, but like... I just think it's not fair. Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I very much dislike how some people get to be privileged just because they were there earlier.

And another thing: to use the tomes you need to be level 11, so the button is not quite as easy as you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No need to start up paranoia the cards have never been able to be auctioned so there's no link that something we can do now with cards won't be able to be continued in the future since they would have to do something to the cards themselves to changed that turning of the card generating die shouldn't have anything to do with that
    Cordovan made a statement;
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Correct. They can technically be put onto the Auction House, but cannot be searched for or found in the left-hand menu. BUT - when this issue is fixed, you should indeed be able to post and purchase them from the auction houses. You won't be able to get new cards through the Magic d20 when the event is over, but presumably interested folks will have leftovers, and you will be able to continue to crunch them after the event.
    I simply posted that according to Lama release notes this is incorrect, and as such there are no guarantees as we all know in this game, how the hell is that stirring up paranoia???
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Community Member

Why should only your friends benefit? What about new players that don't know you?
    Congratulations. You've won the most asinine comment of the day award.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    Congratulations. You've won the most asinine comment of the day award.
    It reads better in context.

Irony much?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    I sure know what you mean. IMHO one of the faster ways of losing a new player is to give them 100k fresh out of Khortos, have them go on an AH shopping spree, get broke by level 8 and quit because they don't know how to make money, what items are worth and how the game even works.
    If the game is not fun enough that a 8th level player is quiting over plat. Then if failed a lot earlier in the process than "some event in its 8th year". lol. Some people see boogiemen in every shadow. This event won't lose a single mentally stable player, that was actually going to enjoy the game to begin with. And neither will a lot of other single factors that people love to theorize about.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

It reads better in context.

Irony much?
    Yep, I see the irony but I still contest that it's less asinine than: This guy wants to help his friends get ahead in the game! DOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Community Member

Also, update update: it appears the new accounts get the box too, can open it, and there's a card cruncher inside.
    I'm positively amazed at how well this was handled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast