Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Your fact is wrong.
    Items.
    The difference between my characters at lvl 20 and at lvl 28 is not even funny.
    How about between 24 and 28.

Only for specific builds that rely heavily on maxed level gear, which isnt even always the most effective gear.

The single biggest power increase in those levels is destinies which are not level dependant.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

/Signed, it just makes sense.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

/signed

Here is an incentive for Turbine: If you remove level restrictions on Epics, I will spend more money!

That's not a joke. I did not buy either Thunderholme or Haunted Halls because my highest level character is 21, and I have no patience to level him -- or any other toon, -- further. As far as I am concerned, 21-25 range is so dreadful I just TR and play quests I actually enjoy. If you remove level restrictions, I will definitely buy Haunted Halls, and possibly Thunderholme. I might not succeed in them, but I would enjoy them!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    How about between 24 and 28.

Only for specific builds that rely heavily on maxed level gear, which isnt even always the most effective gear.

The single biggest power increase in those levels is destinies which are not level dependant.
    25 is usually where it gets close (since that was the cap before and people geared for that).
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

/Absolutely, whole heartedly signed.

It was so much easier to get together a group of guildies for a once-a-week guild night.
    What purpose does the level restrictions for epics actually serve??

Please, use the scalpel and not the sledgehammer.
    The reason to make a clear split between epic and heroic xp is understandable. Fine, keep it so that you can't get a level 18 into an epic xp quest. Now that you all have fixed the nasty xp curve that used to exist, it's no big deal to get a third lifer through 17-20 anymore.

Please Turbine, remove the 4 level restriction from entering quests and adventure areas for levels 20-28.
    Thank you.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I agree with the right gear will get more powerful but i'm wearing a bunch of **** gear at higher levels and i still just run EE.

If we can handle it why you don't let us to do it?

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

I don't really care about raids, but I do think that level restrictions on epic quests are arbitrary, unnecessary, and honestly kind of dumb. On my healer (with all destinies capped) the difference in play between 21 and 28 are some hp and a little more spellpower, neither of which are at all game-changing.

What the restrictions really do are limit the people we can play with, and what content we can experience with our friends. Also, it actively discourages epic TR's by barring re-incarnated characters from higher level content where their interest may lie.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Your fact is wrong.
    Items.
    The difference between my characters at lvl 20 and at lvl 28 is not even funny.
    Yes, items.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Indeed, level restrictions are just silly in epics.

A level 20 melee in level 5 fury or dreadnaught is likely way more powerful than a level 28 melee in level 0 magister...

Same for other combinations of level 20 in topped good destiny vs level 28 in bad destiny..
    /signed.

Away with the level restrictions in Epic-Levels.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

I agree. I'd like to see no restrictions or XP penalties for anyone 20+ running Epic content. Most people I see in pugs that are 20-25 are not new characters. Most have TR'ed and are doing epic reincarnations. They have access to ED's, twists, usually decent gear, etc. Just let everyone 20+ group together in Epics with no penalties or restrictions. It will just help fill groups faster and I don't think it is a balance issue either way (Too high. too low). Currently sometimes people don't want a high 20's in a group due to an XP hit, or a low 20's can't get in some of the non-raid epics because they are too low. I think it just limits player interaction while doing little if any for balance.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

Has Turbine ever even admitted this is working as designed? Not that I'm aware of. The change just appeared one day, not in release notes, no dev discussion, nothing. I think it's actually a band-aid to prevent some other problems - probably issues with heroic characters getting into epic quests.

Yes, they should fix this bug.

or they can admit it's working as intended, in which case they should change the intent and then fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    Has Turbine ever even admitted this is working as designed? Not that I'm aware of. The change just appeared one day, not in release notes, no dev discussion, nothing. I think it's actually a band-aid to prevent some other problems - probably issues with heroic characters getting into epic quests.

or they can admit it's working as intended, in which case they should change the intent and then fix it.
    As always we have the old and good turbine communication.... not a single word.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mutilador View Post
    We cant enter in the new raids at lvl 26 if EH, this is stupid and pointless.

The drop rate is ****, we barely have ppl on the servers to fill a freaking raid, its lag as hell...

Why have a pointless thing like this to make even hard to form a group?
    They are not exp farms... so why limit access?

Community Member

I have mixed feelings about this.

I definitely would like to see VIPs and premium have the same level requirements for the new raids - and I would like to see them lowered to level 24 at least - maybe even 22. It's too confusing when some level 26s can get in the raid and others can't. It wastes everyone's time.

I am not so sure about letting level 20s in the raid. While I agree some will be stronger than level 28 characters, we will see more people joining those raids that aren't ready;.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by darkly_dreaming View Post
    I don't really care about raids, but I do think that level restrictions on epic quests are arbitrary, unnecessary, and honestly kind of dumb. On my healer (with all destinies capped) the difference in play between 21 and 28 are some hp and a little more spellpower, neither of which are at all game-changing.

What the restrictions really do are limit the people we can play with, and what content we can experience with our friends. Also, it actively discourages epic TR's by barring re-incarnated characters from higher level content where their interest may lie.
    For me it discourages buying new high lvl packs, because Im always etring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post

This is classic example of how turbine fixes bugs.
    Just like they did in this update, changed quiver of poison to btcoa because it was buggy as btcoe.

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    They are not exp farms... so why limit access?
    Because this level restriction is pointless. Epic levels are useless, while i agree about the higher level items making the toon more powerful the higher level today is 28, having a level limit for those raids just make harder to fill the raid and don't guarantee a completion.

You must to be level 26 to run it EN, 27 for EH and 28 for EE. This is totally dumb.

/not signed

I was going to sign this and then the people supporting it argued their case so poorly that I thought more seriously about the differences between level 20 and 28 characters and realized that the gulf is rather large for many builds.

I'm not saying the level restrictions in epics necessarily make sense, but the proposed change of nixing them altogether makes less sense the longer this thread goes on. This emperor has no clothes - it's just a gripe about filling groups with some hand-wavy motions made before blaming something that sounds bad.
    Last edited by Portalcat; 04-04-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Difference between lvl 20 and lvl 28 on my caster is 18 DC. No big deal, lol.
    I call BS.

you'll gain at most:
    1dc from stats levelups
    2dc from enhancement bonus stats
    1dc from insightful stats
    3DC from all 3 spell focus feats
    4DC from focus items

if you gain more than that it's not from being level 28, but from differences in your gear vs someone with optimal level 20 gear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast