Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    All red names should come with bonus experience and or loot. So if they want to make EVERY mob in a joint red, im fine with that. But be right about it and reward me accordingly.
    I could live with this. The new raids would drop like 47 chests each run.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Shush! You know he cannot be stopped by facts.
    Facts do not apply to hardcore players.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

I could live with this. The new raids would drop like 47 chests each run.
    Probably closer to 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Probably closer to 20k.
    20k is the DDO version of "42."

Community Member

Thanks to raid bypasses we're starting to see a few of these in the wild.

These weapons are very strong. Stronger than woowoo. I farmed CiTW until my three TWFing toons each had a pair of Nightmares, a guildie of mine did it for 5 toons . . . now he now longer plays.

30 Philatiogistens (or whatever) is a pain in the nutz to farm. Looking at 20-30 runs a weapon (if you take the 10 from a 20th reward). So if people put all this time into farming something that's gonna get nerfed later . . . fool me twice and forget you.

So devs . . . I'd hope you actually consider how powerful something like this is before you put it in game. But considering Turbine's track record it wouldn't shock me.

Are we going to have yet another effects-based weapon that's a pain to acquire nerfed into uselessness? This is Turbine's MO but it's gotten really old.
    I really disagree whole heartedly that this is powerful unless you are a low DPS toon. Compare a drop of 50% health on vorpal to a crit with 10 stacks of master blitz with an eSoS or even Cleaver and the net result is about the same. I made the unfortunate mistake of making this item early and now I rarely use it to better options. Maybe some toons (dex builds come to mind) or xbow users could make use of it, but most blitzing melees have better options in favor of higher crits.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I really disagree whole heartedly that this is powerful unless you are a low DPS toon. Compare a drop of 50% health on vorpal to a crit with 10 stacks of master blitz with an eSoS or even Cleaver and the net result is about the same. I made the unfortunate mistake of making this item early and now I rarely use it to better options. Maybe some toons (dex builds come to mind) or xbow users could make use of it, but most blitzing melees have better options in favor of higher crits.
    I think you're somewhat missing the point that you actually made yourself. A weapon like this becomes relatively more useful in a non blitz destiny. It helps out destinies that are considered weaker without overpowering dreadnaught any more than it already is. It's a cleverly disguised buff to non blitzers. It's not the solution to all the balance problems, but it's a start.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Hi,

I'm expecting a nerf in one of two forms.

There could be an unfavourable adjustment to how the mortal fear ability works, or an adjustment to the HP of EE mobs where it makes the effect inefficient to use, even for non blitz or fury build characters.

Given the amount of grind required to make even one of these items, it would be very poor form to do that. But as we've seen, the live servers are for testing, and some of what gets through to them is clearly not well thought out. Then those people who spend their time, effort and money to be at the cutting edge of the game get screwed, and whether or not the nerf is ultimately justifiable it leaves a bad taste in their mouths.

I would have liked to see an effect which offered a way to induce helplessness in enemies. The ability to make a mob helpless is very important for someone wanting to melee in EE content, both to keep incoming damage down and to increase outgoing damage. But for so many builds it is completely out of reach.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Here's the next 3 items likely getting nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    There’s quite a few other possibilities we might look at, but these were near the top of the list for discussions.
    • Ranged Fury of the Wild
    • Monks using 10K Stars and manyshot (monkchers)
    • Bladeforged Reconstruct
    And here's something from Lamannia

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If there are further release notes to add, I will do so, but it looks to be mostly Lamannia-only bug fixes along with a change to the Crippling Flames benefit for Thunder-Forged weapons, so the effect no longer applies to Bosses and Raid Bosses.
    Emphasis mine. No mention of mortal fear. Maybe they won't nerf it.

Emphasis mine. No mention of mortal fear. Maybe they won't nerf it.
    They're not going to nerf Barbarian Past Life either!
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

I'm sorry, but this is classic Turbine Bait & Switch just waiting to happen. C'mon guys, the writing was on the wall with this effect as soon as they showed us the Llama-land release notes.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

I will say . . . with the exception of the insanely stupid 90% stat-damage immunity of epic ward (this should have gone as soon as deathblock was removed) the got the WoP nerf right.

The nightmare nerf? No, WAY too heavy handed. I personally don't think any nerf was needed as it was an exotic weapon that cost a feat and it's boss-DPS was kinda terrible.

But I'm seriously concerned about this. Running this raid 30-90 times for a arguably OP effect to have it nerfed later just isn't right.
    All weapons that were giving neg lvls or procced insta kill got nerfed to being useles, terror/tharaak wraps and nightmare.

I'm not so sure it will be nerfed. How long have we had the eSoS?
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    It was already nerfed once.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

It's a nice effect, but doesn't seem OP to me.

If posters above are correct, it doesn't proc on bosses, mini-bosses or undead. That's a heck of a big chunk of the total mobs out there.

And it's not like you can control the proc. It will be wonderful when it procs on a full enemy redbar, but most of the time it's going to proc when enemies are already at reduced health, so the 50% reduction won't be near as helpful. Crippling Flames looks better to me personally since neg levels also reduce mob's stats, saves and health instead of just health. Although I haven't ran the raids enough to craft a weapon with either effect.

Yeah EE mobs have tons of HP but still...doesn't seem OP to me.
    Last edited by axel15810; 04-02-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Well esos once had x4 crit multiplier.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycurgus View Post
    Making arcane caster sticks sure feels like playing Russian roulette.
    Let me expand on this. The poster I have quoted is my husband, who runs a Completionist 3xarcane 3x divine PL Shiradi Wiz. He did his lives the old fashioned way, not with boxes.

He's afraid to make caster sticks because he doesn't want to put the effort into doing something that will be nerfed into oblivion.

Now, I like my husband, and I like playing with him on his uberwizzy. And if he makes some tier 3/4 caster sticks and his build gets nerfed (for the third time, even), he will likely quit the game.

That will make me very sad, so please do not nerf. Do not nerf sticks, do not nerf Shiradi, do not nerf period. I will be a very lonely Halfling without my Warforged pal.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

It was already nerfed once.
    Wasnt it nerfed twice? Think crit multiplfier and some base damage.

OH about mortal fear, im confident they will nerf it..
    Because you know.. Turbines way to do things.
    It doesnt require a nerf, more like end game and ee requries a rebalancing so that we arent forced to make weapons like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Nerfed crit multiplier, but added base damage.

It doesnt require a nerf, more like end game and ee requries a rebalancing so that we arent forced to make weapons like that.
    This.

It has the potential to turn into the new WoP where non crit focused builds will use it. Builds with higher attack rate which rely more on effects and hits per time unit will benefit most.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

In addition to the actual drop in the base damage that it does, the change to W in general was a nerf to the weapon. Doing 5d6 base damage and having +W effects like Deadly Weapons, special attacks, etc was a big deal. It's much less of a big deal now that eSoS is (2.5)*2d6 where only another 2d6 gets added by Deadly Weapons, etc.

So that's 3 nerfs so far for eSoS.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Give me a deconstruction option to get my ingredients back.

This way when something doesn't WAI due to some BS about text misrepresenting actual implementation or when you nerf screw an item over I can then at least rebuild it into something else.

There is not much more annoying than grinding out a specific item for a specific documented effect then having it screwed over after you build it.

Such as the current BS about spell DC tiers not stacking when they were stated that they would stack, at least here I hadn't had enough to actually craft and upgrade my weapons.. even though I crafted 2 weapons with full intention of crafting these items. and only found out that they were not going to stack by reading it here in the forums.. some poor non-forum bastard is going to get screwed when they craft their items based on in-game descriptions.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 04-03-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast