Community Member

Default Feat and Enhancement Icons - Please Fix!

I don't know how you guys managed to screw this up a few updates ago, but it has been established since Day 1 or so that SQUARE icons are things you drag to toolbars - ACTIVE abilities. OCTAGONAL icons are things that you DO NOT drag to toolbars - PASSIVE abilities.

But somewhere along the way, it seems someone decided they just didnt' give a hoot and started giving passive abilities SQUARE icons. Frankly, it was a stupid thing to do. It was a nice, simple system that you messed up. Please go through on one of the next updates and make sure all of the PASSIVE abilities have OCTAGONAL icons, and only the ACTIVE abilities have SQUARE icons.

Thanks.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Know what else is a nice system? Using italics for emphasis instead of ALL CAPS.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Know what else is a nice system? Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post
    I don't know how you guys managed to screw this up a few updates ago, but it has been established since Day 1 or so that SQUARE icons are things you drag to toolbars - ACTIVE abilities. OCTAGONAL icons are things that you DO NOT drag to toolbars - PASSIVE abilities.

But somewhere along the way, it seems someone decided they just didnt' give a hoot and started giving passive abilities SQUARE icons. Frankly, it was a stupid thing to do. It was a nice, simple system that you messed up. Please go through on one of the next updates and make sure all of the PASSIVE abilities have OCTAGONAL icons, and only the ACTIVE abilities have SQUARE icons.

Thanks.
    Which passives are square?

Which actives are octagonal?

Don't expect Turbine to know these things - potentially (likely?) whomever made the design faux pas will not be the one doing the fixing...

Also, I haven't noticed any...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Which passives are square?

Which actives are octagonal?

Don't expect Turbine to know these things - potentially (likely?) whomever made the design faux pas will not be the one doing the fixing...

Also, I haven't noticed any...
    Just a few I noticed when looking at my feats list

Epic Past Lives-Primal uses the icon for Mass Frog which is square. It's just a category icon and if anything should be octagonal
    Bladeforged qualities should be octagonal, but are square.
    Fatesinger Harmonic Resonance is an octagonal inside a square for an activated ability. Should be a square.
    Fey Power, Fey Visions and Sixth Sense in Shiradi all have boxes around octagonal passive abilities.

I'm sure there are more. It's not a huge issue and isn't gamebreaking, but it is a bit sloppy.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen