Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nolifer1 View Post
    did u change scroll ench from eldrich knight tree? we finally figured out, eldric knight scroll mastery does nothing to your scroll, but add 75% more damage to allyour spell sla-s , and getting fixed supossdly with next patch, at least in lama u21 patch 1 nothes
    my sorc is just fine did 21k + crits with my new scroll mastery ench ! just with helpless, if ui add sence weaknes they ho 30% higer damage
    That is so incorrect and false info that i dont get why this thread was made in the first place.
    I give this 1/100 on troll attempt

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    That is so incorrect and false info that i dont get why this thread was made in the first place.
    Yea I just tested with spells and slas and I didn't get any increased damage at all, maybe its only sorc line? Or maybe its restricted to something certain in Draconic destiny.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Community Member

Um. Guess what? I just tested this, and the OP is 100% correct. Wand and scroll mastery in the eldritch tree is magnifying spell damage -at least for energy burst. And on an enormous scale.

Kudos to you OP for sticking to your guns. I, like many others, thought you were crazy.

So let's see, wand and scroll mastery does not provide any boost to wands and scrolls. Does not benefit players. Turbine puts it on the ignore forever list, just like its broken brother Icy Prison.

Oh wait. Wand and scroll mastery is bugged and benefits players. Move that puppy to the top of the list naow!!1!!1!!. Fix it in the very next patch! And by fix, we mean take away the bit that benefits players but leave it otherwise broken.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Um. Guess what? I just tested this, and the OP is 100% correct. Wand and scroll mastery in the eldritch tree is magnifying spell damage -at least for energy burst. And on an enormous scale.

Kudos to you OP for sticking to your guns. I, like many others, thought you were crazy.

So let's see, wand and scroll mastery does not provide any boost to wands and scrolls. Does not benefit players. Turbine puts it on the ignore forever list, just like its broken brother Icy Prison.

Oh wait. Wand and scroll mastery is bugged and benefits players. Move that puppy to the top of the list naow!!1!!1!!. Fix it in the very next patch! And by fix, we mean take away the bit that benefits players but leave it otherwise broken.
    Do you happen to be a sorc? Wasn't working for my wizard splash build.
    Teth - Revenants

Trying to cover up?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Yes. Water savant.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    It is definitely only something that would affect sorcerers.

There was a long standing bug that sorcerer wand and scroll mastery didn't work. It had no effect on scrolls, so most sorcerers (myself included) dropped it until it could be fixed. All other sources of wand and scroll mastery, including wizard's in the same Eldritch Knight tree, did work.

Now it turns out that there is a bug with it and it has the effect nolifer1 describes. But most people had no idea, since there's no reason to think it should have such an effect, and it's really easy to test a Heal scroll and see that it doesn't do what it describes -- so we all dropped the enhancement and never thought about it again.

And, OP -- I agree with Katie_Seaglen. I owe you an apology. I thought you were crazy, but you found a real issue and the explanation -- awesome job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    It is definitely only something that would affect sorcerers.

There was a long standing bug that sorcerer wand and scroll mastery didn't work. It had no effect on scrolls, so most sorcerers (myself included) dropped it until it could be fixed. All other sources of wand and scroll mastery, including wizard's in the same Eldritch Knight tree, did work.

Now it turns out that there is a bug with it and it has the effect nolifer1 describes. But most people had no idea, since there's no reason to think it should have such an effect, and it's really easy to test a Heal scroll and see that it doesn't do what it describes -- so we all dropped the enhancement and never thought about it again.

And, OP -- I agree with Katie_Seaglen. I owe you an apology. I thought you were crazy, but you found a real issue and the explanation -- awesome job.
    im actually play this game like crazy, meybe thats why i knotice things that 99% people not;p but even i did not figure it out,it was my friend who tell me about this yesterday
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Trying to cover up?
    Nope, not covering up, doesnt work on sorc slas.
    But seems its working on energy burst /:

Have to test further.
    Seems like it has no effect on regular bursts but only on crits.
    What the hell is wrong with this game

After testing a bit more, yea it seems its like the old energy critical bug that people abused.

Now do i go against my ethics to use this or no? sigh
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 04-04-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Community Member

im actually play this game like crazy, meybe thats why i knotice things that 99% people not;p but even i did not figure it out,it was my friend who tell me about this yesterday
    Oh I noticed this too, but never could figure it out. Amazing work to figure that out.

If someone multi-classes and takes wand and scroll enhancements, does it stack? In other words is this a sorc thing or just something related to that enh tree?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Nope, not covering up, doesnt work on sorc slas.
    But seems its working on energy burst /:

Have to test further.
    Seems like it has no effect on regular bursts but only on crits.
    What the hell is wrong with this game

After testing a bit more, yea it seems its like the old energy critical bug that people abused.

Now do i go against my ethics to use this or no? sigh
    all spell included slas, my lighting blots sla crits over 3k now;P and energy burst base went 4 ishk to 6 ish k, and there is your 75% more damage, even my cocoon thats twisted in does 75% more damage
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

all spell included slas, my lighting blots sla crits over 3k now;P and energy burst base went 4 ishk to 6 ish k, and there is your 75% more damage, even my cocoon thats twisted in does 75% more damage
    Haha, this is so hilariously broken. This game, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Guess now it is time to tr to sorc.

hi

Community Member

Kokaisa, my dear, dear friend.

You went full ret ard.
    Shammrock
    Roshammbo
    Many, many mules...

Quote Originally Posted by kazeikan View Post
    Kokaisa, my dear, dear friend.

You went full ret ard.
    so that is fair that people posting achivment speed records that will be never beaten, NEVER, whats the point is entrire speedrecord achivment tread , its show nothing about player skill. its all about who know more bugs that makes u better then others... and that is lame!
    Last edited by nolifer1; 04-04-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

so that is fair that people posting achivment speed records that will be never beaten, NEVER, whats the point is entrire speedrecord achivment tread , its show nothing about player skill. its all about who know more bugs that makes u better then others... and that is lame!
    To be honest, there wasn't much point to begin with. DDO is WAY too messed up for there to be a controlled bug-free contest. It is pretty much just a matter of degree at this point.

Community Member

All of the sorc speed runs I saw can be beaten. Especially when crusader comes out for some awesome twists.
    Teth - Revenants

Always has been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    This is what will happen.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast