Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tkneip1874 View Post
    Here are my thoughts on how I am planning on gearing my arti. Before I do keep in mind a few things about my play style.

1 - I am not a huge EE fan.
    2 - If I start running EE more often it will probably be with my BF FVS/Pal because I have better gear and am more used to playstyle.
    3 - As of right now I am still using SLA whiWch means electric is important.

With that in mind I am looking at Sages locket for DC.
    Holy symbol of Lloth for 102 Impulse, Lucid Dreams with Kinetic V crafted for 15% crit
    Slotted 138 electric on Needle, Bracers of Wind for Lore.
    The Sage's Locket is super easy to get. Just run Friends in Low Places on whatever difficulty, complete, and choose it from the end reward list.

Lucid Dreams is always going to do less damage than Archaic Device.

Community Member

No love for Legendary Dreadnought?

You get a much higher uptime on endless fusillade and it is fairly easy to start blitz with energy burst and a fully charged runearm. Blitz doesn't require the kills to come from weapon damage, if you last hit 2 mobs with energy burst or the runearm you get 2 stacks.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

You can hear me moan and groan daily about having a Arti ED... yea yea shiradi.. But c'mon now. Lets get one with some Spell,XBOW specific, and A little trapping involved... i trap just fine on EE. But thats dedicating alot of my equipment to it.. when I could have been using them slots for lack of XBOW damage... Getting 110-190 bolt buffed with Tier 1 Thunderforged isnt exactly the best and im still new so havent gotten around to getting needle slinger yet. Ive been using lucid dreams but from reading this ima try out My Archaic device. seems like thats a fan favorite..

Im a dedicated arti fanboi tho. Im on my 3rd art life.. and from first life to now its night and day as far as damage but I still dont compare to ....well any other class on damage.. WERE MORE THEN DEADLY BUFFERS!!!!!!!

;P
    Nefatron - Nefron - Nefrous - Ya Know What... Just Call Me NEF ~ Ghalland ~

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure mine fires 5 shots per blast, although I have seen only 4 sometimes. I'm now going to have to look into this! If only 4, it would throw all my damage calculations off.
    Yea I miss read the wiki. It does fire 5 shots.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Human Caster/Intim/Tank Druid (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XVI - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Enlightend Spirit Warlock Tank (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR VII - Primal, x2, Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x3)
    RueMeridian - Gnome Artificer (TR I - Arti x1 - EtR II - Primal x1, Div x1)

I was thinking...what about fire specked, as one of the options, through the Sage's Spectacles. It buffs most artie spells, some rather ineffective rune arms and, more importantly, the new ruby augment crystals (well, the fire ones anyways), and just maybe the Thunderholme effects, too.

It may not work on arties, but it is something I'm going to try on my twf who uses to Thunderholme fire khopesh + ruby eye of fire or whatever it's called.
    Not really worth it on artis, as one of the main reasons for spell power is to boost rune arm DPS. Since there is no high end fire rune arms, it would be a waste.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Human Caster/Intim/Tank Druid (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XVI - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Enlightend Spirit Warlock Tank (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR VII - Primal, x2, Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x3)

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

I was thinking...what about fire specked, as one of the options, through the Sage's Spectacles. It buffs most artie spells, some rather ineffective rune arms and, more importantly, the new ruby augment crystals (well, the fire ones anyways), and just maybe the Thunderholme effects, too.

It may not work on arties, but it is something I'm going to try on my twf who uses to Thunderholme fire khopesh + ruby eye of fire or whatever it's called.
    I really like this suggestion and I can't believe I missed the Sage's Spectacles. This option would provide the strongest energy burst. I've been trying to put together a full gear set with these in mind but I'm having a hard time making it work. Goggles seem to be more difficult to replace.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Yes but he is specifically using it for the crafting that he can put on it, which I think is a senseable solution in certain cases.

I see the lack of crafting that can be added to high end rune arms, another thing that drops the arti. All heroic rune arms can be crafted and then suddenly they cannot. And generally artis are suppose to be the best crafters, a sad loss really.
    Last edited by Panzermeyer; 04-07-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Spelling

Main
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    I really like this suggestion and I can't believe I missed the Sage's Spectacles. This option would provide the strongest energy burst. I've been trying to put together a full gear set with these in mind but I'm having a hard time making it work. Goggles seem to be more difficult to replace.
    Yea wouldn't work for me.

My arti got a pair of goggles from end reward that is Int +10 Wiz IX for the +250 spell points. Kind of hard to beat for the goggles.

Main
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Not really worth it on artis, as one of the main reasons for spell power is to boost rune arm DPS. Since there is no high end fire rune arms, it would be a waste.
    You could just go force/fire and use Archaic Device. It seems clear that the acid rune arms use a higher percentage of spell power than the force, but it's not known how much. I'm actually curious if the force rune arms would win out with a slightly higher spell power and crit chance.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

I see the lack of crafting that can be added to high end rune arms, another thing that drops the arti. All heroic rune arms can be crafted and then suddenly they cannot. And generally artis are suppose to be the best crafters, a sad lose really.
    Agreed.

Yea wouldn't work for me.

My arti got a pair of goggles from end reward that is Int +10 Wiz IX for the +250 spell points. Kind of hard to beat for the goggles.
    I'll be using the EE Gloves of the Master Illusionist for 11 int and get wizardry X from the planar erudition set. I had planned on using Intricate Field Optics, so losing those means one less slot and having to slot spot elsewhere, so it's not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    No love for Legendary Dreadnought?

You get a much higher uptime on endless fusillade and it is fairly easy to start blitz with energy burst and a fully charged runearm. Blitz doesn't require the kills to come from weapon damage, if you last hit 2 mobs with energy burst or the runearm you get 2 stacks.
    How do you charge blitz on a pure ranged arti? If you're talking about a melee arti, I'm not sure pure is optimal.

You could just go force/fire and use Archaic Device. It seems clear that the acid rune arms use a higher percentage of spell power than the force, but it's not known how much. I'm actually curious if the force rune arms would win out with a slightly higher spell power and crit chance.
    Oh it might, since there is not much resistant to force.

The problem is that pretty much other than caster sticks there really isn't anything out there, other than those bracers from Wheloon that boost Force crit chance. And with body inventory space at a premium I am not sure slotting one item with only one benefit in any slot (Since SP is useless on an Arti) would be worth it.

Main
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

The problem is that pretty much other than caster sticks there really isn't anything out there, other than those bracers from Wheloon that boost Force crit chance. And with body inventory space at a premium I am not sure slotting one item with only one benefit in any slot (Since SP is useless on an Arti) would be worth it.
    To some extent I agree, but this seems to be the situation artis are facing. There are very limited gear options for artis to really reach their full potential. Bracers I don't think is a very competitive slot, though. There's exceptional seeker 5 on the bracers from the High Road and then convalescent for fleshies (which isn't an issue for me as a WF). The new bracers aren't anything spectacular imo. I might be missing something but I can't think of anything else that really competes for that slot on an arti.

The largest portion of my damage comes from a combination of energy burst, blade barrier, and the rune arm, so I'm looking primarily at how to maximize those. Blade barrier uses force, the rune arm can be either force or acid, and energy burst can be fire, ice, electric, or acid. Given that blade barrier is force only, I'm pretty much committed to boosting force regardless of what the rune arm and energy burst use. 20% crit chance is pretty significant and is a decent improvement over the 9% from spell lore on the Bluescale armor. It doesn't really matter to me which types I use for the rune arm and energy burst. I'm mainly looking for the combination which will do the most damage overall without gimping DCs (preferably) or ranged dps.

To some extent I agree, but this seems to be the situation artis are facing. There are very limited gear options for artis to really reach their full potential. Bracers I don't think is a very competitive slot, though. There's exceptional seeker 5 on the bracers from the High Road and then convalescent for fleshies (which isn't an issue for me as a WF). The new bracers aren't anything spectacular imo. I might be missing something but I can't think of anything else that really competes for that slot on an arti.

The largest portion of my damage comes from a combination of energy burst, blade barrier, and the rune arm, so I'm looking primarily at how to maximize those. Blade barrier uses force, the rune arm can be either force or acid, and energy burst can be fire, ice, electric, or acid. Given that blade barrier is force only, I'm pretty much committed to boosting force regardless of what the rune arm and energy burst use. 20% crit chance is pretty significant and is a decent improvement over the 9% from spell lore on the Bluescale armor. It doesn't really matter to me which types I use for the rune arm and energy burst. I'm mainly looking for the combination which will do the most damage overall without gimping DCs (preferably) or ranged dps.
    Yea that makes sense to me.

Main
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Default Sad....

The sad thing about this thread is that as much as I love Artis, I just am having difficulty playing them. They are just so under optimized.

I am looking forward to ETRing my Arti and then I will probably keep her at 21 for a long time to be an Epic Challenege runner. And run the lower level stuff when the lack of gear is not such a big issue.

Very sad about that as Artis where my favorite class. Just lacks teeth now.

And I suppose will only get worse when they lift the cap up to 30.

Main
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Community Member

It is painful, but there is one option you might consider. Cannith crafting flexible kinetic lore can go on Heavy Armor, Medium Armor, Light Armor, Clothing, Docent, Ring, Trinket, Necklace, Main Hand Weapon, Off Hand Weapon/Shield.

If you start with a blank that has both a yellow slot and a colorless slot, then you can work four different benefits into the item.

The sad thing about this thread is that as much as I love Artis, I just am having difficulty playing them. They are just so under optimized.

I am looking forward to ETRing my Arti and then I will probably keep her at 21 for a long time to be an Epic Challenege runner. And run the lower level stuff when the lack of gear is not such a big issue.

Very sad about that as Artis where my favorite class. Just lacks teeth now.

And I suppose will only get worse when they lift the cap up to 30.
    Your comments earlier in the thread convinced me to start playing my druid again. I've been having fun with it and I can see the versatile nuker playstyle you were talking about. But I'm not giving up on Dubbell yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tkneip1874 View Post
    Here are my thoughts on how I am planning on gearing my arti. Before I do keep in mind a few things about my play style.

1 - I am not a huge EE fan.
    2 - If I start running EE more often it will probably be with my BF FVS/Pal because I have better gear and am more used to playstyle.
    3 - As of right now I am still using SLA whiWch means electric is important.

With that in mind I am looking at Sages locket for DC.
    Holy symbol of Lloth for 102 Impulse, Lucid Dreams with Kinetic V crafted for 15% crit
    Slotted 138 electric on Needle, Bracers of Wind for Lore.
    You will do just fine with this setup on EH. It could be more optimized by using some of the suggestions in this thread, but you don't need to be optimal for EH.

I would second Singular's suggestion to find somewhere else to slot kinetic lore and use Archaic Device instead. It seems to use a higher percentage of spell power than Lucid Dreams.

The Sage's Locket is super easy to get. Just run Friends in Low Places on whatever difficulty, complete, and choose it from the end reward list.

I'm confused. Why does Lucid dreams always do less damage. I looked both on the wiki and in game and both state the same damage, same max charge and same imbue. Yes I would rather use Archaic Device but mainly because of -2 will save and -5% mana.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast