Default Eternal Chilling Darkness does not WAI?

Eternal Chilling Darkness does not trigger off of damage from Death Aura or Negative Energy Burst. This includes damage to surrounding enemies, not just the self-healing effect on a PM in undead form. Also, it doesn't trigger off of these spells even if I drop undead form and I'm not receiving any healing from it.

It does, however, proc off of wail of the banshee, ennervation, and energy drain, assuming they pass spell resistance checks.

At this point, I'm mostly confused. It's working on the opposite kinds of spells I thought it would.
    Last edited by Portalcat; 03-30-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Community Member

It's probably tied to wether or not something can Shiradi proc. If a spell Shiradi proc could kill a player, then offensive procs on that spell are or will be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    It's probably tied to wether or not something can Shiradi proc. If a spell Shiradi proc could kill a player, then offensive procs on that spell are or will be disabled.
    This would make a lot of sense, and explains the behavior.

It's a bit disappointing not to get the sp proc automatically off my aura every 45s, but as long as every other necromancy spell I'm casting is giving me the proc, including a bunch that don't do damage, it's nearly the same effect.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe