Community Member

Default stuck on installing pre-reqs.

My browser is stuck on installing pre-reqs. Last time I kept the browser open for 12 hours and nothing happened should I keep it open for 24 hours or more. Is there an easy fix for this? I haven't played for almost a year because of this problem. Should I set my computer back to a different time to fix this problem. Any help would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel55 View Post
    My browser is stuck on installing pre-reqs. Last time I kept the browser open for 12 hours and nothing happened should I keep it open for 24 hours or more. Is there an easy fix for this? I haven't played for almost a year because of this problem. Should I set my computer back to a different time to fix this problem. Any help would be helpful.
    Sounds like a firewall problem to me

Not a firewall issue for me. Even with Windows Firewall off, i'm stuck at the Installing Pre-Reqs screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Everything was fine til the update, now I'm also stuck on installing pre-reqs.

The launcher eventually gets to the world status page, with all worlds listed as being down. Eventually, it tries Getting in Line to Connect, but that fails too.

tracert says no response from host after the border hop.

launcher log says:

2014.04.08 10:19:29[W] Object::connect: No such signal QCheckBox::returnPressed()
    2014.04.08 10:19:29[W] Object::connect: (sender name: 'checkEnterLastPlayed')
    2014.04.08 10:19:29[W] Object::connect: (receiver name: 'loginButton')
    2014.04.08 10:19:29[W] Data Center URL: QUrl( "http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx" )

2014.04.08 10:19:31[C] DownloadFlow::AdmitFailure > "Missing required configuration value for [URL.AkamaiDownloadURL]!"
    2014.04.08 10:19:31[C] Patcher::OnDownloadFailure> "Missing required configuration value for [URL.AkamaiDownloadURL]!"
    2014.04.08 10:20:42[W] Object::disconnect: No such signal Config:nWorldStatusIsUpToDate( void )
    2014.04.08 10:20:43[W] GameClientStarter::OnLoginAccountRequestDone - User Name: "xxxxxx"

2014.04.08 10:20:43[W] GameClientStarter::OnLoginAccountRequestDone - Game Name: "DDO"

2014.04.08 10:20:43[W] Config::FetchWorldStatus - World Status URL: QUrl( "http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx" )

2014.04.08 10:21:47[W] GameClientStarter::OnNumberTaken - ERROR taking a number in the queue! error: 99 , errorStr: "Connection timed out"

2014.04.08 10:21:47[C]

2014.04.08 10:21:47[C] GameClientStart::AdmitFailure - strError: "Error taking a number in the queue!

Connection timed out"

2014.04.08 10:22:08[W] Patcher::OnClientLaunched - Failed to launch client!
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

The last time this happened to me, i updated the firefox browser and it helped.

Smile

Somehow my Norton Anti-virus got corrupt, uninstalled, using something else and now DDO works.

As it turns out, my ISP did some network maintenance overnight. I called, gave them my tracert, they did some magic and all is now fine.

Community Member

Default Fixed using system restore

I had to use Windows System restore to the last restore point and then reinstall the patch to fix this issue, hope that can help.