Default Lets be honest about the hire's AI

After playing this game for several years, it seems that the hires have slowly gotten worse. I think we can all agree that Clerics and Favored Souls are the most used hires in the game. However, working on the AI is the wrong approach I feel. What I think we really need are settings for the hires. I would love to be able to tell a healing type of hire not to cast offensive spells and only worry about healing the party. How nice it would be to have a setting that would limit how far away a hire can leave my side, and prevent the hire from starting something on it’s own, this might seem a little worthless but I might want a healing hire to stay real close and rouge hire to go a little further out to do traps on it’s own. Bottom line, without settings we can not include hires in a party’s plan of attack with just an AI no matter how much the AI is worked on.

Wait, are you telling me that hirelings have A.I. in this game? Since when?

/sarcasm

Good idea, makes sense, and would make hirelings slightly more useful.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2016 Never settle for the lesser evil...

i thought the AI was set to play just the same way the devs play. explains allot dontit

I could see a drop-down menu with sliders for that kind of stuff...

Then again, the hires already don't reliably follow the really simple commands that currently exist most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Therrias View Post
    I could see a drop-down menu with sliders for that kind of stuff...

Then again, the hires already don't reliably follow the really simple commands that currently exist most of the time.
    Exactly, I had a healing hire I told to stay put and in defensive mode just wanting him to heal me, and what happened he was constantly running into the middle of the fight and using all his sp on offensive spells.

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

I would like to add my voice in towards seeing the AI fixed up for hires. One of the big options I would love to see put in is 'Do not heal charmed enemies' option. It was a handy adjustment they put in for other hirelings, and your own summons and such, but it makes charm CC kinda annoying when they start healing them and wasting SP on creatures that you just want to kill each other.
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    I would like to add my voice in towards seeing the AI fixed up for hires. One of the big options I would love to see put in is 'Do not heal charmed enemies' option. It was a handy adjustment they put in for other hirelings, and your own summons and such, but it makes charm CC kinda annoying when they start healing them and wasting SP on creatures that you just want to kill each other.
    Oh so true, that is the biggest downfall with the great sword Insanity.