Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default first degree burns dual wield testing

I had not seen a post on it yet, so I made a second one to see if I could apply the stack faster.

Best I can tell it does not stack any faster than once per 2 seconds. Also, additions people with 1st degree burns still only create one stack at the same rate.

Anyone seen anything else?
    /sigh

Community Member

Default hmm

i guess that means 2 cleric or fvs is still a really good splash for a multistriking melee.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

And here i sit, initially thinking the OP had tested some dual-wield effect so hardcore that he klicked himself 2nd Degree burns on his mousefingers or somesuch .....

Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

If you're making two thunder-forged weapons, the best thing to do is put 1st Degree Burns on the main-hand and Touch of Flames on the off-hand.
    (Combat): ********** was healed by you for 5,033 points.

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    I had not seen a post on it yet, so I made a second one to see if I could apply the stack faster.

Best I can tell it does not stack any faster than once per 2 seconds. Also, additions people with 1st degree burns still only create one stack at the same rate.

I figured only one would proc in a TWF setup. I had hoped multiple people with the effect could stack it faster. This is making me rethink taking the tier1 for a higher DPS proc instead.

It looks like mortal fear is the go-to Tier3 ability, followed by Draconic Reinvigoration in a TWF setup. I am wondering if 3rd degree Burns for tier3 might be better vs bosses (1-5 vulnerable on vorpal)
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

yep that's exactly what (once per 2 seconds) means that is the max stack speed no matter 2HF 2WF Manyshot or a whole party of 1st degree burns

Have you tested if Frostbite from Frostbite Blade stacks with it?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Default 2 peopole seems to get the count up quicker

When in the demonweb with my sister we tested and it seemed that when we both attacked with our teir-1s with 1st degree burns the count went up very quickly.

I was disappointing to learn, however, that the stack of vulnerable only applies to FIRE damage. Wish the description were clear on that.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

They wont stack, you will have only 1, also doesnt stack with aa imbue debilitating arrows, which is supposed to be different but is bugged( or wai when turbine decides to call it).

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    yep that's exactly what (once per 2 seconds) means that is the max stack speed no matter 2HF 2WF Manyshot or a whole party of 1st degree burns
    lol... you say that like you think everything in this game follows the description.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    When in the demonweb with my sister we tested and it seemed that when we both attacked with our teir-1s with 1st degree burns the count went up very quickly.

I was disappointing to learn, however, that the stack of vulnerable only applies to FIRE damage. Wish the description were clear on that.
    I call it weird that both 1st Degree Burns, Frostbite and Improved Elemental Arrows: Shock all give vulnerable for fire damage.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

lol... you say that like you think everything in this game follows the description.
    no everything does not but, the effects that has X seconds between uses stacks etc.. do tend to follow their descriptions

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Maybe because it doesn't? As far as I can tell it is increasing all damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Maybe because it doesn't? As far as I can tell it is increasing all damage.
    I am not sold on this Idea.

I crafted up a Tier 1
    1st Degree Burns: On Hit: Applies a stack of Vulnerable (1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.) This effect may only occur on-hit once every two seconds. Also 5 to 30 Fire Damage.

Seams I would notice a 20% increase in my base damage numbers but, I don't see any change after 20 stacks are applied. What I do see is the fire damage numbers become purple meaning the mob is vulnerable to fire.

I suspect 1st Degree burns only effects fire damage

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Seams I would notice a 20% increase in my base damage numbers but, I don't see any change after 20 stacks are applied. What I do see is the fire damage numbers become purple meaning the mob is vulnerable to fire.
    After you have the stacks built up switch to a weapon that does some other type of elemental/alignment damage. When I switched to my triple positive maul all the holy/good damage was purple. So at the very least I would say it probably applies to all non-physical damage. (Which makes it handy to use when you run with casters) I don't really have the time to do an good test of if/how it affects base damage right now though.

Community Member

I suspect 1st Degree burns only effects fire damage
    So I had to go do a super scientific study on this. Basically I wacked on training dummy and took pics of damage at low stacks of 1st degree, and at 20 stacks. It is obviously effecting the elemental damage but also it is effecting the base damage. See in the picture it adds 30-40 damage on the base damage too. As you can see it does not seem to effect the Sense Weakness damage.

http://imgur.com/jVGd1Wx
    Last edited by Jasongnc2; 03-30-2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: fixed pic link

Quote Originally Posted by Jasongnc2 View Post
    So I had to go do a super scientific study on this. Basically I wacked on training dummy and took pics of damage at low stacks of 1st degree, and at 20 stacks. It is obviously effecting the elemental damage but also it is effecting the base damage. See in the picture it adds 30-40 damage on the base damage too. As you can see it does not seem to effect the Sense Weakness damage.
    ]
    I can't get the dummy past 3 or 4 stacks without killing it.

I'll have to give a go on the Giant in Line of Supply maybe

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I can't get the dummy past 3 or 4 stacks without killing it.

I'll have to give a go on the Giant in Line of Supply maybe
    Stacks on the dummy actually stay when it pops back up. Just wait and keep beating it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Stacks on the dummy actually stay when it pops back up. Just wait and keep beating it down.
    Not if you can't get enough stacks to stay on it while its down.

using a Heavy Repeater the stack delay and the stack expiration are a PITA, Only the first bolt applies a stack but, all 3 or more bolts damage the dummy then there is a cooldown before appling another stack but, only a 1 second window of time before the first stack expires. It is much easier to stack up a Monster with 200,000 HP than the Dummy that I knock down in 3 of 4 shots.

Also I am not sure why but, once you knock the dummy down it takes increased damage when it gets back up already.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 03-31-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Wow, that sucks. I, like the OP, made 2 weapons for my twf, thinking that each weapon would generate its own stack. I guess if they don't, it's best to go with what they other poster said above - touch of flames instead on the offhand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast