"The spirit of PnP D&D is the desired goal of Agents of STORM. We choose to limit ourselves in this gamespace called DDO, in an attempt to recapture the imagination, adventure, challenge and comraderie that made playing PnP D&D so much fun. The gloomy Darkness of Shadowfell spills out onto the streets and lands of Stormreach, clutching at the hearts of all good people. Look to the horizon citizens. An approaching STORM will soon wash over the city, cleansing it of evil. And when we pass, the dawn of a new day will shine out all the brighter." - Zefjoe
Classes and Races:
- Allowed races: All, except Warforged and Iconic.
- Allowed classes: All, except Artificer, Druid, Monk and favored soul.
- Multiclassing is allowed, but with no more than Two levels difference between classes. (Max 11/9 split)
-Gear: defined as all items.
- No gear may be bought at vendors, pawn shops or AH.
- No gear may come in from the DDO store.
- No gear may come in from characters outside the group.
- No "admin" or "heirloom" items.
- Collectin bags (example gem, ingredient, etc.) may be aquired from quest givers or vendors, but cannot be purchased through the DDO store.
- Total number of gear/items equipped (on person) and carried (in swap pack) = ML total.
Level 1-5; ML = level x2
Level 6-10; ML = level x3
Level 11-15; ML = level x4
Level 16-20; ML = level x5
-The following are exceptions to the ML requirement:
- Starter Items (listed as "Starter" on the item) are ML0
- Scrolls have ML0 (limited to 5 (different) Stacks of 5 brought into a quest.)
- Potions have ML0 (limited to 5 (different) Stacks of 16 brought into a quest.)
- Wands have ML0 (limited to 5 Wands)
- If an item has only one ability and that one ability is spot, search or disable, then that Item does not count against the ML.
- If an item has no ML listed, it counts as ML0.
-Weapon sets equipped and carried in pack:
- Whatever seems appropriate and fits the role play of your character.
SOME SUGGESTIONS -
- 2 main weapons
- 2 secondary weapons [light at most]
- 1 shield carried
- other shield [stowed]
- 1 bow [xbow]
- 1 quiver [wide or narrow]
- Each player only gets to carry into a quest:
- Large gear:
- ONE piece of armor, outfit or robe.
- ONE headwear
- ONE bracer
- ONE cloak
- ONE footwear
- ONE Quiver
- ONE Belt
- Small gear:
- Three Ring
- TWO Glove
- TWO Necklace
- TWO Trinket
- TWO Eywear
- The FIRST pack tab is the ONLY tab accessible while in a quest or wildness area. This pack is the swap pack. You can only store gear that you wish to swap with your equipped slots in this first pack tab. (example wearing(equipped) two rings and a third ring in the swap pack). Remember, this gear counts against ML.
- The others pack tabs act as quick banks or pack mule or porter or whatever you wish to "role play" [NOTE this means acquired items in quest can be PUT INTO other tabs to carry, just not ACCESSIBLE.]
- Reagents are an exception and may be carried in any tab.
- Collection bags (example gem, ingredient, etc.) are an exception and may be carried in any tab.
- If a character is lucky enough to acquire a Portable Hole, that converted pack can be used as an additional swap pack.
Chests and Looting:
- When a chest is found a d6 is rolled. If the result is a 1 the chest may be looted by the group. Roll by round robin, starting with party leader at the first chest found.
- End Rewards can be taken for all quests.
- Any loot drops from breakables can be kept.
- A dead character unable to be raised.
- CHOICE 1
- Character releases.
- May explore wilderness areas, but cannot loot chest.
- No xp from quest.
- No loot from rest of quest.
- No end reward.
- No loss of gear.
- CHOICE 2
- Character rides in backpack of another group member and gets quest completion.
- Full XP from quest.
- No loot from rest of quest.
- Gets end reward.
- Must destroy highest ML item. (post it in party chat so that the group may see what it is, and then destroy it.)
Shrines: (character level)
Level 1-7 = no shrine use - Echoes of Power will keep you running.
Level 8-14 = 1 shrine use per quest for mana restoration only - caster needs to be nearly fully healed [no more than 10hp down] before use.
Level 15-20 = no shrine use - by this time a dedicated caster should have SLA's and/or the ability to restore some magic.
Odds and Ends:
- Finish and Recall OK
- Movement mode, as fits the situation
- Any enhancement choice