Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agents Of Storm

Community Member

Default Agents Of Storm

"The spirit of PnP D&D is the desired goal of Agents of STORM. We choose to limit ourselves in this gamespace called DDO, in an attempt to recapture the imagination, adventure, challenge and comraderie that made playing PnP D&D so much fun. The gloomy Darkness of Shadowfell spills out onto the streets and lands of Stormreach, clutching at the hearts of all good people. Look to the horizon citizens. An approaching STORM will soon wash over the city, cleansing it of evil. And when we pass, the dawn of a new day will shine out all the brighter." - Zefjoe

Agents Manifesto:

Classes and Races:
    - Allowed races: All, except Warforged and Iconic.
    - Allowed classes: All, except Artificer, Druid, Monk and favored soul.
    - Multiclassing is allowed, but with no more than Two levels difference between classes. (Max 11/9 split)

Gear rules:

-Gear: defined as all items.

- No gear may be bought at vendors, pawn shops or AH.
    - No gear may come in from the DDO store.
    - No gear may come in from characters outside the group.
    - No "admin" or "heirloom" items.
    - Collectin bags (example gem, ingredient, etc.) may be aquired from quest givers or vendors, but cannot be purchased through the DDO store.

- Total number of gear/items equipped (on person) and carried (in swap pack) = ML total.

Level 1-5; ML = level x2
    Level 6-10; ML = level x3
    Level 11-15; ML = level x4
    Level 16-20; ML = level x5

-The following are exceptions to the ML requirement:
    - Starter Items (listed as "Starter" on the item) are ML0
    - Scrolls have ML0 (limited to 5 (different) Stacks of 5 brought into a quest.)
    - Potions have ML0 (limited to 5 (different) Stacks of 16 brought into a quest.)
    - Wands have ML0 (limited to 5 Wands)
    - If an item has only one ability and that one ability is spot, search or disable, then that Item does not count against the ML.
    - If an item has no ML listed, it counts as ML0.

-Weapon sets equipped and carried in pack:
    - Whatever seems appropriate and fits the role play of your character.

SOME SUGGESTIONS -
    - 2 main weapons
    - 2 secondary weapons [light at most]
    - 1 shield carried
    - other shield [stowed]
    - 1 bow [xbow]
    - 1 quiver [wide or narrow]

- Each player only gets to carry into a quest:
    - Large gear:
    - ONE piece of armor, outfit or robe.
    - ONE headwear
    - ONE bracer
    - ONE cloak
    - ONE footwear
    - ONE Quiver
    - ONE Belt

- Small gear:
    - Three Ring
    - TWO Glove
    - TWO Necklace
    - TWO Trinket
    - TWO Eywear

- Backpack:
    - The FIRST pack tab is the ONLY tab accessible while in a quest or wildness area. This pack is the swap pack. You can only store gear that you wish to swap with your equipped slots in this first pack tab. (example wearing(equipped) two rings and a third ring in the swap pack). Remember, this gear counts against ML.
    - The others pack tabs act as quick banks or pack mule or porter or whatever you wish to "role play" [NOTE this means acquired items in quest can be PUT INTO other tabs to carry, just not ACCESSIBLE.]
    - Reagents are an exception and may be carried in any tab.
    - Collection bags (example gem, ingredient, etc.) are an exception and may be carried in any tab.
    - If a character is lucky enough to acquire a Portable Hole, that converted pack can be used as an additional swap pack.

Chests and Looting:
    - When a chest is found a d6 is rolled. If the result is a 1 the chest may be looted by the group. Roll by round robin, starting with party leader at the first chest found.
    - End Rewards can be taken for all quests.
    - Any loot drops from breakables can be kept.

Death Consequence:

- A dead character unable to be raised.

- CHOICE 1
    - Character releases.
    - May explore wilderness areas, but cannot loot chest.
    - No xp from quest.
    - No loot from rest of quest.
    - No end reward.
    - No loss of gear.

- CHOICE 2
    - Character rides in backpack of another group member and gets quest completion.
    - Full XP from quest.
    - No loot from rest of quest.
    - Gets end reward.
    - Must destroy highest ML item. (post it in party chat so that the group may see what it is, and then destroy it.)

Shrines: (character level)
    Level 1-7 = no shrine use - Echoes of Power will keep you running.
    Level 8-14 = 1 shrine use per quest for mana restoration only - caster needs to be nearly fully healed [no more than 10hp down] before use.
    Level 15-20 = no shrine use - by this time a dedicated caster should have SLA's and/or the ability to restore some magic.

Odds and Ends:
    - Finish and Recall OK
    - Movement mode, as fits the situation
    - Any enhancement choice

Community Member

Default Clarification of the rules

Clarification of the rules. Let me know if I missed anything (or if new votes are needed.)

Default not tonight - stuck at work

We discussed playing some AoS alts tonight but I am stuck at work till 10:30 PM. Maybe we can get together later this week.

Drowsword/Braxyn/Sherokee

Community Member

Default One 'fortress' does not make a kingdom

Captain Lucan d'Deneith started in on the plan for the group of adventures gathered around the table in front of him "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is..."
    Braxyn whispered something into Intyrrs' ear. "Sir, err, Captain?" Intyrr called out. "Yes? I am not finished." responded the Captain. Intyrr continued "My friend here seems to have an important question for you." "Ok then, lets have it." huffed the Captain. Intyrr asked the question "What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" "What do you mean? An African or European swall, oh come on?!" shouted the Captain as the adventure party, and a few guards broke out into full laughter.

(OOC)
    March 30, 2014
    Storm the Beaches
    Last edited by JBone99; 04-06-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Community Member

Default Last Man in Tower

"That was not why she was looking at me" Braxyn stated with a broad smile as he looked up to Lurch. "Ha-ha, I know, I know, I was just..." Lurch stopped talking when he noticed the smile on Braxyns face turned to a dropped jaw as he looked into the sky. Lurch looked up so see a skyship with a red halo docked at the top of the Sentinels Tower, and the sound of men fighting, coming from above. "This way" shouted Intyrr, "we are wanted by the Sentinel Marshal". As they stepped inside, Greigur d'Deneith called out "I trust you're ready for battle! The tower has been invaded, and I'm sending you in to counterattack!"

Braxyn gripped his staff as he and intyrr started incanting some protection spells. "All I wanted was a damn quiver." Lurch mumbled under his breath as he started forward.

(OOC)
    April 6, 2014
    The Tide Turns

Community Member

Default The Enemy of my Enemy...

"Well, do you know the area?" asked Lurch. "Yes, I know the island well. It is infested with ogres. Their stench is everywhere." replied Flowingriver. "So you will do it?" Lurch said with desperation in his eyes. Flowingriver looked at lurch and asked "Why is it so important for you to talk to a bunch of barbaric ogres? All they want is to kill and eat. Although, I will admit some tribes are peaceful, most are just savages." Lurched looked accross the room, behind Flowingriver, at the silver flame inquisitor looking at him. "I have my reasons" stated Lurch, nervously, "Can we do this or not?". "It is three days by boat" mumbled Flowingriver, "If it is what you want, then I will help.". "thank you." said lurch. "I will go on ahead and scout out the area, while you prepare the others." Flowingriver said sharply. "Meet me on Sorrowdusk Isle in four days."

(OOC)
    April 20, 2014
    Sorrowdusk Isle
    Last edited by JBone99; 04-15-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Default Red Tom still on "to do" list!

We gathered up the Alternates to assist Jaeme with her EXP and "catch-up" leveling.

She did not garner much in the way of EXP, with two fiery failures at Red Tom, but we managed Guard Duty to end the evening on a high note. Much laughter, interspersed with panic stricken howling graced the entire evening. This with three (count them!) THREE Clerics in party!

Deacon, you were missed! We really needed leadership! :-)

-Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    We gathered up the Alternates to assist Jaeme with her EXP and "catch-up" leveling.

She did not garner much in the way of EXP, with two fiery failures at Red Tom, but we managed Guard Duty to end the evening on a high note. Much laughter, interspersed with panic stricken howling graced the entire evening. This with three (count them!) THREE Clerics in party!

Deacon, you were missed! We really needed leadership! :-)

-Sam
    It was probably because we were running on Elite and Jaeme was over level. I bet the dungeon scaled the encounters accordingly. You guys on the front lines were getting hit pretty hard, and I didn't have quite the right spells prepared. *sigh* It's that damned learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryyn View Post
    It was probably because we were running on Elite and Jaeme was over level. I bet the dungeon scaled the encounters accordingly. You guys on the front lines were getting hit pretty hard, and I didn't have quite the right spells prepared. *sigh* It's that damned learning curve.
    I believe the main problem is that we HAD three clerics in the group, which meant low DPS, few AOE spells and less powerful range damage. Most of the time we were killed by mages (warlocks, shamans, etc) from range and couldn't take them out.

I want to try again later with the same or similar group. Let me know when you'll be on at night and we'll take that bugger out!

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    I believe the main problem is that we HAD three clerics in the group, which meant low DPS, few AOE spells and less powerful range damage. Most of the time we were killed by mages (warlocks, shamans, etc) from range and couldn't take them out.

I want to try again later with the same or similar group. Let me know when you'll be on at night and we'll take that bugger out!
    And Jaeme is pretty much spec'ed as a squishy healer, so not much in the way of offensive spells.

Hey guys, I might or might not be able to make it tonight. Right now (0900-ish MDT), we have almost 8 inches of s**w on the ground and on the roof, which is where my Internet antenna dish lives. Consequently, I have no Internet ATM. I am sending this post from my phone. :-/

Community Member

Default The Inner Sanctum

"So we need to kill the Prelate of the Six, then?" Lurch asked Hragg. "Yes, all of the cult must die." replied the heavily scarred ogre. "I feel there is a greater evil behind this." Hragg stated loudly. "There is always a greater evil behind things" replied Lurch. "There is always a greater evil behind things" repeated Sparrowvine. Lurch did not know if he was also stating the same or mocking him, but Lurch did not turn around to find out. "We have done much here already. I do agree that there is an imbalance here, but it is not for us to interfere with things." said Flowing River. "It is our place to destroy evil where ever it may be" Lurch shouted with conviction over his shoulder. Looking at Hragg, he stated "We will cleanse this evil so that your people may live in peace." Hragg nodded as Lurch turned to lead the way, only to see Sparrowvine 30 meters ahead already. "Humans" muttered Intyrr. Flowing River nodded back in consent.

(OOC)
    May 18, 2014

Fall of the Prelate
    Quench the Flames
    Church of the Fury

Community Member

Default OOC-Will not make it online

Working double again all week. Will not make it on sunday (today) nor Monday. -Deacon

I won't be there tonight. Out playing on the motorcycle today. Good luck in Red Fens.

Community Member

Default I will not make it.

I will not be able to make it today. -Deacon Blues

Default Lurch MIA as well.

Direct TV scheduled between 4 - 8 PM is not here yet. "On the way". Getting new receiver upgrades to three tv outlets.

See you folks next week!

-Sam.

Default July 13, Sunday night storms.

I lost my internet to high wind / lightening storms Sunday night. Normally I get power outages with that sort of stuff, but we kept lights the entire time, just no internet or TV. We are getting the same sort of storm line tonight from 7 - 10 PM EST. *Sings - "Summer time!" *

See you all next week!

-Sam

Community Member

Default Real life crushes False life.

I will not be able to make it to the game on Sunday Aug 10, 2014. I was looking forward to it, but new position needs me this Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by JBone99 View Post
    I will not be able to make it to the game on Sunday Aug 10, 2014. I was looking forward to it, but new position needs me this Sunday...
    plans changed I might make it.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 08-10-2014 at 02:48 PM.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Default Going to miss another couple of days (weeks?).

I have been promoted to Store Manager on the 7th of this month and given my own store (in another area) on the 9th. The store was weeks behind and in bad shape when I took it over. I have been working 12 hour days for the past 8 days and will be doing so for a few days more (Salary, heh!). I need to get my store in shape soon as the seasons are coming up, and people up high are watching to see if I can turn this store around. I am still training my three key holders (My AM, SSA, TSA) on how they were suppose to have been doing things (The last Store Manager had not updated his procedures for 8 months) and getting the crew motivated on our future. They and the store have potential. By the end of this week, I feel we will be back up to speed and on track to being a 1.1 million dollar store again.
    What this means is, well, I have to put DDO aside for another week. I will not be able to make it again this Sunday (though I may be able to allot some time for this Monday, but no promises). I miss adventuring with you guys and hope to get back into the game soon.

Deacon Blues

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast