Default Astral Shards back on silver roll table

Or is it that they never went away in the first place?

Yesterday I rolled 99 and got 1000 xp and 15 Astral Shards. Ironically, on a dummy account I created in order to generate cards.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

They never went away.

I have received 15 astral shards on a roll of 97-99, a couple of times before March 10 and once after. On a 100 I have not received 15 astral shards.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Uber Completionist

Pretty sure they never went away...
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

Founder

Within the high rolls it is a further roll which reward you will get. Astral Shards (along with some other items) seem to be on the "really rare" end of the table.

They never really went away. They just reduced your chance of getting them to extremely rare status. One could argue that's almost the same as taking them away completely. You could roll a couple hundred times and easily not see them. 15 AS is not overly hard to earn in game through selling items, at least compared to the number of free rolls you'd have to do to earn the same 15.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    They never went away.

I have received 15 astral shards on a roll of 97-99, a couple of times before March 10 and once after. On a 100 I have not received 15 astral shards.
    Are you sure? I thought they changed up the rolls every now and again - and I remember reading a Dev post stating "we'll bring back astral shards to the daily rolls at some point in the future" strongly suggesting they were not on for some period of time.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I hope I roll some shards then; today I noticed I had 45 instead of 57 shards, and was told by a DM that the log shows I spent some on a gold roll. I can't swear I didn't accidentally doubleclick when doing my weekly vip roll, but I sure never got a confirmation notice... Bad surprise! (and the prize must have been a copy of the refular roll, which was 10K plat; I sure had no new items... Probably didn't notice the xp crystal as I tend to toss those iin the bank for another toon and probably just assumed I forgot to tosss a silver roll).
    Will be VERY carefull clicking from now on!

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    I hope I roll some shards then; today I noticed I had 45 instead of 57 shards, and was told by a DM that the log shows I spent some on a gold roll. I can't swear I didn't accidentally doubleclick when doing my weekly vip roll, but I sure never got a confirmation notice... Bad surprise! (and the prize must have been a copy of the refular roll, which was 10K plat; I sure had no new items... Probably didn't notice the xp crystal as I tend to toss those iin the bank for another toon and probably just assumed I forgot to tosss a silver roll).
    Will be VERY carefull clicking from now on!

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Isn't the gold roll 15 shards? 57- 45 = 12... something doesn't seem right there at all..
    Main toon - Galing (Sarlona)
    Heroic Completionist x1 - 11/03/2016. Epic Completionist x1 - 12/04/2016
    Current life #37 (12 Epic, 19 Heroic, 3 Iconic, 3 Racial): arti reaper build https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...k-Reaper-Build

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    Isn't the gold roll 15 shards? 57- 45 = 12... something doesn't seem right there at all..
    If you roll gold and use the free silver roll towards it, the gold roll goes from 15 to 12 shards.

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    15 minus the 3 discount for the silver roll = 12.

Edit: *grin*
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Well, I always roll my silver first...
    But maybe the program had a hiccup and rolled 2 golds (1 free, 1 paid-but-discounted) instead of a free silver and free gold. That would also explain why I didn't notice an extra xp crystal, there would only be the expected 2.
    I do wish there was a confirmation pop-up for paid rolls...

Greetz,
    Red Orm