Default Infinite Staircase instead of the Hall of Heroes

It occurred to me that the Hall of Heroes would have been perfect to introduce the Infinite Staircase into the game.
    It would have served the exact same purpose but it would have actually come from the D&D canon material...

Just imagine:

Instead of the big ugly portals in Eveningstar and the Marketplace there would be 2 small and discrete doors in out of the way locations (but also in Eveningstar and the Market).

Inside, there would be basically that new interplanar area from where you can lvlup straight to 7 or whatever, but with a large spiral staircase instead, with invisible walls at the top and bottom.
    The stairs would be cobbled together from different stairs from all over the game.
    Not sure if it's possible, but it would be cool if it where possible to use the directional gravity from the demonweb so that the staircase would twist and loop in a crazy way.

In every landing there would be 3 or 4 doors (so you dont have to climb up and down so much).
    There would be doors to every public area in the game (as long as you have the pack) and to your guildship.
    The door inside the guildship could be a closet that had been stuck closed ever since you bought the ship.

At about the middle of the staircase, there could be a large landing with a bunch of tents and all vendors, as well as a banner saying "Planewalkers Guild - Infinite Staircase Camp".

And just because it would be cool, an extra addition could be a special door with an extremely low change to appear.
    It would only have a chance to appear if you entered the staircase not in a group.
    If it does appear and you don't take it (leave the staircase), it would disappear and it would not appear again during the present life.
    This door would lead to your true heart's desire. It would grant a free TR (heroic, epic, iconic, whatever).

This I would pay for. Not for the Hall of Heroes.
    What do you guys think? Wouldn't this have been better than the hall? At the very least it would have been something from the D&D canon material...

While not as immersive as your suggestion, we already have about 200 infinite ladders in DDO.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I enjoyed that module, and would like to see something like it in the game, but rather as a quest. For the Hall of Heroes they should just make a doorway with a list of destiniations, like the magic portals on Ebberon, but including the Eberron and Eveningstar marketplace.
    Your suggestion about a door to your heart's desire could be included in the quest, though I doubt they would even if they DID make the quest.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    I enjoyed that module, and would like to see something like it in the game, but rather as a quest. For the Hall of Heroes they should just make a doorway with a list of destiniations, like the magic portals on Ebberon, but including the Eberron and Eveningstar marketplace.
    Your suggestion about a door to your heart's desire could be included in the quest, though I doubt they would even if they DID make the quest.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    You gave me an even better idea :P Why not make the staircase the explorer area of a quest pack but let it keep all the doors, vendors, banker etc. That way it would still serve as a travel/trade hub but you could also have rare encounters with extraplanar traveling bands ohhh I would so pay for this!

I would vote for getting the City of Sigil instead of the Halls of Heroes. Comes completely furbished with an extended wilderness zone full of souls, devils, demons and the like and loooooots of portals everywhere we have the packs. Including some guild ship tower. And I would love to see the Grand Bazaar there! Get me that instead of the abandoned concept of the ill-designed Hall of Heroies!!!

They can't even be bothered to put doors to both planes in the already existing Hall of Heroes.
    Or comment on it, for that matter.

Instead we get a 1/4 finished big empty hall that you have to log in and out of just to use.

I would be ecstatic just to see a simple rectangle with one door to Eberron, one door to Forgotten Realms, one door to the Lifeshaper, and one portal to your guild ship. No logging out/in needed.

Good luck on your suggestion, though.
    Maybe some day they will come back and finish this mess. Until then, I don't hold a lot of hope for cosmetic improvements here.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.