Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Rumor about ranged and Fury

I heard a rumor that Fury Eternal is going to be made useless for ranged. Is this true? If so...another blow to pure artificers.

I heard a rumor they are going to remove the monk class from the game.

...then I woke up
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post

...then I woke up
    Whew! I need to wake up then.

Thanks!

Community Member

From what i read from Varguille on the official balance thread thing, there is definately no balance changes planned for the upcoming patch and they still figure out with the feedback what to change and how.

So uh i think fury for ranged is save, at least for a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    From what i read from Varguille on the official balance thread thing, there is definately no balance changes planned for the upcoming patch and they still figure out with the feedback what to change and how.

So uh i think fury for ranged is save, at least for a while lol.
    That's the problem with balancing. So many people put Fury eternal up as an suggestion to balancing ranged combat DPS by removing it for ranged attacks.
    There is a huge difference between balancing and breaking things.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

If I had nipples they'd be able to cut diamonds right now.

Community Member

That's the problem with balancing. So many people put Fury eternal up as an suggestion to balancing ranged combat DPS by removing it for ranged attacks.
    Yeah i agree, everyone's focusing on Monkchers and Manyshot/10 k stars. No one seems to notice ranged repeating crossbows work way different with adrenaline/fury eternal.
    But there was some sane suggestions there lets hope turbine does it right heh..........

Adrenaline should never have worked with ranged in the first place, this would be a correction.

And I'm sorry Mr Arificer, it affecting crossbows at all is ********.

The problem with balancing is that too many people are very loud with their suggestions when they dont even and never even have played the class or used the items they wanted "balanced". Its funny to see someone talk about taking this away and debuffing that and removing another thing..when they dont use any of it and have no experience other than seeing other people play their game.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Adrenaline should never have worked with ranged in the first place, this would be a correction.

Then they simply need to make something that affects crossbows similarly. Arbitrary damage multipliers was a bad idea in the first place, but giving them to a few classes/builds and not to the rest is even worse.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I heard a rumor that Fury Eternal is going to be made useless for ranged. Is this true? If so...another blow to pure artificers.
    People really like rumors on thelanis, this is just like the rumor about spinner of shadows, if you light the wards before you have all of the them more mobs will spawn, funny how fast false rumors spread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    The problem with balancing is that too many people are very loud with their suggestions when they dont even and never even have played the class or used the items they wanted "balanced". Its funny to see someone talk about taking this away and debuffing that and removing another thing..when they dont use any of it and have no experience other than seeing other people play their game.
    Also note that by loudly proposing various nerfs to Furyshotting, Monk/Pally splashes, or Spellcasters in Shiradi, people can focus the argument away from other unbalanced aspects that they personally enjoy (Bladeforged SLA?).
    There are knee-jerk reactions and then there are attempts to misdirect.
    Most people on Varg's thread agree that melee needs work. But buffing melee will also increase the 'visibility' of Bladeforged in upper EE content.
    This will help spread the hate around which is what Player Balance is all about: the more classes that are hated means less people doing the hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    Also note that by loudly proposing various nerfs to Furyshotting, Monk/Pally splashes, or Spellcasters in Shiradi, people can focus the argument away from other unbalanced aspects that they personally enjoy (Bladeforged SLA?).
    Most people on Varg's thread agree that melee needs work. But buffing melee will also increase the 'visibility' of Bladeforged in upper EE content.
    This will help spread the hate around which is what Player Balance is all about: the more classes that are hated means less people doing the hating.
    Another issue is they dont understand which part of melee needs work. It is widely believed (and incorrectly believed) that melee does less damage than the furyshotters. What melee needs is better survivability, and the major error being made there is using stat inflation and damage inflation as a substitute for higher difficulty. Each time it is suggested that NPC archers do the same damage as NPC melee, people argue against it furiously, even when attempting to argue that ranged has it easier.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    Well said. Any nerf to fury shot simply means everyone who isn't a caster will be playing Bladeforged. It is the players adjusting to the broken system that is EE. If you can no longer range for damage then people will be flocking to melee that can heal itself with the press of a button.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

For a change, I agree with you. It never should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    It is the players adjusting to the broken system that is EE.
    No, what you have is something that has been going on in this game since about early 2008 or so. It is people playing the current flavor of the month build, as they are called. Perhaps it is more appropriate to call it the flavor of the build number.

Comparing DDO to the Reality is ********.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Comparing DDO to the Reality is ********.
    Thinking like that leaves us in a broken game.

I'm sorry, an STR-based ability working on a INT-based RANGER weapon is stupid, even for you mammals.

Thinking like that leaves us in a broken game.

I'm sorry, an STR-based ability working on a INT-based RANGER weapon is stupid, even for you mammals.
    Arties focus their fury through the lens of their minds, thereby increasing their damage via adrenaline.

Doesn't make sense? You're talking about a class that shoots magic out of canons while using no ammunition. It's a fantasy game - Chai is correct above. We're talking about damage multipliers, not reality. You arbitrarily take them away from one damage type, because you have some bizarre image of reality you want to hold on to - kind of like the changes going to be made to boulder toss - you're just furthering the divide between the high dps classes and everyone else.

If you want to play a game where reality applies, try football or rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    People really like rumors on thelanis, this is just like the rumor about spinner of shadows, if you light the wards before you have all of the them more mobs will spawn, funny how fast false rumors spread.
    I think this particular instance is an example of the old telephone game. You line up 20 people and tell the first person a sentence they are to repeat to the next guy down the line. By the time it gets to the end it's so corrupted it bears little resemblance to the original, often with a humorous result.

A strategy for that dungeon that reduces the difficulty ten fold is indeed to light the torches last, but not because less Hezrou's spawn (that's the way I heard the rumor), but because you can stay in the north (I think it's north, the dark side, opposite the lava) and collect shards until you have enough to light all the torches and all you have to deal with is the spinner herself. Once you have enough, you can invis and light the torches while one person keeps the spinner busy. (Note: lighting a torch does not break invisibility.)

Lighting the torches last does nothing for you on its own. However, if you stay in the dark section of the map the entire time and only come out when you need to hurt the spinner to get more spiders to spawn, you will only have to fight a fraction of the mobs you would if everyone runs around all over the place willy nilly. After you protect the flame you never have to leave the dark section again until you are ready to light the torches.

I imagine someone was in a group that used this strategy and they were told that the group was going to light all the torches at the end to avoid fighting a great number of mobs unnecessarily. Somewhere down the line someone didn't fully understand what was going on and assumed by not lighting torches fewer mobs spawn, and thus a legend was born.

As for Fury Eternal working with ranged, again, most likely a case of someone hearing one thing and repeating another. This was a hot topic of discussion a month or two ago. Someone quoted a dev as saying that if an ability functions incongruent with its tooltip that it is a bug and could be fixed in a later update. Fury Eternal clearly specifies melee attacks, and therefore when it functions with ranged it is clearly a bug and could be fixed in a later update. However, it has functioned in this manner for a very long time, the devs clearly know about it and it hasn't been 'fixed' yet, so there's no reason to assume it ever will be, much less any time soon.

There is only one thing that is sure about Fury Eternal, the devs are keeping their options open. The multitude of times this has been brought up no one from Turbine has ever officially proclaimed it a bug that will be fixed, nor a mistake on the tooltip that will be fixed. If someone were to say they think Akamai is putting pop up ads on their desktop, within minutes someone from Turbine would pop in and set the record straight "to avoid any confusion on the matter". Their silence on this matter speaks volumes, they clearly do not have any immediate intentions on changing the functionality of Fury Eternal, yet they just as clearly do not wish to close the door on that possibility in for the future.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Arties focus their fury through the lens of their minds, thereby increasing their damage via adrenaline.

Doesn't make sense?
    Hey it makes about as much sense as a frenzied enraged berserker having an increased chance at hitting enemy weak points (critical threat range increase) while swinging around wildly.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast