View Poll Results: Would you be interested in attending an informal meet/greet at PAX East on Friday?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

2 66.67%
  • No.

1 33.33%
  • Maybe?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PAX East Meet and Greet: Informal Interest

UPDATED: We're on!

DETAILS:

WHEN: Friday, April 11th starting at 7:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

WHERE: Green Dragon Tavern, 11 Marshall St Boston MA (Downtown Boston) (Google Maps Link)

WHAT: Informal get-together of DDO players, many of whom will be attending PAX East! No badge or convention attendance necessary. If you're in the area, join us! There'll be some (not new but still cool) DDO swag, and lots of DDO chat. Everyone is responsible for their own food and drink. Going until nine or whenever.

Original Post:

PAX East is in Boston April 11th - 13th. There'll be a big Infinite Crisis party, but we're not doing a general Turbine-games-wide official party this year.

That said, I'd like to do an informal meet-and-greet on Friday evening for DDO folks to get together for fun. There wouldn't be free food or beverages. There probably would be a limited amount of swag (whatever I can carry, essentially.)

What I need to know is how many people would be interested in hanging out on Friday evening? It'd probably have to be at a 21+ pub/bar that is located far enough away from the convention center that I can actually carve out a bit of space for this. Can you make it? Would you be interested? Lemme know!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 04-08-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Won't be at PAX East, sadly - but that sounds like it'd be more fun then a larger Turbine party, imho.
    Swag or no swag - I think just hanging out with just DDO folks for an evening swapping stories and experiences would be a blast.

can you change it for the weekend of the 18th ? ill be going to a Sox game on the 18th. I am actually very interested, but its a 4 or so hour drive for me, so I cant confirm but sounds like fun and would love to do that.

Not going to PAX East, but I live north of Boston, so sure! Definitely interested.
    Main- Carrianne Taliesin Elven Fighter 12/Ranger 6/Rogue 2 Tempest AA, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Won't be at PAX East, sadly - but that sounds like it'd be more fun then a larger Turbine party, imho.
    Swag or no swag - I think just hanging out with just DDO folks for an evening swapping stories and experiences would be a blast.

The Gen Con versions always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    can you change it for the weekend of the 18th ? ....
    Or how about the last Friday of July? I'll be on a road trip vacation eastward that week...
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Got a party of four doing a meet up for PAX that will certainly go!

Let us know the details if anything gets setup.

I have Pax East Friday and Saturday tickets.
    This will be my third year going to Pax East
    2012 - Turbine Booth and player party
    2013 - Turbine player party
    2014 - informal get together

Makes me sad but I understand the financial reality.

I should be able to attend anything you can organize.
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Sadly, while I have tickets for Friday and Sunday, and I live outside of Boston, I will be travelling for work that week, and not getting back until Saturday night.

Have fun without me, and if you can get there, be sure you do. always a lot of fun.

Also that being said, if you are in the area that weekend, and want to go to PAX East on Friday, but were unable to get a ticket (because they sold out in minutes), shoot me a PM, and we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    PAX East is in Boston April 11th - 13th. There'll be a big Infinite Crisis party, but we're not doing a general Turbine-games-wide official party this year.

That said, I'd like to do an informal meet-and-greet on Friday evening for DDO folks to get together for fun. There wouldn't be free food or beverages. There probably would be a limited amount of swag (whatever I can carry, essentially.)

What I need to know is how many people would be interested in hanging out on Friday evening? It'd probably have to be at a 21+ pub/bar that is located far enough away from the convention center that I can actually carve out a bit of space for this. Can you make it? Would you be interested? Lemme know!
    Wish I could be there. Always loves me some swag.

On having this sometime outside of PAX East weekend: I'd love to have more meet-and-greets! I'm all for finding some times and dates where regional DDO players can meet up, and will look into that in the coming weeks. That said, this one's definitely set for the Friday night of PAX East, April 11th.

So far I'm just seeing about six folks who would be interested. Fine with me! Would love to see a few more, though. If you are interested, please let me know!

I'm currently eyeing one of two places: The Green Dragon Tavern or Lucky's Lounge. The Green Dragon is farther from the convention center, but is next door essentially to the location for the LOTRO meet-and-greet, and is a really cool old tavern in downtown Boston. Lucky's is within walking distance of the convention center, but that also means it could be a line-out-the-door on the Friday night of PAX East. Unlike last year, I don't see an event taking place there, so perhaps we could get in early enough?
    Join us on Twitch!

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default The Green Dragon

*snip*I'm currently eyeing one of two places: The Green Dragon Tavern or Lucky's Lounge. The Green Dragon is farther from the convention center, but is next door essentially to the location for the LOTRO meet-and-greet, and is a really cool old tavern in downtown Boston. Lucky's is within walking distance of the convention center, but that also means it could be a line-out-the-door on the Friday night of PAX East. Unlike last year, I don't see an event taking place there, so perhaps we could get in early enough?
    Well, you know - the only brew, for the brave and true, comes from "The Green Dragon"...
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Community Member

Default The Green Dragon

Sounds like a good time. Count me in and I'll bring a couple friends.
    Griglok (main)- currently on TR train, Greyhead- monk, Duelcore- wizard, Fiergen- ranger, Jayberwocky- fighter/monk, Prototech- artificier, Embezzler- rogue, Qeal- favored soul
    Leader- The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    Sounds like a good time. Count me in and I'll bring a couple friends.
    I will be one of those friends
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Work Schedule Puts me On the Clock those days and around 1100 miles away.

But hope it works for you all.

I'm going to call it: The Green Dragon Tavern it is! Besides being an awesome historic downtown Boston pub, it's name can't be beat.

We'll start around 7pm and "officially" go until 9pm. Although the odds that it goes later than nine are also pretty good. Does look like there's a $5 cover after 9:30 though.

You can find out more about the Green Dragon Tavern here.

For folks who are interested, the plan is to meet anyone who wants to get there as a group in the entrance space of the Boston Convention Center after the exhibit hall closes at 6pm. We'll head out for public transportation around 6:30. If you aren't going to the con but want to attend the event, that's cool too! Just meet us there around seven. We'll be the folks with DDO swag.
    Join us on Twitch!

Talk about breaking immersion. All the good stuff, with that Bud Light abomination in their midst.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

I'll be there at 7.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Hmmm... I'm flying into Boston on Monday since my team is based there, and I'm doing a training for one of our clients. But I've scheduled my departure for Friday morning.

Probably would not be difficult for me to extend my stay another day so I could visit the Green Dragon Friday night. So, put me down as a tentative.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

I may make an appearance as I will be there for the Convention.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

I'm going to call it: The Green Dragon Tavern it is! Besides being an awesome historic downtown Boston pub, it's name can't be beat.

We'll start around 7pm and "officially" go until 9pm. Although the odds that it goes later than nine are also pretty good. Does look like there's a $5 cover after 9:30 though.

You can find out more about the Green Dragon Tavern here.

For folks who are interested, the plan is to meet anyone who wants to get there as a group in the entrance space of the Boston Convention Center after the exhibit hall closes at 6pm. We'll head out for public transportation around 6:30. If you aren't going to the con but want to attend the event, that's cool too! Just meet us there around seven. We'll be the folks with DDO swag.
    WOOT. My wife can tell you how bummed I was that there was no party. The NVidia Party starts at 7PM as well, but I would rather hang with you guys and have to pay for my own drinks then win a TITAN GPU. You have made the last 8+ years of my life fun. I have never missed a DDO event or Booth at PAX East, and I will be damned if I will miss this one.

See you at the entrance to the BCEC.

Thanks for putting this together.

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast