Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AirbornedChild View Post
    I do not use buffs at all. Owerpowered. I can handle dungeons even without buffs. Sometime i use XP and healamp buffs, but not the others.

And dungeons are still completed. Simple calculations show that getting buffs is smth like 2 minutes. I can use this time to run dungeon with the same speed.
    Nice, when you get past level 7 and quests take more than 2 mins you can come back here and discuss on other points than how good you think you are.

Like what ship buffs actually bring or remove from the table.

Edit: Btw... the faster you run quests, the less time consuming it gets to buff. So if you run 15 quests with one ship buff session, I don't see how that 2mins couldn't end up, if not winning in term of time in-quest, at least even. Not having to cast any buffs at all or heal through elemental spells for 15 quests is better than 2mins. Now add the loss of dps, etc.

But it trains people to play lousely, that is for sure.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 03-28-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

I do not use buffs at all. Owerpowered. I can handle dungeons even without buffs. Sometime i use XP and healamp buffs, but not the others.

And dungeons are still completed. Simple calculations show that getting buffs is smth like 2 minutes. I can use this time to run dungeon with the same speed.

Save time, do not use buffs!
    I am sorry, I'm editing this because my first response to this was un-called for.
    Last edited by Holleyz; 03-28-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyz View Post
    Oh please oh lord of ddo please tell us how we can become super godlike like yourself. I'm sorry my girl is a broke b...tch on her first life so I cant afford to buy the awesome gear out of the ah and I don't have a Epic 40000th life toon to pass twink gear onto my current character. some of us use whats found in the chests. Please tell me more about how powerful you are
    I usually don't use ship buffs.
    Keep on rollin'.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    They need to add an amenity that allows Level 100 guild ships to receive all ship buffs with one interaction with an object. Running around an airship to get buffed is redundant.
    this

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Remind me which low level quests have been changed since airships were introduced?

I'm guessing since the OP claims this thread is just one big troll that the whole thing should be cubed.
    All of them, there has been a whole pass that upped the damage of elite traps, I think it also upped the damage of elemental spells for mobs at the same time I cant recall. Which is really part of my point, what purpose do they serve? As soon as they were added the game gets balance (with new content and passes for old) to incude them.

"if you dont like them dont use them"... funny so many people say this. It seems to me if they were taken out but average damage went down by 30 we'd be back to square one. only with the spells being handy again.

And I've played a Ranger for years and i didnt mind using my resists to save the healer types SP.

This is just my opinion and I doubt they'll change it. it really is not a big deal, but those are my thoughts on the subject.

I would like to go on record and say I would also like to see ship buffs removed from the game. Although it will never happen I can dream.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimcricket View Post
    ... It seems to me if they were taken out but average damage went down by 30 we'd be back to square one. only with the spells being handy again.
    This was just an example as if they were not added at all...

If they actually did do anything to change them my vote would be to turn them into a % resistance, like maybe 20% so then they'd be less usefull in low level but much better in high levels and worth while epic.

Default Well, since it's just a troll thread anyway...

Save time, do not use buffs!
    You may think getting it done faster is better, but that's not what she said...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalko128 View Post
    I usually don't use ship buffs.
    My little girl Needs them or she will just wipe out.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by jimcricket View Post
    All of them, there has been a whole pass that upped the damage of elite traps, I think it also upped the damage of elemental spells for mobs at the same time I cant recall.
    It didn't. There was an issue with force traps in The Pit if you're old enough to remember it. That was totally unrelated to ship buffs.

If you're not convinced run Proof Is In The Poison at level on Elite. Your ship buffs will see you through it without an issue. If they had increased the damage then standing in the acid would kill you as before.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    And how does having another player using ship buffs have any impact on you?
    1) It makes content easier when I'm grouped with them. (note this isn't an elitist argument; I don't particularly care- just answering your question).

2) It means less dependency in the group, i.e. handing out of buffs (which can be viewed as a positive or a negative).

Note: I use ship buffs, and don't really care about this argument either way. I was just pointing the problem with that argument (an argument that consistently pops up on these forums for different issues and neglects to think about the fact this is a multiplayer game).
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fhauvial View Post
    How? I'm one of those people who doesn't use them. I was in a high-level (capped) guild and always used them, until I left to start my own. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. You don't realize how much you don't need ship buffs until you don't have them.

Getting rid of ship buffs isn't the solution.
    I'm not sure how that relates to what I said, and I never said it was a solution.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    I never dreamed when I was 1st playin that such a Gimmick could exist. 30 % resistance buff is what makes Elite dungeons(mid lvl and below) so Easy for the masses...I'm not to impressed with players who use them below 10th lvl.I been using my 20%ers ,hipacriticlly,to keep up with elite runners elem dam resistance.But I would love for them to Be Gone from the Game...or lvl limits for the resistance ones ,at least.Anyone who supports stupid airship buffs ,is walkin on a crutch of inadaquecy...How fustrating when last player joins your group,everyone at the entrance,and then player chat hits"can I have a ship invite" jesus fruit friggiin christ;often it is player, like 26th lvl in max destiny ,no less;what a joke.Real fair to new players too(sarcasim meter maxed)they are thinkin there are items to find to help run elite heroic;dont be to impressed newbs ;older players run the dungeon on crutches !

They need to make it where the buffs apply to your character sheet perm (which would need them to rebalance the buffs) and scale by level similar to tomes. This current ship buff situation has been a malignancy on the game making old content that was hard, it is now trivial. This game has lost most of its challenge and become another run of the mill grind game. It is depressing.

What they should do is redesign the ship buffs completely into trees that the guild gets to vote on...want to be more of a gear finding guild...spec in that tree...want to be more of a leveling/tr guild...spec more into that tree...want to be more of a buff/helpers guild spec more into that tree....

The only thing that should be on the guild ship to be honest are vendors, teleporters, mailbox, banker, and maybe eventually an AH. Having your buffs apply directly to your character sheets help balance things spec in low level areas rather than have super buffs early in life.
    Last edited by Theragorn; 03-28-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Community Member

I hate ship buffs. Please get rid of them. They make the game less fun.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

i use ship buffs. spend 2 minutes once per 45mins-1hr or when you die (in which case you might deserve it for your lack of uberness) is redundant, and pretty wasteful of your time but much better i think when compared to the alternatives. true it is easy enough to use 20 resist pots but i know that i dont have enough inv space for them personally for most of the game. besides possibly requiring and waiting for someone else to buff you possibly multiple times per quest in multiple quests, i think the buffs save time more than waste it anyway. the more powerful your toon is the faster you complete quests. if you are resisting damage because of resists you arent healing yourself like crazy (difficult in for some people/builds) because you are burning blooded you are able to dps..faster dead end boss. +2 stat shrine helps someone use str levers or wis rune in heroic von5...less time waiting for someone with a higher stat.

are buffs necessary? just no. anyone who says they do clearly does not have as much nerdiness as the rest of us do. occasionally very useful perk? yes.

as far as being crutches...for me once they were. for a long while i didnt have regular access to them but for me i was so bad it probably wouldnt have mattered. once i did have regular access i was still pretty bad and i needed them kind of a lot, even if just having them was a placebo effect which made me simply play better when i had them and be demoralized and play badly when i died. now i dont suck as much and i can live without them...so if anything i think they are not really crutches just detrimental to the learning curve.

when grouping i throw up and lfm, buff (or vice versa) and generally head straight to the quest and start. sometimes i get people who join and say "buffing brt". fine. sometimes i get people who ask for an inv after joining, i throw them an invite and if someone is on my ship they get their buffs, or no one is on and they dont. fine. sometimes people who cant buff or didnt ask join. fine. if any and/or all of these people die. fine. if they leave my party because they died trying to keep up with me, did not have fun, or in general did not like how i ran the group, fine. i accept that this strategy will not earn me any love from a lot of people. when im trying to get through heroic levels without sniffing the flowers but also not zerging til it hurts, i just cant baby sit anymore. all in all i feel this strategy still does more short term good for the people who join and dont like it because they got easy and i got some company, even if its only a soul stone.

if ship buffs were gone when i next log on i would view it as an overall good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    I hate ship buffs. Please get rid of them. They make the game less fun.
    I would like to see a "make it hard"-button in the options menu where all the ship buff haters get the possibility for themselfs to turn ship buffs off (either by not showing the buffs on the ship or by suppressing to give buffs upon interacting with the buff givers). Then they do not need to pester all the other players that like or use ship buffs. And they get what they want.

I at last would love to keep my XP shrine. It makes the TR grind at least somewhat faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    I would like to see a "make it hard"-button in the options menu where all the ship buff haters get the possibility for themselfs to turn ship buffs off (either by not showing the buffs on the ship or by suppressing to give buffs upon interacting with the buff givers). Then they do not need to pester all the other players that like or use ship buffs. And they get what they want.

I at last would love to keep my XP shrine. It makes the TR grind at least somewhat faster...
    How abotu a guild debuff tat gives you -2 to all stats, -5% xp and a 30 point vulnerability to all elements
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post
    I'm not sure how that relates to what I said, and I never said it was a solution.
    I'm one of the ones who said 'if you don't like them, don't use them'.
    (Combat): ********** was healed by you for 5,033 points.

Community Member

Let me clue you in on something. Ddo is a easy game over all. Ship buffs do help at low to mid level but experience is far more important. Very little in this game is actually hard if you know what you are doing and that does include ee's.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    How abotu a guild debuff tat gives you -2 to all stats, -5% xp and a 30 point vulnerability to all elements
    Well, OK with every solution that gives the buff haters what they want while leaving alone everybody else. Should have the form of a Beholder then - mini beholder prefered ^^.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast