Community Member

Default How Rare is Rare cards 9 & 10 (IX & X)

First time post in a while, unfortunate its a whine post. But as the subject says how rare is rare cards 9 and 10,
    Since this started i have rolled a vip roll on 8 chars on 8 servers + 2 char on 2 F2P accounts,
    With no sign of the said cards.

Beginning to feel there for selected few as with end rewards i always seem to get skunked
    in that department too no matter how many times i run a quest, and surly the the dice cannot be weighted to just
    1-10 on the loot tables for the daily and vip roll.

Probably Just me or do others feels this is the way it is.

Vent Over.

Q

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qualron View Post
    First time post in a while, unfortunate its a whine post. But as the subject says how rare is rare cards 9 and 10,
    Since this started i have rolled a vip roll on 8 chars on 8 servers + 2 char on 2 F2P accounts,
    With no sign of the said cards.
    I have 1 VIP and 6 F2P accounts on Khyber. I've got two IX and one X so far. So 8 cards per day, plus 35 starting cards, 3 of which were rares.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

I've been rolling on my one account, on all servers, since the event started. (Not counting when the timer for the blue die wasn't working, of course.) Since this is a random process, I've had a lot of server-to-server variation in card distribution. Adding up all cards across all servers gives a better idea of the drop chances, though this is an extremely limited sample for Cards IX and X. The percentages of the total for each card, as well as the range of variation for each card across servers, for my sample is:
    • Card I - 10.8%, range 0 to 10
    • Card II - 11.0%, range 2 to 8
    • Card III - 15.1%, range 3 to 9
    • Card IV - 13.4%, range 4 to 9
    • Card V - 12.5%, range 2 to 9
    • Card VI - 12.2%, range 1 to 8
    • Card VII - 14.2%, range 2 to 9
    • Card VIII - 9.9%, range 1 to 11
    • Card IX - 0.6%, range 0 to 1
    • Card X - 0.3%, range 0 to 1

I would guess that the chances for getting Cards I to VIII are actually the same, and that the variations above illustrate the difference between probability and observed result.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    I've been rolling on my one account, on all servers, since the event started. (Not counting when the timer for the blue die wasn't working, of course.) Since this is a random process, I've had a lot of server-to-server variation in card distribution. Adding up all cards across all servers gives a better idea of the drop chances, though this is an extremely limited sample for Cards IX and X. The percentages of the total for each card, as well as the range of variation for each card across servers, for my sample is:
    • Card I - 10.8%, range 0 to 10
    • Card II - 11.0%, range 2 to 8
    • Card III - 15.1%, range 3 to 9
    • Card IV - 13.4%, range 4 to 9
    • Card V - 12.5%, range 2 to 9
    • Card VI - 12.2%, range 1 to 8
    • Card VII - 14.2%, range 2 to 9
    • Card VIII - 9.9%, range 1 to 11
    • Card IX - 0.6%, range 0 to 1
    • Card X - 0.3%, range 0 to 1

I would guess that the chances for getting Cards I to VIII are actually the same, and that the variations above illustrate the difference between probability and observed result.
    Looks as if you not far off, with my observation with trading on other servers the number 1,2 and 7 always seem to be the norm along with 4 so your higher percentage i would say is spot on.

Thanks for that feedback.

Q

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    I have 1 VIP and 6 F2P accounts on Khyber. I've got two IX and one X so far. So 8 cards per day, plus 35 starting cards, 3 of which were rares.
    Luck of the day, But you would kinda expect a better return with the amount of cards that are being rolled daily.
    Think that's what makes this game burn you out at times the grind for that 1 piece of loot you are looking for and never seem to get.

Rolling on all servers with one VIP account and one F2P account. Received one IX card (not on my home server) and no X cards. (Eventually traded some other stuff for an XI card out of frustration.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

I have 1 VIP account and 1 Premium account. Been rolling both accounts on all servers pretty much the whole time.

One of my off-server VIP characters had a 9 as a starting card.
    I managed to roll up a 9 on another VIP character on a server I play with a static group once a week.

That's it. Only 2 nines out of all the starting cards and 3 cards per day per server for how many days now, 20 or so?

Pretty rare, but I am not complaining because +3 stat and +3 skill tomes rock.

Just noticed, why is this under the Lamania section?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

The less than 1% for 9 and 10 seems true from my rolls as well. None yet, rolling on every server with vip. I am hoping to get 1 or 2 before the event ends on the 6th, but chances are very slim.

Odd they would go full spectrum rarity on this; considering the rewards aren't exactly that powerful/gamebreaking.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I have 1 VIP account and 1 Premium account. Been rolling both accounts on all servers pretty much the whole time.

One of my off-server VIP characters had a 9 as a starting card.
    I managed to roll up a 9 on another VIP character on a server I play with a static group once a week.

That's it. Only 2 nines out of all the starting cards and 3 cards per day per server for how many days now, 20 or so?

Pretty rare, but I am not complaining because +3 stat and +3 skill tomes rock.
    However that is awesome.

Just based on my personal observation, they are between bloodstone and ring of spell storing in terms of how often they actually generate from the d20. Less than 1%, almost certainly.

In terms of how many there are floating around for sale or trade, at least on my server, much less rare. Some people seem to have all the "luck".

I'm about 0 for 300 on popping one of these, and i don't personally know anybody who has generated one.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post

I'm about 0 for 300 on popping one of these, and i don't personally know anybody who has generated one.

(Also not sure why we're on the Llama forum, but...)

1 "IX" out of 488+ cards.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

I've gotten 2 X's and 1 IX in about 275 rolls.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I've been rolling on all servers with one account, and I got a card X the other day (or course not on the server it would be useful). It did help me set up a daily trade on that server, but there isn't a lot of time left to see real benefit on my end. I'm just happy it went to someone who can use it.

I also have daily trades going with people on 5 servers and no luck, unless they're holding out on me, which is unlikely.

I'm happy for the tomes and such, but the drop rates seem unreasonably low. Turbine seems to love low odds, so it doesn't surprise me.

Between 150 and 155 cards so far (not all accounts started on the same day). The only "rare" card I got was one I traded for
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

I'll sell mine for a lot if I can get it!!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.