Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Official Classic Card drop dead date?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We've discussed the end date, and have decided to keep the Anniversary card event going through April 6th. Enjoy!

Is there one?

I have searched the Announcements and Contests forums. I have searched the General Forums. I have used Advanced Search with the choose your three buttons to search with screen. Obviously, my search fu stinks.

I know Cordovan stated end of the month but it was never written in granite as far as I know and I cannot find that post.

Do I assume that on Monday March 31, 2014, at 10 AM EST Classic Cards quit dropping? Or do we carry over into April Fool's Day which could have some interesting outcomes I suppose.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 03-27-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

I was wondering this last night myself.

Also, it would be nice to get confirmation about whether or not the cards and cruncher will remain after the event ends (with the dice generator disappearing). I would assume so, but just want to make sure.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Ive heard said that the cruncher and the cards will work even after the die stops.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Ive heard said that the cruncher and the cards will work even after the die stops.
    This is what I heard as well. The cards and cruncher will work fine. The d20 will simply be disabled until they choose to turn it on again. No other future dates have been mentioned, but I'd like to think they could bring it back for future anniversary events or whenever they want to roll out a new set of cards. It could even be turned on for Bonus Days weekends if they chose to.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

I believe Cordovan himself said that the cruncher and cards will work after the 31st?
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I believe Cordovan himself said that the cruncher and cards will work after the 31st?
    Correct. I'm sure someone with better search-fu can find the exact post, but I'm positive it was Cordovan who said this.
    He also said (different post I think) that the event was scheduled to run till the end of the month, but that they were looking into extending it a bit to make up for the D20 not functioning properly at the start.
    Nothing further was said on this though.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Yes, that's true

Founder

From U21 Release Notes (doesn't specify the d20 working through March but it seems to be the case):

"Celebrate 40 years of D&D, and 8 years of DDO, with a special in-game card event! Check your character inventory for a "D&D Red Box" and use it to collect classic Dungeons & Dragons cards from the Deck of Many Prizes. Collect, trade, and combine the cards, exchange them for cool rewards, and view the card art in the new Image Gallery! The D&D Red Box is available throughout the month of March! Clicking on the D&D Red Box creates a Magical d20 into your inventory. Using the d20 (once per day per account) will give you a card (two cards for VIP!) Double-click on the "card cruncher" to open a UI where you can place your cards, and get cool stuff!"

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-21-release-notes

Cordovan Post regarding card cruncher continuing to work after 3/31:

" They can technically be put onto the Auction House, but cannot be searched for or found in the left-hand menu. BUT - when this issue is fixed, you should indeed be able to post and purchase them from the auction houses. You won't be able to get new cards through the Magic d20 when the event is over, but presumably interested folks will have leftovers, and you will be able to continue to crunch them after the event."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5280721

Community Member

Until some future update disables them by accident (as has happened with some old birthday cakes.)

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Thanks HAL

You solved my dilemma and it is as I suspected.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

We've discussed the end date, and have decided to keep the Anniversary card event going through April 6th. Enjoy!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Awesome!! Thanks!!

I think this is the best anniversary event ever.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Hurrah!

Now please make the Kobold cards drop at least as frequently as anything else:
    they are *everywhere* else in the game, breed like - well, like kobolds - and
    yet their cards are at least as rare as Dragons (for me, anyway).

Cool. because, honestly, while I don't do much with it, I do think it is kinda fun.

Ok...so I'm easily amused...

That's pretty cool, actually. Thanks.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Very good news yes
    I was highly sceptical about this "new and updated" event, fully expecting it to be a far cry from the original cake, but it turned out to be WAY better in sooo many ways
    Kudos to whoever came up with this!

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Many thanks Cordovan, this is one of the most rewarding events you've ever done, as well as the cards themselves being cool!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Quote Originally Posted by FredCDobbs View Post
    Hurrah!

Now please make the Kobold cards drop at least as frequently as anything else:
    they are *everywhere* else in the game, breed like - well, like kobolds - and
    yet their cards are at least as rare as Dragons (for me, anyway).
    I've generated and traded a lot of cards, and as far as i can tell, all of cards 1-8 generate at the same rate.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I've generated and traded a lot of cards, and as far as i can tell, all of cards 1-8 generate at the same rate.
    Then it must be just my [well-documented] Bad Luck that I'm sitting on a
    pile of Kuo-Toa and Achaierai with Kobolds as rare as the (rare) Dragons...

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    From personal experience that is not true. Only have 2 owlbears yet 6 to 10 of each of the other with no trading. All generated from my d20 on 2 accounts.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast