Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Thread: Revive button

  1. #21
    Community Member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,750

    Default if they give us free shards for VIP ,ill change my opinion

    but,gotta agree w poster...and the chest re-roll ;what a joke ...How about free shards for VIPs every month?

  2. #22
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,418

    Default

    The first thing I do when I walk into a quest is hide the window background so all it shows is the quest objectives. That way I can choose to ignore that button. Too bad I can't do that with the AS box.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  3. #23
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    but,gotta agree w poster...and the chest re-roll ;what a joke ...How about free shards for VIPs every month?
    Uh... You get free gold rolls that CAN give shards, and free TP as well as a VIP. So you DO get shards as a VIP. If you are either lucky or want them, that is.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  4. #24
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    The first thing I do when I walk into a quest is hide the window background so all it shows is the quest objectives. That way I can choose to ignore that button. Too bad I can't do that with the AS box.
    Drag the focus orb on top of it, and you cant see it.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  5. #25
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Could you guys try advertising to get more players in? Perhaps allocate programming time to making the game better instead of this kind of advertising?
    Advertising to bring in new players and shoving this kind of info in players faces is completely different. Advertising for new players costs a fair amount versus this method which is basically a one-time day or so investment in coding.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 03-25-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

  6. #26
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Drag the focus orb on top of it, and you cant see it.
    Doesn't work for me. Most of my hot bars are along the bottom of the screen with the focus orb to the right and above them. Ive had my screen set up that way since day 1. Besides, anything you cover it will just pop back up over it if you click on it or alt tab or something.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  7. #27
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Doesn't work for me. Most of my hot bars are along the bottom of the screen with the focus orb to the right and above them. Ive had my screen set up that way since day 1. Besides, anything you cover it will just pop back up over it if you click on it or alt tab or something.
    In that case it cant be helped. And as for the other part, Why click on it?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  8. #28
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    In that case it cant be helped. And as for the other part, Why click on it?
    I look at the focus orb sometimes to see what harmful effects are damaging mobs.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  9. #29
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I look at the focus orb sometimes to see what harmful effects are damaging mobs.
    Ah.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  10. #30
    Community Member Rykka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Land of Ice and Snow
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Wow.

    Played my gimp fighter today - die and immediately see a 'revive' button. 35 shards and get up via spirit cake. I guess everyone knew that cakes are available in the store - but this furthers the cheap, in your face, casino style of advertising p2w.

    Could you guys try advertising to get more players in? Perhaps allocate programming time to making the game better instead of this kind of advertising?

  11. #31
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I look at the focus orb sometimes to see what harmful effects are damaging mobs.
    Use Z for Examine?

  12. #32
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Advertising to bring in new players and shoving this kind of info in players faces is completely different. Advertising for new players costs a fair amount versus this method which is basically a one-time day or so investment in coding.
    One attracts new players while the other encourages them to stop playing.

    One of the biggest turn offs for new players is a "hey, you can buy your way out of this situation" box that appears each time something bad happens to the character. We saw how hilarious that got with debuffs causing the DDO store option appearing right in the middle of the screen when people were debuffed.

    The rage gets turned up to 11 when the purchased solution has a limit on its use. Someone who dies on the crucible swim for instance, buys a cake only to learn it cant be used underwater.

  13. #33
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    One of the biggest turn offs for new players is a "hey, you can buy your way out of this situation" box that appears each time something bad happens to the character. We saw how hilarious that got with debuffs causing the DDO store option appearing right in the middle of the screen when people were debuffed.
    This foxtrot comic from last Sunday seems appropriate.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I've played many, many F2P MMo's that in fact were completely P2W. DDO is by far the least P2W MMO I ever played. At least 99% of hat you pay for here is not a gamble, you know exactly what you're getting unlike other F2P mmo's with lottery type items, take a spin on our machine of amazing items for only 1$ Ohh sweet I got 25 potion I could of bought from a vendor for 500 gold, yay!!!!!!!!

    Cakes are one of the top sellers in the store, the revive button just makes it quicker for those that do use it.

    Turbine, make the game better, advertise get more players here...... But do so without advertising your store items which generate revenue that allows you to do so........... Seems rather contradictory to me

  15. #35
    Community Member Hazelnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Canada, EST
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezbort View Post
    I've played many, many F2P MMo's that in fact were completely P2W. DDO is by far the least P2W MMO I ever played. At least 99% of hat you pay for here is not a gamble, you know exactly what you're getting unlike other F2P mmo's with lottery type items, take a spin on our machine of amazing items for only 1$ Ohh sweet I got 25 potion I could of bought from a vendor for 500 gold, yay!!!!!!!!

    Cakes are one of the top sellers in the store, the revive button just makes it quicker for those that do use it.

    Turbine, make the game better, advertise get more players here...... But do so without advertising your store items which generate revenue that allows you to do so........... Seems rather contradictory to me
    Yep. The revive button confused me for about half a second the last time a character died. Then I immediately though, "Oh, quick access to a spirit cake. Why wasn't that here before?" Then I released back to a tavern because that's not how I choose to play. Great idea though. Just like being able to buy more bank space or backpack space. Or any of the other things that don't unbalance the game but make life simpler.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Advertising to bring in new players and shoving this kind of info in players faces is completely different. Advertising for new players costs a fair amount versus this method which is basically a one-time day or so investment in coding.
    Another difference is that advertising brings new people with money, and this method brings a couple dollars and a lot of disgruntled customers.

  17. #37
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Not sure what I'm doing right - because it's not like I never die - but I've never noticed this evil obnoxious button. Is it maybe because I keep a cake in my inventory? Either way, just not sure what all the fuss is about...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Well the loot reroll on chests is pretty much in your face, but this button if i didn't read in the patch notes it was there i would have never noticed it existed.

  19. #39
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,366

    Default

    You know, I honestly don't get some of the outrange over the chest re-roll, or even Revive button.

    And honestly, I don't get the outrage some people would have over advertising ion load screens.

    If you don't want to spend astral shards DON'T USE THESE FUNCTIONS! It is really simple. It provides convenience for some players, and a minor perk to those who went out and purchased Astral Shards. I maybe used the re-roll once because I needed on of those draconic gems, and just happened to get one. But for the rest of the time, I had the restraint to basically take what fate had in store for me.

    As for revive...almost every time I *had* to use a spirit cake, the circumstances were usually so bad that the minute my toon was brought back to life, it was a second or two before the bazillion mobs surrounding my soul stone hacked me to pieces....again. So, I generally just the XP hit and recall to a tavern some somethin'.

    Just because it is there doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. And I don't. I don't know why others can't do the same.

  20. #40
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    It's just one more reminder of the real world that pulls me - and maybe others - out of the fantasy immersion.

    But, hey, while we're at it, let's have a button near our names "buy name change now!" and one near our classes "buy a +1 heart now!" and on our skills page "unhappy with your skills? Use a +1 heart now!" and beside our alignments "buy alignment change! Play chaotic good, it's just that cool!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload