Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    What I'd rather see changed in this raid are the Kuldjarghs.
    Putting 5 super high fortification half a million HP mobs in there is one thing.
    But making them respawn is just trolling.

Taking out the Kuldjarghs for good by killing them should be a legitimate tactic (and it still would be questionable, considering how long that takes).

Currently you simply have to put someone on kiting them and considering how long this raid can take this task is just utterly boring. I'm almost feeling sorry for the person that gets assigned to that task.
    Why do you need a separate kiter for the battleragers? As far as I've seen, they're super slow and should never catch you. One monkcher seems like it would be enough to kite everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Why do you need a separate kiter for the battleragers?
    My complain is about kiting being the only option. It would be nice to have choices, especially in a raid.
    Who kites them and what else he kites is not the question.

I'm also not sure where turbine wanted to go with the battleragers.
    Initially they had a anti-kiting mechanism by charging you and knocking you down and applying the slow effect.
    That got removed, than put back in and then removed again.
    Last edited by Eth; 03-28-2014 at 03:24 AM.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

What I'd rather see changed in this raid are the Kuldjarghs.
    Putting 5 super high fortification half a million HP mobs in there is one thing.
    But making them respawn is just trolling.

Taking out the Kuldjarghs for good by killing them should be a legitimate tactic (and it still would be questionable, considering how long that takes).

Currently you simply have to put someone on kiting them and considering how long this raid can take this task is just utterly boring. I'm almost feeling sorry for the person that gets assigned to that task.
    Change them into oranges, so we can halt/command undead them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Change them into oranges, so we can halt/command undead them.
    All the red-trash should be orange, in the entire game.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

So, what do you guys think is better? Sending one player into each portal and beating down phylacteries in unison, or sending one player at a time through the same portal?

Just asking, because last night we sent one through at a time.... took us near 20 times to get the right phylactery. We had around 900 kills. This is making me rethink the "one at a time" strategy (which up until last night had worked fine for us).
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

My complain is about kiting being the only option. It would be nice to have choices, especially in a raid.
    Who kites them and what else he kites is not the question.

I'm also not sure where turbine wanted to go with the battleragers.
    Initially they had a anti-kiting mechanism by charging you and knocking you down and applying the slow effect.
    That got removed, than put back in and then removed again.
    Kiting is not the only option. Place melees in center, center heals on the mound, and beat down. I've done it both that way and kiting, and kiting seems to be the least efficient way.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    Kiting is not the only option. Place melees in center, center heals on the mound, and beat down. I've done it both that way and kiting, and kiting seems to be the least efficient way.
    Sure on EH...

It might be possible on a mega tank to tank on EE battleragers and dragon. Definitely done it on EH with a buddy who was tanking and felt it was solid. Like I said has to be a total tank pretty much perfect on EE. At times on EE our tank had one battlerager as well as dragon which meant a little bit more damage, but was not end of world. Something to try for sure.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 03-28-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Cool

So, what do you guys think is better? Sending one player into each portal and beating down phylacteries in unison, or sending one player at a time through the same portal?

Just asking, because last night we sent one through at a time.... took us near 20 times to get the right phylactery. We had around 900 kills. This is making me rethink the "one at a time" strategy (which up until last night had worked fine for us).
    Definitely think on a real EH pug to do one at time. The question is with a more set, solid static group and I am leaning towards in unison. My guildy is especially concerned with casters. He does not think that a caster is good at the crystals in unison even if they turn off shiradi. He might very well be right.

What a group can do is just kill one shadow (leave the other shadows alive/upstairs group kite) and then jump in and kill the crystals one at a time quick. A group might be able to get in 20ish one time kills without having to beat down the dragon again if they manage to keep the shadows alive. Coordinating and sinking up things does take time if you try to do things in unison and all of this has to be taken into account.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Definitely trakon tank. Bone boys middle sounds like a rather splendid idea. Who needs to get her back on the mound quick for the kill after knockback anyway.
    More melees in the center to hjeal and mess with trakon ai and movement and mass Horrid Wiltings target is great idea too lol.
    Either that or lever pullers should tank them.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Definitely trakon tank. Bone boys middle sounds like a rather splendid idea. Who needs to get her back on the mound quick for the kill after knockback anyway.
    More melees in the center to hjeal and mess with trakon ai and movement and mass Horrid Wiltings target is great idea too lol.
    Either that or lever pullers should tank them.
    Everyone on the mound + mass heals sounds like a valid hardcore tactic.
    Your cleric has mass heal, right?
    Let's do this.

Kiting is the only efficient way to deal with batteragers.
    Those Kulds have tons of hp, they respawn, they mess with people's ability to dodge or move fast if necessary, and while people are busy killing them, they're not killing casters, or dpsing the dragon, or going into the shadow side, or doing any of the things that are important for completion.

Even on EH killing them is just not an option, it already takes a group too long to kill them after the raid is complete. I don't even want to think how much trying to kill the battleragers would screw up an EE raid.

And speaking as someone who mainly plays a divine, I don't even want to think how many resources I'd have to use if I had to spam mass heal in the center in addition to everything else.

Anyway, I'd also like all the non-named mobs to become orange and have less hp. Having no option but dps/kting is boring.
    Last edited by jaegarnel; 04-02-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123