Default Update 21 Patch 1 First look - Closure

We're bringing Lamannia down shortly.

Thanks for all the feedback and server crashes!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We're bringing Lamannia down shortly.

Thanks for all the feedback and server crashes!
    Are you guys bringing it back up later today? or you guys closeing it for awhile

We're planning on bringing it back this coming Thursday or Friday, depending on the build. I'll make a post when we're more certain on which of the two!

Community Member

CAn we get a dev online when its open so we can get some items and maybe toss us the packs since we cant buy it in the lama store. would be nice to test the new content ^_^

what is the expected timeframe for u21.1 going live? I'd like to know because I'd like to TR but would also like to do the new ED before I TR. if it will take too long I'll just TR if it is only 1-2 weeks max then I'll wait to TR.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We're planning on bringing it back this coming Thursday or Friday, depending on the build. I'll make a post when we're more certain on which of the two!
    Kookie, any news on the availability of the Character Copy ?
    ( Yeah I know I'm nagging, but I really feel that it's important )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Kookie, any news on the availability of the Character Copy ?
    ( Yeah I know I'm nagging, but I really feel that it's important )
    Could you give a detailed reason outside of loot for the character copy being a necessity to test? The dojo handles all levelling and tring needs, and 70% of the loot needs. I didn't see any problems with the players running content last time.

I think a better direction would be to add loot to meeps shinies list.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Could you give a detailed reason outside of loot for the character copy being a necessity to test? The dojo handles all levelling and tring needs, and 70% of the loot needs. I didn't see any problems with the players running content last time.

i really like that idea, they need to have a place you can get raid gear (citw for example) because that will cut them time from droping gear for players they could actually run some content and such

Because people don't want to spend a long time creating a character that mirrors the character they have on live? Because if people test with toons they're familiar with they can give more accurate feedback on difficulty level and other things?

I'll never understand why you're so utterly opposed to fixing character copy. Anytime someone mentions it you come in and pooh-pooh the idea saying it's not needed. Some people need it. Or want it. I know that I won't test anything with dojo created toons. It's a waste of my time.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Because people don't want to spend a long time creating a character that mirrors the character they have on live? Because if people test with toons they're familiar with they can give more accurate feedback on difficulty level and other things?

I'll never understand why you're so utterly opposed to fixing character copy. Anytime someone mentions it you come in and pooh-pooh the idea saying it's not needed. Some people need it. Or want it. I know that I won't test anything with dojo created toons. It's a waste of my time.
    This
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post

This. I haven't played Lamannia in a while because all the test dojo lag was obnoxious. I just want to play my character with my gear and my stats (or at least with the stats I plan on having at level 28). I don't want to have to reincarnate several times and level up multiple EDs and then attempt to recreate my gear with dojo gear to the best of my ability and wait several days to get enough TP to get my tomes correctly applied only for them to delete my character the next day or before I even can do this.

The character copy tool needs to be fixed.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

I already game them long ago.
    I'm going to give one reason, one more time.

Typically I have several Clerics that haven't LR or TRed since the Enhancement Crash. As such they do not have any Deity Feat.
    It is possible that some behavior of the game are impacted by the Deity choice and not having one ends you somewhere where it crash or completely fubar the character.
    I cannot recreate such character through the Dojo, since it is mandatory to have a Deity feat at character creation.

There's also all the reasons rest gave you...

Edit : what I gave as a reason for clerics is also valid for many classes over 8 years there's been changes to characters that grandfathered things, and a brand new character just cannot earn these grandfathered abilities/feats/enhancements ( or lack of ).
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 03-25-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Default Unable to get on Lammania

I have downloaded the separate DDO client for lammania and when i try to log in it always says the server is closed, wondering if there is a solution to this or if you could give me different directions on downloading the client