Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Have auctions been paused because I have one ending soon.

Turbine is simply adding more ants to Hex. Then they have to initialize the GBL. It's a complex process. :-)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hex_(Di...and_technology

Bazinga!!!!!!!!!

...Wuyondra moved in for the kill. She was no longer worried about stealth. The caster was down. It was time to finish this. The Mindflayer knew his time was up. Where had it come from? Nobody can hit that quick! He spat out blood and felt his life ebb away. He knew his assailant would finish him but he he had one last chance. He grasped the charm around his neck and spoke the single command word. Wuyondra saw the movement and reacted. Firing another arrow. But it did not strike the wounded creature. Because suddenly a a fierce blue energy bubble had materialized around the Mindflayer! The arrow hit the bubble and was no more. Wuyondra tried to notch another but found she was unable to move! The Mindflayer rose awkwardly to his feet, his breath was shallow his breathing rasped. The Energy bubble dissipated leaving Wuyondra now free to move but she was slowed. Her mind was swimming. Her vision blurred. She stumbled and fell forward. The Mindflayer now saw who had almost killed him. This was it? I stupid Drow female! No. He would not die by her hand. He began to chant the death spell again...

Yay lol just more time to reflect on how I play DDO way too much!
    Optymuz Prime - Chang Tsu

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Mines of Moria

I still play this sometimes when I'm waiting to process. I will have it open in a small window on my desktop someplace. It's all keyboard commands so its nice to have a little distraction on the side.

Moria (video game)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moria_%28video_game%29

Game files
    http://beej.us/moria/

EDIT ~ Back up the charecter's file to another directory or spot. Death can come swift and easy at times. Once dead the game deletes the charecter's file and you have to start from scratch. However, if you have a back up copy in a another directory, then you can move the file over and pick up where you left off the last time you backed up your charecter's game file.
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-25-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    UPS was late in delivering more RAM for the 8 year old servers to help fix the lag issues.
    They "upgraded" to a rental server farm "with faster servers" 4 years ago.

Just remember... those 128meg DDR DIMM's are notched on one side.

I also wonder if they could give us much larger number of monster battles if they fix all the monster scripts and upgrade their lease to beefier servers. Who knows... bottleneck may be something they have less control over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot_to_Thrill View Post
    ...Wuyondra moved in for the kill. She was no longer worried about stealth. The caster was down. It was time to finish this. The Mindflayer knew his time was up. Where had it come from? Nobody can hit that quick! He spat out blood and felt his life ebb away. He knew his assailant would finish him but he he had one last chance. He grasped the charm around his neck and spoke the single command word. Wuyondra saw the movement and reacted. Firing another arrow. But it did not strike the wounded creature. Because suddenly a a fierce blue energy bubble had materialized around the Mindflayer! The arrow hit the bubble and was no more. Wuyondra tried to notch another but found she was unable to move! The Mindflayer rose awkwardly to his feet, his breath was shallow his breathing rasped. The Energy bubble dissipated leaving Wuyondra now free to move but she was slowed. Her mind was swimming. Her vision blurred. She stumbled and fell forward. The Mindflayer now saw who had almost killed him. This was it? I stupid Drow female! No. He would not die by her hand. He began to chant the death spell again...
    Suddenly she starts running in place, "Crud! Lagging out!" Moments later the environment clears and she see's her soul stone floating in the distance...
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Community Member

People in the U.S. can have trouble with am/pm too. Witness my upcoming doctor's appointment at 3:20am(got the appointment card right here.) I'm betting they won't even have the decency to be open in the middle of the night! But what we lack in sense, we make up for in stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    Suddenly she starts running in place, "Crud! Lagging out!" Moments later the environment clears and she see's her soul stone floating in the distance...

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    (And why do americans insist on using latin, inches, yards, miles and all that stuff :P).
    When trying to build a new country/empire why not imitate one of the most succesful ever. Germany however was never completely subjugated by the Romans so................

;-)

Community Member

AND THAT'S WHEN YOU WOKE UP RIGHT?!!!
    Man I've had that same nightmare for weeks now!

Community Manager

The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

so would this be a true death or is this forgiven in those guilds?

Community Manager

The DDO Store remains unavailable, but all worlds are open. We will let you know when we re-open the DDO Store.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Nesis View Post
    so would this be a true death or is this forgiven in those guilds?
    I feel special, your first post and it's quoting me!

Worse, the perma-death guild had an in-character council meeting to discuss the rules of such a death. Meanwhile Wuyondra stood, waiting for a GM to come to her rescue. Being she was f2p none came. The council spent the next hour nerd-raging about the rule.
    leader, Bridge Burners

...as Wuyondra fell forward she perceived a sudden surge through her body. Part adrenaline, part wild Fey energy had come to her aid. Her fall had become a a practiced roll and with cat-like agility she was up on her feet again. Her vision was still wavy, her head was clouded. Yet somehow she was moving again! At that moment the Flayer completed his gesture and let the death ray surge towards the stricken Drow. Wuyondra saw the creature scream out and unleash the spell almost too late. Almost... But she had faced this situation more than enough now. Digging her boot upon the floor her powerful quads catapulted her lithe compact frame into the air, she somersaulted over the head of the creature, while simultaneously drawing and firing at the direction of the scream. Although she could not see her foe her keen hearing was enough. The arrow hit true as she landed on her feet behind the creature. The Mindflayer slumped to the floor. Dead. Wuyondra drew a deep sigh of relief.
    Last edited by Shoot_to_Thrill; 03-25-2014 at 01:04 PM.

...as Wuyondra fell forward she perceived a sudden surge through her body. Part adrenaline, part wild Fey energy had come to her aid. Her fall became a a practiced roll and with cat-like agility she was up on her feet again. Her vision was still wavy and her head was clouded. Yet somehow she was moving again! At that moment the Flayer completed his gesture and let the death ray surge towards the stricken Drow. Wuyondra saw the creature scream out and unleash the spell almost too late. Almost... But she had faced this situation more than enough now. Digging her boot on the floor her powerful quads catapulted her lithe compact form into the air, somersaulted over the head of the creature, while simultaneously drawing and firing at the direction of the scream. Although she could not see her foe her keen hearing was enough. The arrow hit true as she landed on her feet behind the creature. The Mindflayer slumped to the floor. Dead. Wuyondra drew a deep sigh of relief.
    Or that, haha. Nice diversion during the outage Shoot.
    leader, Bridge Burners

Or that, haha. Nice diversion during the outage Shoot.
    Ty. Ty.

But I'm getting the jitters now . When is it ddo time?

Eeek! they changed time?
    Realitively speaking that's not fine,
    But, to be fair since e=mc^2
    And we have that in the bank,
    Everyone forgets about Planc.

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast