Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Tuesday, March 25th from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) UPDATED

UPDATE 2: The DDO Store is once again available. Thank you!

UPDATE: All worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game! The DDO Store remains unavailable. We will let you know when we re-open the DDO Store.

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Tuesday, March 25th from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums and web site may remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 03-25-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Check your dates
    Hymm | Grypp | Dimachaerii | Othala | Wylle

[Defense Guild]

Community Member

so uuhhh ....uummm..... is it tuesday or wednesday

I assume it's Tuesday at least that's what it was corrected to on facecrack.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Thumbs down

6 hours for a maintenance... not even an update or a patch...

Who says there will be no update, hotfix or patch... These are the usual prolonged downtimes we have from time to time, and sometimes we get some new program data packages via updater afterwards. Since not every hotfix is discussed into details (and Cordo even had to swing the "stop-or-be-banned"-bat last time, I would guess we will not get too big an information on what they are hotfixing together with the general downtime this time either. But it would be nice to see some less expl*bannable word* afterwards.

Cu online tomorrow after the downtime!

They are taking it down to fix bards.

Um yeah...
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    They are taking it down to fix bards.

Um yeah...
    That made me laugh. Thanks!

Probably more to do with fixing some random cheat.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Tuesday, March 25th from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums and web site may remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

It shouldn't take 6 hours to remove that shadow cloud effect from the new gear, but if that is what it takes please do it. it is well worth the wait!

Somewhere in the land of rain, trees, and flannel. Could it get any worse? lol

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    It shouldn't take 6 hours to remove that shadow cloud effect from the new gear, but if that is what it takes please do it. it is well worth the wait!
    A thousand times this ^!!!!!!!
    Khyber - Flirtybratt (8/6/6 rogue/ranger/monk), Bratttt (pure rogue assassin) & various other toons with brat in the name. I am, of course, the brat in BrattyTop!

another downtime... for 6 hours... to fix bards? Sure they are the best class in the game, but how much nerfing do they need??

Forgot to add that in March alone we'll have 18 hours of down time... and the month isn't over yet folks.
    Last edited by MarauderX; 03-24-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    correl.wikispaces.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Who says there will be no update, hotfix or patch...
    the OP, of course:

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance...
    MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be awesome ...
    If turbine for once fixed some off the broken / bugging stuff.
    Maybe even nerf the black cloud on new stuff / nerf the pink shadowside in mirror darkly.

But servers probabaly go down to fix some random exploits like always.

I am so old, that when i started gaming ddo - the bugpaige on ddo-wiki was only half a page.
    Nowadays it takes a full hour to read the bugpaige on ddo-wiki ... sadface.
    Last edited by D-molisher; 03-25-2014 at 12:02 AM.
    How many dwarves does it take to screw in a lightbulb ?!?
    Three. Two to get a ladder under it, one to try to climb up until he realizes the ladder is bugged.

Community Member

I only hope... let me stress the word "hope".. they fix the lag that makes the game unplayable at times.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Oh PLEASE let this be something they are doing to correct the current lagging and game crashing that has come about since update 21!
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    the OP, of course:

MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I bring down the servers for standard maintenance, I would make sure to roll out and include every bit of fix that has passed QC until then. Downtimes are good for such things, because you do not have to put up a long "fix" list and do not get annoying questions on what is fixed and why other things are not.

Maintenance is such a beautiful word...

Community Member

Default """""""""""""q.q"""""""""""

Oh no, DDO going offline after my work. Q.Q

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Since myaccount is down, I think this maintenance has nothing to do with the game side, but more on the login server side.

Maybe they discovered that the account login servers were dropping connection and making accounts invalid during gameplay.
    Maybe the login servers just needed the three finger salute because of memory leaks.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Since myaccount is down, I think this maintenance has nothing to do with the game side, but more on the login server side.

Maybe they discovered that the account login servers were dropping connection and making accounts invalid during gameplay.
    Maybe the login servers just needed the three finger salute because of memory leaks.
    Better than the one-finger salute before shiping them to the fill, I would say... Anyway, if they have to have downtimes, it is logical to assume, since DDO is no newbie company in the business, that during downtime they will try to do maintenance on the game servers as well as putting forward any update finished so far... Just good old data economics, imho.

Hopefully they can get the hamsters running again and finally find a way to bind the lag monster so it does not raise its ugly head like it did the last days...

will be offline for maintenance on Tuesday, March 25th from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)
    6:00 AM to 12:00 PM... 18 hours maintenance?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast