Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I need 2.8m to cap, and I have 5k covs.
    Covs are not problem if you run ee.
    Yeah man I see others saying same but I do run EH and EE as norm. I still get to 28 before I get enough Coms. It takes about 1.5 times 20-28 to get what I need. I do like how the exp pots will buff com rewards..did notice a nice uptick on that.

TBH I swore I would not take part in ETR but i do want that twist slot
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    Well i think this might be it for me. I had hoped that when Epic Tr came out it would revitalize the game for me.

Unfortunately, it just seems too grindy. The game is no fun anymore for me.

1) 4200 COV to get a epic stone. Too grindy. Using Tokens of Twelve for hearts was so much easier and better when i was heroic tr'ing
    2) Just not enough epic quest and 6 million k xp required. You need a few 100k xp quest to do, then they nerf Von3. After 6th TR I have already tired of running
    the same epic quest. it is not like doing a heroic where there were so many to do.
    3) Constantly trying to push us toward the shadowfell expansion and the screwed up way you have to run to all the quest thru a wilderness or pay shards. P2w **** again
    4) The reward for an epic tr is just too low and not worth it. 10 spell power for farming 6 million xp. Are you kidding me. random loot gives +100 spell power items.

I tried to do the epic tr thing, but it just is not as fun as i thought it would be. sigh.....
    1. ok they might be a bit high still i wouldn't even mind seeing 1k get cut off but that is me.
    2. there is plenty of quests and xp. you do realize this stuff is still new right? look at the release date of when this came out and the increase to levels. if this had been around for a while you wouldn't complain.
    3. ok wheloon is easy to get around you don't have to shard or gasp run it on heroic instead of epic to get to a quest if its too tough for you. Stormhorn gasp another big one. take some time to get the harper camp teleporters first. yet again don't need to pay any shards. no one forced any of that down your throat.
    4. you also realize that heroic trs are kinda like that too right? look the system isnt for everyone. don't like it don't do it.

So don't do it.

Glad I was able to solve your problem OP!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default It still feels grindy.

It still feels grindy to me as well.

What I do to get comms is run the Druids Deep chain, 1st and sometimes 2nd Eveningstar chains, and the GH circuit on EE for covs nightly. However, I fell out of the hamster wheel 2-3 weeks ago. Once I got back to L24 and could get into HH and now L25 and can get into Thunderholm I've been exploring and having fun there. I have about 3100-3300 ish covs right now, but I don't think I will ETR again for a long while. I lost my dog's gear on the last one because I forgot to take it off. If I get back on the wheel it would be iconic TR so I can have the Shadar-Kai past life feats for the new stuff.

When I cannot play alot I still try and get a my dirty 30 from ID. I just run in a kill her and don't bother with the rest. I try to get at least these 30 comms when time is short and/or I'm slackin' a night. My busy season started, so I may slack moar, because I'm tired after work. 4200 covs is gonna take allot longer to achieve during my peak season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Yeah man I see others saying same but I do run EH and EE as norm. I still get to 28 before I get enough Coms. It takes about 1.5 times 20-28 to get what I need. I do like how the exp pots will buff com rewards..did notice a nice uptick on that.

See, I dont run eh, except fot and von5/6.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Stop playing such an easy-button build and you won't be so worried about the balance changes :P

In my situation is don't need XP . . . don't need cash . . . only loot I need is new raids and so 2-3 of them a night and there's rally not anything else to do in DDO if you're not after XP.
    Hey Troll! I've seen you lurking in the palemaster thread... Only pure barbarians and bards get to throw that label around without having it bounced back!

Default :d

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post

I'm still interested in the 4th twist, but I'm gonna take a break from ETR. I was going to take Boulder Toss with 4th twist so I didn't have to run in Furry of the Wild ED so much. Since BT will change I'm geeked now on the ITR for the Shadar-Kai past life feat.

Community Member

4200 Coms is fine. After working with this mechanic for a while this seems like a fair amount where you can get it for free for some effort or you can get it from the store. My big issue comes down to equipment and class power. We don't have inventory space as it is and it's annoying to have sets of gear for 20-23, 24-26 and 27-28. Secondly, if the end game is epics, and I have gotten my character to where I want them at L28 why do I have to go all the way back down and get it again? Why can't your xp counter keep clicking and after you have gained 6 mill xp after L28 you are eligible to take an eTR PL? This seems like a far superior system. You would get a large group of characters at L28 who would have something to do - your end game raids, and they would be accumulating XP for eTR benefits. This makes even more sense since the new content is not say CR 22 stuff its all at Cap level stuff. I mean all that XP and explorers in Thunderholme zone are lost to the majority of players who run in there because they are being run by L28 characters.

Community Member

I think for a relatively new player it really isn't grindy at all.

So let's say you started playing a few months ago and you have one character who is in the 20-28 range. You focus on that character, spending some time at cap getting coms and items and plat and working on your optimal loot. About once a month or 2 you perform an EPIC tr and gain a nifty past-life. When you get really bored with your race/class you do a full tr and try something else. No need to rush, enjoy your self and sniff the flowers, you will have epic completionist within a couple of years at the most even playing at moderate pace.

The problem is the older players like myself that had a dozen characters before the tr system even existed. There simply isn't anyway to both work on completionist and multi-toon and stay sane. I've been more than tempted on many occasions to just delete all my characters except one...I've resisted so far.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Default My bane

Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    After working with this mechanic for a while this seems like a fair amount where you can get it for free for some effort or you can get it from the store. My big issue comes down to equipment and class power. We don't have inventory space as it is and it's annoying to have sets of gear for 20-23, 24-26 and 27-28.
    This has been my bane and I'm still struggling with it. I did get all the backpack space, but really need more bank space for these sets of gear. To save space I'm using my L14 White Dragonscale armor from L20-25. I turned my Voice of Master into a Gift of Master since I'm not using right now to put into augment bag, etc. Too much BtC stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Hey Troll! I've seen you lurking in the palemaster thread... Only pure barbarians and bards get to throw that label around without having it bounced back!
    What you mammals fail to realize and EVERY button for me is an easy button. But I understand you live with your natural mammalian handicaps.

Well i think this might be it for me. I had hoped that when Epic Tr came out it would revitalize the game for me.

Unfortunately, it just seems too grindy. The game is no fun anymore for me.

1) 4200 COV to get a epic stone. Too grindy. Using Tokens of Twelve for hearts was so much easier and better when i was heroic tr'ing
    2) Just not enough epic quest and 6 million k xp required. You need a few 100k xp quest to do, then they nerf Von3. After 6th TR I have already tired of running
    the same epic quest. it is not like doing a heroic where there were so many to do.
    3) Constantly trying to push us toward the shadowfell expansion and the screwed up way you have to run to all the quest thru a wilderness or pay shards. P2w **** again
    4) The reward for an epic tr is just too low and not worth it. 10 spell power for farming 6 million xp. Are you kidding me. random loot gives +100 spell power items.

I tried to do the epic tr thing, but it just is not as fun as i thought it would be. sigh.....
    What else would you do at end game... run quests for loot and no xp... so here you are running same quests for xp and loot and another little benefit in the epic tr feat. it's a win

6 million is a lot but remember there is another 2 million to go to lvl 30 so it won't be that bad. and more comm's are dropping with the last changes.

the reward is not the 10 spell power... it's the twist of fate after doing 12 of them = twist + 30 spell power + prr +ac + martial tr feat + hp + primal tr feat +3% aborb + arcane tr feat.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

epic tring is not grindy at all in my opinion... it takes me and some of my guildies about 3-5 days for each epic tr without buying hearts granted we play alot so double or triple that time based on play time.
    it's very easy you just do saga chains DO NOT WINDOW FARM or repeat quests over and over it's not how the game should be played not to mention it's boring as hell.
    do lod chain then c1 c2 c3 don't drink water from well, belly of the beast. then do druid curse, wheloon, stormhorns and gh in any particular order you feel comfortable with. do them on EE if you can but if it's a slow grind do them on EH for speed.
    cash in saga for lod/c1/c2/c3 but not gh or other ones repeat the lod/c1/c2/c3 probably 3 times they are the fastest and easiest to do.
    obviously you can't repeat them in the same day you have to wait for cov refresh which is when you can do the other ones.
    this should easily give you enough comms to get a heart.
    use heart do the epic reincarnation.
    at 20 go collect all your saga rewards this will start you at 21-22 depending if you use a pot. and repeat. it's not that much of a grind it's just playing the game. yes it may seem like a grind if you want it done right away... but it's designed to give you things to do in the game as you would likely be bored otherwise. you can keep all your raid flagging and at 20 you can do just about any of the raids still except the new ones so you will always be able to join guildies in doing things in epic.
    personally i love the system it's far better then the tr grind which leaves you out of the guild runs and raids while you grind up to 20 again then have to reflag for everything. though personally it takes me almost the same amount of time to go from 1-20 as it does from 20-28 but it feels more grindy 1-20 for me since I will often get left out of the loop in terms of guild groups so have to solo or pug it for more of my quests which is less fun for me these days.

Default Karma Love

I feel that Turbine has done a decent job working on this so far without over reacting either direction. With that said.

Not everyone has the time or skill to run EE content - no matter how easy it is for XX-Forum Poster. I am somewhere in the middle. I can run it, but the time, resources and group dynamics are not rewarding enough for me considered with everything I want to do in the game with multiple characters. Obviously many can run it better and have good groups of friends or very high skill and do not share my problems or opinions on it.

I spend a good amount of time in game per week. At least 10-15 hours, some weeks probably 25 hours. I enjoy my time and make an effort to keep the game enjoyable instead of a part time job.

I did one ETR where I forgot to play in that destiny tree, each life I try to go get about 1 million karma back. It would be nice if it took half this much (3 Million) that is still A LOT of playing for instance in Arcane, when you are Melee for instance. (when the level goes up to 30 - I would not mind an increase so it is still right around half.)

Comms are "Okay" and I appreciate how VIP and Ship and Potion increase them a little. When we get level 30 - maybe it will make more sense.

I really like what you did with daily bonus and ransack - I enjoy the game more because I play more of it. When your time restricted, sometimes you unconsciously make choices to suffer short term to get to your goal the fastest and suddenly you are burnt out.

So I appreciate your cautious and thoughtful changes turbine, but I think the casual yet fully committed player... could use it being just slightly easier still. And I think Karma XP really is the best place to help make it so. If we could play 27-28 at least in destiny and recharge a sphere we do not want to play in over two lives maybe, I think that would really help game enjoyment for many.
    Jeremiiah - Isaiiah - Zephaniiah - Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild

Quote Originally Posted by shadowowl View Post
    it's very easy you just do saga chains DO NOT WINDOW FARM or repeat quests over and over it's not how the game should be played not to mention it's boring as hell.
    do lod chain then c1 c2 c3 don't drink water from well, belly of the beast. then do druid curse, wheloon, stormhorns and gh in any particular order you feel comfortable with. do them on EE if you can but if it's a slow grind do them on EH for speed.
    cash in saga for lod/c1/c2/c3 but not gh or other ones repeat the lod/c1/c2/c3 probably 3 times they are the fastest and easiest to do.
    TYVM for the info.! This could be a nice change of pace for me (lod chain then c1 c2 c3 don't drink water from well, belly of the beast)

i tried and i gave up to epic tr.
    it was like i turn on computer, log in to ddo, get into my main character, check whats up in lfm, friend list and... i log out. because i could not force myself run same again. at one moment... thats it for me.
    so, after few weeks of this "etr`in" tour i just gave up. i don`t have 3 real lives to do this.
    Last edited by Lallajulia; 03-24-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    quaerite primum regnum dei.

Community Member

I find discouraging that the game moves in the direction of...even more grinding!

Seriously, I understand that there is a need to find ways to make players replay the content. However, grinding in EPICS is even worse than grinding in heroics. A lot of epics are already heroic quests re scaled.

Invest in randomization turbine!

PS - For the people posting routines of running several sagas. It is all fine for you to run in a guild because probably the game is an excuse to chat and hang out. You could be playing whatever. However, for those who play outside the guild circuit, this is PURE MADNESS. To be honest, you could play whatever stupid game with friends and have fun, that speaking nothing of how good the game is. I imagine turbine aims at providing a game entertaining on itself.
    Last edited by BigErkyKid; 03-24-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Check ddowiki for the map... If you find the camps in the wilderness, you can then teleport to them for zero cost.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

There's always time for trolling.
    I troll, when i fish for trout

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Getting from 20-24 is the real challenge, because that's where a good bit of the repetition comes from. You can enter the quests a bit under level, but realistically not everyone can do that.
    20-24 is easy if you're serious about epic TRing.. Save a few saga rewards and you can go from 20 to halfway to 22 the moment after you epic TR.

Then you can run the MoTU quest once each, and Lords of Dust chain once each, and you're 24.

Or if you're bored of those, run some of the old Eborran epics, or hit GH once you get 23 and can get your good weapons out of the bank.

20-24 is easy.

And 24-28 isn't that hard either.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast