Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71
  1. #1
    Community Member gaffneyks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    177

    Default Epic TR too grindy game no fun anymore

    Well i think this might be it for me. I had hoped that when Epic Tr came out it would revitalize the game for me.

    Unfortunately, it just seems too grindy. The game is no fun anymore for me.

    1) 4200 COV to get a epic stone. Too grindy. Using Tokens of Twelve for hearts was so much easier and better when i was heroic tr'ing
    2) Just not enough epic quest and 6 million k xp required. You need a few 100k xp quest to do, then they nerf Von3. After 6th TR I have already tired of running
    the same epic quest. it is not like doing a heroic where there were so many to do.
    3) Constantly trying to push us toward the shadowfell expansion and the screwed up way you have to run to all the quest thru a wilderness or pay shards. P2w **** again
    4) The reward for an epic tr is just too low and not worth it. 10 spell power for farming 6 million xp. Are you kidding me. random loot gives +100 spell power items.


    I tried to do the epic tr thing, but it just is not as fun as i thought it would be. sigh.....

  2. #2
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    6,798

    Default

    I haven't ERed yet, but it does look quite grindy. However:

    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    Just not enough epic quest and 6 million k xp required. You need a few 100k xp quest to do, then they nerf Von3. After 6th TR I have already tired of running
    the same epic quest. it is not like doing a heroic where there were so many to do.
    There's over 80 different Epic quests. You got tired of all of them?

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    467

    Default

    its pretty easy to get tired of them if you ran the **** out of them trying to get the abysmally low drop rate named items out of them before etr came around

  4. #4
    Community Member AzB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I haven't ERed yet, but it does look quite grindy. However:



    There's over 80 different Epic quests. You got tired of all of them?
    That's not the entire picture.

    First off, a good many of those 80 quests are for level 27 or above. Getting from 20-24 is the real challenge, because that's where a good bit of the repetition comes from. You can enter the quests a bit under level, but realistically not everyone can do that.

    Then lets' factor in the quests that just plain suck, like through a mirror. Not because it's a bad quest, I just can't watch that purple screen anymore. Once per life max, just for the saga. And even then, I might skip it.

    So you're down a bit from 80 quests for a good portion of the journey.

    Now add up all the xp from those 80 quests. It's not going to equal 6,000,000 xp. Maybe half that. So you're looking at repeating a lot of quests 3 times.

    Then, you've got those quests that have specific items for particular toons. Like my druid trying to get a leaves of the forest and wall of wood. I've run those quests so many times, on two different toons, without seeing either item that I can run them in my sleep. I'm beginning to think they don't exist. You'd think after months of chest ransack on two different toons I would have seen at least 1. I can, of course, get a heroic version of these items for completing the chain on epic. That makes sense. lol

    Now contrast this with heroic TR. I can level up without repeating very many quests. Sure, I'll do a few a couple times because they have extraordinary xp, are fun, or both. But it's not required. In fact, I've skipped entire chains. Never went into Necropolis on my bard at all. Skipped the sharn chain on my cleric, etc. And there is clear progress as you level up. This just makes it seem sooooo much less grindy.

    I won't go into the comms. Why the devs think we needed 6,000,0000 xp and 4200 comms is beyond me. One or the other would have been fine. Or at least lets us trade some of the worthless druid/cleric/pdk/villagers comms for other comms. Or just use the same kind of comms for everything and have different costs for the rewards.

  5. #5
    Community Member FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    3) Constantly trying to push us toward the shadowfell expansion and the screwed up way you have to run to all the quest thru a wilderness or pay shards. P2w **** again
    This just made me laugh... it's not a new thing http://ddowiki.com/page/Wilderness_adventure_area The shards are a handy shortcut, but it's really not that hard to get to the quests - considerably easier & shorter than many of the others at their respective levels in fact
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 03-24-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

  6. #6
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    I stopped, it's a big bucket of un-fun suckery.

    The rewards are so small, just don't bother.

    On that note . . . my playing time has dropped to about 1/10th what it used to be.

  7. #7
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    The worst part about an ETR is the loss of first time bonus XP make most quests simply not worth running.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The worst part about an ETR is the loss of first time bonus XP make most quests simply not worth running.
    Agree that this game mechanic makes leveling Epics pretty tough...

  9. #9
    Community Member Kalimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    That's not the entire picture.

    First off, a good many of those 80 quests are for level 27 or above. Getting from 20-24 is the real challenge, because that's where a good bit of the repetition comes from. You can enter the quests a bit under level, but realistically not everyone can do that.
    Im sure not trying to bust your privates here but .......how in the world can folks be having problems in epic levels? You should be able to hit 24 within a day or 2 after being 20 even if you only half way try.

    Where it does chug up some is on the ETR's it does not reset your first time bonuses so you dont get the big chunks like you would on first time and braver bonus...but hell guys, it is NOT hard. Even then its a few days more but nothing like grinds you get on some games. I dont like how rare Valor coms are..that is the hold up for me..not exp but COMMS.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I stopped, it's a big bucket of un-fun suckery.

    The rewards are so small, just don't bother.

    On that note . . . my playing time has dropped to about 1/10th what it used to be.
    If only your post count would reflect the same.

  11. #11

    Default

    It is still new--I am giving the epic TR thing some time to go through patches and tweaks before I do it. More stuff will be added, drop rates improved, etc.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

  12. #12
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gk_zone View Post
    If only your post count would reflect the same.
    There's always time for trolling.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I stopped, it's a big bucket of un-fun suckery.

    The rewards are so small, just don't bother.

    On that note . . . my playing time has dropped to about 1/10th what it used to be.
    I was going strong and having fun, then there was the triple whammy of the radiant force field proc, boulder toss nerf and the player balance thread to let me know there were more nerfs incoming. I played very little this weekend.

    Why the heck would I grind lives so I can start over because the participation ribbon class felt bad I was doing well in EE?

  14. #14
    Community Member Blackheartox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Left from Underdark
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    Well i think this might be it for me. I had hoped that when Epic Tr came out it would revitalize the game for me.

    Unfortunately, it just seems too grindy. The game is no fun anymore for me.

    1) 4200 COV to get a epic stone. Too grindy. Using Tokens of Twelve for hearts was so much easier and better when i was heroic tr'ing
    2) Just not enough epic quest and 6 million k xp required. You need a few 100k xp quest to do, then they nerf Von3. After 6th TR I have already tired of running
    the same epic quest. it is not like doing a heroic where there were so many to do.
    3) Constantly trying to push us toward the shadowfell expansion and the screwed up way you have to run to all the quest thru a wilderness or pay shards. P2w **** again
    4) The reward for an epic tr is just too low and not worth it. 10 spell power for farming 6 million xp. Are you kidding me. random loot gives +100 spell power items.


    I tried to do the epic tr thing, but it just is not as fun as i thought it would be. sigh.....
    1) you get 4200 from 20-28 quite easy, thats not the issue.
    2) you dont get to 28 with von3 alone, there is alot of quests out there, you reach after first etr 22-23 with sagas alone, so your road is from 23-28 and with sagas/high level quests/ocasional slayers or whatnot you can get to 28 fast
    3) shadofell isnt that bad, and astral p2w? takes 15 minutes to get all porters or you can ask for soulstone taxi ride
    4) noone has ever forced us to tr, etr, iconic tr. Its purely the players will to do or not do so. And over time all the benefits will sum up


    1 more thing, can i have your stuff?

  15. #15
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    I need 2.8m to cap, and I have 5k covs.
    Covs are not problem if you run ee.

  16. #16
    2014 DDO Players Council hale99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Im sure not trying to bust your privates here but .......how in the world can folks be having problems in epic levels? You should be able to hit 24 within a day or 2 after being 20 even if you only half way try.

    Where it does chug up some is on the ETR's it does not reset your first time bonuses so you dont get the big chunks like you would on first time and braver bonus...but hell guys, it is NOT hard. Even then its a few days more but nothing like grinds you get on some games. I dont like how rare Valor coms are..that is the hold up for me..not exp but COMMS.
    I'm on my 11th eTr on my main and i get where he is coming from. There are a couple issues well at least to me: #1 Your gear isn't as good as say level 23 or 25 gear, so it can be boring having to wait for the good gear. #2 Its like the Korthos grind, it sucks... especially when your use to being a level 27.

    eTring is a grind, no first time bonuses and that sucks, but its doable, however it would be nice to have first time come back when you eTr. That would make them go so much faster!


    Guild: The Riders of Apocalypse Level 200
    Killsteal is my main - Sun Elf (20 Sorc 10 Epic) (Legend - Water Savant Enchantment Spec Nuker || Completionist - Epic Completionist)
    Alts:
    Grandeene - Sun Elf (20 Flavored Soul 10 Epic) (Legend - Evocer / Light / Fire Nuker|| Completionist - Epic Completionist)

  17. #17
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Im sure not trying to bust your privates here but .......how in the world can folks be having problems in epic levels? You should be able to hit 24 within a day or 2 after being 20 even if you only half way try.

    Where it does chug up some is on the ETR's it does not reset your first time bonuses so you dont get the big chunks like you would on first time and braver bonus...but hell guys, it is NOT hard. Even then its a few days more but nothing like grinds you get on some games. I dont like how rare Valor coms are..that is the hold up for me..not exp but COMMS.
    The issue is multi-fold....having to play most of the time in a destiny that does not synergize with that of the build. Add onto that that the benefits arent needed, and that the 4200 com grind was purposely made so that it doesnt synergize with the XP grind - getting xp the quickest is not done in the same way as getting coms the quickest. Top that off with a raid that provides more increase in power than the ETR does (which I am glad for) and we can see why people would rather leave their toons at 28 than continually ETR them.

  18. #18
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I was going strong and having fun, then there was the triple whammy of the radiant force field proc, boulder toss nerf and the player balance thread to let me know there were more nerfs incoming. I played very little this weekend.

    Why the heck would I grind lives so I can start over because the participation ribbon class felt bad I was doing well in EE?
    Stop playing such an easy-button build and you won't be so worried about the balance changes :P

    In my situation is don't need XP . . . don't need cash . . . only loot I need is new raids and so 2-3 of them a night and there's rally not anything else to do in DDO if you're not after XP.

  19. #19
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Top that off with a raid that provides more increase in power than the ETR does (which I am glad for) and we can see why people would rather leave their toons at 28 than continually ETR them.
    yeah, the Thunderforged stuff is that strong. And since it's like 50 raids a toon to get equipped it might take a while.

    BUT . . . and this is a Jeniffer Lopez sized but . . . that's really the only thing there is to do at cap.

  20. #20
    Community Member arkonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    That's not the entire picture.

    First off, a good many of those 80 quests are for level 27 or above. Getting from 20-24 is the real challenge, because that's where a good bit of the repetition comes from. You can enter the quests a bit under level, but realistically not everyone can do that.

    Then lets' factor in the quests that just plain suck, like through a mirror. Not because it's a bad quest, I just can't watch that purple screen anymore. Once per life max, just for the saga. And even then, I might skip it.

    So you're down a bit from 80 quests for a good portion of the journey.

    Now add up all the xp from those 80 quests. It's not going to equal 6,000,000 xp. Maybe half that. So you're looking at repeating a lot of quests 3 times.

    Then, you've got those quests that have specific items for particular toons. Like my druid trying to get a leaves of the forest and wall of wood. I've run those quests so many times, on two different toons, without seeing either item that I can run them in my sleep. I'm beginning to think they don't exist. You'd think after months of chest ransack on two different toons I would have seen at least 1. I can, of course, get a heroic version of these items for completing the chain on epic. That makes sense. lol

    Now contrast this with heroic TR. I can level up without repeating very many quests. Sure, I'll do a few a couple times because they have extraordinary xp, are fun, or both. But it's not required. In fact, I've skipped entire chains. Never went into Necropolis on my bard at all. Skipped the sharn chain on my cleric, etc. And there is clear progress as you level up. This just makes it seem sooooo much less grindy.

    I won't go into the comms. Why the devs think we needed 6,000,0000 xp and 4200 comms is beyond me. One or the other would have been fine. Or at least lets us trade some of the worthless druid/cleric/pdk/villagers comms for other comms. Or just use the same kind of comms for everything and have different costs for the rewards.

    i dont know about you but that purple haze you hate so much seems to be much better now. you might want to go look

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload