Community Member

Default Anyone use epic skirmishers/guardians items?

Curious. My main toon doesn't have much (if any) raid gear currently, nor have i been fortunate with the seal drops to be able to upgrade some items i would like yet. Was looking at the lv 27+ skirmisher/guardian items. Does anyone use these end game? How do they hold up in eh/ee content?

Giuardian's ring is best in slot for pretty much all characters.
    24PRR is so much more than any other item. coupled with a yello and 8 str. great.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    24PRR is so much more than any other item. coupled with a yello and 8 str. great.
    The 24 PRR is nice but I can't justify giving up a ring slot just for the PRR. Besides, epic elite mobs laugh at 24 prr.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Even just an augment would get you 16 PRR, I wouldn't stress much about the extra 8 from the ring.

If defenses are your thing, time to upgrade anyways: Dumathoin's Bracers

I like the Skirmisher's Ring, it's around 5 damage a hit I guess. Guardian's Bracers is okay for Riposte IX (specifically for the Parrying part, +4 Insight Saves), but Bracers of the Sun Soul can work well for that too, particularly if you don't have Insightful Con somewhere else.

Community Member

I like both the rings, but I'm hesitant to lose my manslayer. Though recently I got an improved vorpal weapon, so maybe it wouldn't be a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Curious. My main toon doesn't have much (if any) raid gear currently, nor have i been fortunate with the seal drops to be able to upgrade some items i would like yet. Was looking at the lv 27+ skirmisher/guardian items. Does anyone use these end game? How do they hold up in eh/ee content?
    Whatever gear you already have is likely to be much more useful than any gear you've yet to aquire...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Skirm. Bracers on Cetus build, yes. Haven't looked to see what upgrade makes sense...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Skirmisher's bracers on my melee toon. But that Dumathoin's bracers will replace it if I ever get a pair.

Have to find somewhere else to get the doublestrike though.