Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    That's true, but it still seems to be working as intended in terms of description, just seems out of whack that it even has a different name.
    I think it's good that one can reduce the cost of spells with the right setup. You still have to use an augment slot and spend the AP to be able to use it. I thought this was being discussed because it was not working as decsribed. If its working as described then the only concern is that its powerful and considering some of the other new effects available in Thunderforged crafting I don't think its that far out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    I think it's good that one can reduce the cost of spells with the right setup. You still have to use an augment slot and spend the AP to be able to use it. I thought this was being discussed because it was not working as decsribed. If its working as described then the only concern is that its powerful and considering some of the other new effects available in Thunderforged crafting I don't think its that far out of line.
    maybe turbine didn't consider properly the effects that their WAI item bonuses would offer. that's not an exploit that's just bad game design. something that should be changed by taking it up with the devs imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    maybe turbine didn't consider properly the effects that their WAI item bonuses would offer. that's not an exploit that's just bad game design. something that should be changed by taking it up with the devs imo.
    I never said it was an exploit or that it should be changed. I said I thought it was good and not out of line with the other new effects! Quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    I never said it was an exploit or that it should be changed. I said I thought it was good and not out of line with the other new effects! Quite the opposite.
    sorry shouldn't have quoted you. was responding to someone else.

Hey ishr.
    It would appear that you didn't count my run in Break in the Ice, still shows as none in the op, was this just a mistake or are you not planning to post any pre-u21.1 records made by sorcerers due to the scroll mastery glitch?
    Also, in The Thrill of the Hunt, you added 3 minutes to my run for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Minrothad View Post
    Hey ishr.
    It would appear that you didn't count my run in Break in the Ice, still shows as none in the op, was this just a mistake or are you not planning to post any pre-u21.1 records made by sorcerers due to the scroll mastery glitch?
    Also, in The Thrill of the Hunt, you added 3 minutes to my run for some reason.
    Wizard EK SM had the same bug.

Is it Now possible to post group Raids completion? Have they fixed eldritch scroll mastery and the neg lvl Weapon bug so we can go back to screenshot based submissions? I heard they did fix that stuff
    Or do we have to have at least a video of one Member of the raid ?
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

I think the video requirement should be kept for records even if the current known major exploits is/has-been patched. In part because you never know when new exploits will be found but more importantly the community can see the techniques used as I think that helps everyone. The Guinness record book requires monitoring during the records these days so I don't see that kind of requirement as out of line.

I am not sure how this translates for Parties or Raids because if only one person in the party/raid submits a video others in separate sub-groups can be exploiting. If the majority voted to make all 6/12 people submit videos I would support that but frankly it may not be very practical. A compromise would be to require at least one video on every submission and for parties/raids trust there is no shenanigans behind the scenes.

Also, a request from the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Could we create a sub-section with a restriction on audience with the queen? I'm interesting in this thread and competing, but not if it's going to be about re-entering 20 times until you get joy. There literally isn't any other build that can compete with a caster with joy.
    a good thought, although it's hard for us to keep track of the discussion here between all the postings and congrats. could you take it over here instead?
    I support that IF the maintainer of the record thread has the time/ability to break that info out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stinging_Bee View Post
    Is it Now possible to post group Raids completion? Have they fixed eldritch scroll mastery and the neg lvl Weapon bug so we can go back to screenshot based submissions? I heard they did fix that stuff
    Or do we have to have at least a video of one Member of the raid ?
    Not sure if it counts as a bug or not but I'll assume it is and that's in fire on thunder peak. You can destroy the artifact without having to wait 5-6 rounds. So there still is bugs surrounding completions but there always will be. But, they fixed scroll mastery, not sure about neg level weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    Also, a request from the other thread:
    I support that IF the maintainer of the record thread has the time/ability to break that info out.
    I definitely can handle something like this, and I think it is something worth pursuing. I agree that fishing for joy to crush a record, while it's an impressive achievement, it is not a realistic way of playing the game (you cant just step out of a quest and fish for joy before an endfight, or make a party wait while you repeatedly run-up and re-enter a wilderness quest). I have just been thinking about how best to apply a solution, and was thinking that we will probably leave it alone for the party runs, but apply a tracking for non-shiradi to the solo runs? We should still properly recognize all comers (including shiradi) as technical first placers (to account for instances where someone fairly entered the quest and just happened to get joy on her first tea), but maybe have recognition with an asterix for 2nd placers who are non-shiradi?
    Last edited by ishr; 04-22-2014 at 05:45 AM.

I definitely can handle something like this, and I think it is something worth pursuing. I agree that fishing for joy to crush a record, while it's an impressive achievement, it is not a realistic way of playing the game (you cant just step out of a quest and fish for joy before an endfight, or make a party wait while you repeatedly run-up and re-enter a wilderness quest). I have just been thinking about how best to apply a solution, and was thinking that we will probably leave it alone for the party runs, but apply a tracking for non-shiradi to the solo runs? We should still properly recognize all comers (including shiradi) as technical first placers (to account for instances where someone fairly entered the quest and just happened to get joy on her first tea), but maybe have recognition with an asterix for 2nd placers who are non-shiradi?
    Makes sense to me and should work if you only list the top joy and no-joy entries. If you ever list the top 3 total times you may end up with an all joy list however so maybe just the fastest joy (with an *) and the fastest no-joy makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    Makes sense to me and should work if you only list the top joy and no-joy entries. If you ever list the top 3 total times you may end up with an all joy list however so maybe just the fastest joy (with an *) and the fastest no-joy makes the most sense.
    thanks, just a refinement, i was thinking of doing the following

fastest (no restrictions and no markings), and then fastest non-joy with a marking (if the fastest is a joy)

i feel like it's unfair to give asterix to joy runs, because what if someone randomly popped a joy just by chance... or what if it's a long quest and they happened to get joy halfway through, we can't just assume all joy runs were fished, even if it is a good assumption.

If we are considering sub-categories, it may be in the best interest of getting more people involved in running speedruns if we allowed distinctions between "melee", "ranged", and "caster". This would provide an incentive for others to try to set a record in a quest that is currently locked up due to favoring a certain build. Basically, have one master record for fastest time overall and then list three sub-records for each quest, with those times being held by someone that is primarily melee, ranged, or caster. Video confirmation of playstyle would probably be best, of course.
    Frets warchanter ¤ Haemorrhage reaper killer ¤ Humbucking mechanic ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Thwart tree ¤ Incise fury-shuri ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LawfulGood View Post
    If we are considering sub-categories, it may be in the best interest of getting more people involved in running speedruns if we allowed distinctions between "melee", "ranged", and "caster". This would provide an incentive for others to try to set a record in a quest that is currently locked up due to favoring a certain build. Basically, have one master record for fastest time overall and then list three sub-records for each quest, with those times being held by someone that is primarily melee, ranged, or caster. Video confirmation of playstyle would probably be best, of course.
    Totally against any subcategory. And fishing for joy is ok. We don't need battles for second places. Also in other quests someone could come up with a non furyshot and non masterblitz speed run etc etc.
    Leave it like it is now and please state clear if group entries are accepted again
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

Quote Originally Posted by LawfulGood View Post
    More options for participation sound good. I think more information is good as long as someone feels they can step up to keep up with it all. That being said, you may have some builds like Cetus who are melee but certainly has a strong ranged option but I guess you could put it under melee as that is the main focus but he can certainly put out a strong ManyShot when warranted...

Quote Originally Posted by Aviya View Post
    Totally against any subcategory. And fishing for joy is ok. We don't need battles for second places. Also in other quests someone could come up with a non furyshot and non masterblitz speed run etc etc.
    Leave it like it is now and please state clear if group entries are accepted again
    I'm not looking at it as battles for second place. To use a baseball analogy, it's a battle for the top of the NL Central, and not for the World Series championship. Everyone tries for the top spot in their division, but the person with the best record is recognized as the best of the best.
    Frets warchanter ¤ Haemorrhage reaper killer ¤ Humbucking mechanic ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Thwart tree ¤ Incise fury-shuri ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

group entries are being accepted again, as per the main thread, sorry if that wasn't clear.

as with the new policy, anyone found to be cheating will have all prior records erased and all future records ineligible. not the best solution but hopefully enough deterrent to prevent people from bothering with cheating.

The proposal being discussed is not to ban joy or discount joy or put an asterix next to joy. Joy runs will remain as is. There will instead be an indication denoting 2nd place non-joy runs.

Community Member

group entries are being accepted again, as per the main thread, sorry if that wasn't clear.

as with the new policy, anyone found to be cheating will have all prior records erased and all future records ineligible. not the best solution but hopefully enough deterrent to prevent people from bothering with cheating.
    Thanks for the clarification.

The proposal being discussed is not to ban joy or discount joy or put an asterix next to joy. Joy runs will remain as is. There will instead be an indication denoting 2nd place non-joy runs.

Don't like it... what next? 3rd place for non blitz runs???
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

So you just accept that in some quests you will have no chance unless you use Joy?
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

I don't like the idea of subcategories.
    There's always an ideal build for every quest.

Shiradi with joy is obviously strong for every quest in the 1-10 minutes range.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast