I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Default Shadowscale Armor proc... why?!?

"From the Shadows: On being missed in Combat: chance to deal 10-60 Negative Damage to the Attacker"

I just don't understand this... an armor that has some useful things for the new endgame content (130% Fort, Deathblock for the Deathward debuffing Shadow Dragon, Ghostly)... but it deals 10-60 negative damage when missed in combat... The new content is Undead-heavy, Ghostly gives 10% miss chance, and the negative energy proc is healing the undead mobs? So, the armor gives you a chance to be missed in combat, but that miss will heal the mob?

So, every time an undead mob misses my Displaced Bard (50% miss chance), they get healed?

~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

That's kind of funny.
    A Dm with a sense of humor. Think of it as a gift for Epic 3barrel cove
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

My theory is that as time goes on, in order to keep from enraging the playerbase once 30 becomes cap, they're going to diversify the systems, rather than keep upscaling them. So this system is negative energy armor, and neg-energy + fire weapons. Next time they roll out a raid crafting system, maybe it'll be Lightning and Ice, themed around Storm Giants. Then, in the raid that makes all the melees cry, we'll face a full-scale Avatar of Jubilex and his new ally, Ghuanadar. The replacement for all the weapons destroyed fighting them will be Acid and Positive energy stuff.

Community Member

Hi,

The glass is half full, my friend. Just think how easy this armour will make running kobold assault on your epic level characters. You will be the king of low level content.

More seriously, the negative damage might help certain aggro magnet builds keep the mobs where they are wanted. But no, it's not a very useful effect in the Thunderholme slayer area.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

That will totally break PvP! Imagine all those PMs missing you with their low attack bonus, getting healed!

On a more serious note: It's bad against undead, as are the negative procs from the weapons. But it kind of equals out against all the stuff that gets damaged by negative energy. I think this is fine as it is.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    That's kind of funny.
    A Dm with a sense of humor. Think of it as a gift for Epic 3barrel cove
    I thought the Necklace of Missing Eidolons summon was funny, especially given the Shadow Dragon end fight.

3BC is my least favourite pack... I hate pirates. The only way I'm running it is if they put in some +12 WIS, +7 Evocation DC, +15 saves item with eight rainbow-assorted slots. That ****s out +8 tomes when hit. And has a 20 minute long Displacement clicky. Item also increases run speed by an additional 500%, Cleric only, no UMD.
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Well the armour comes from the scales of an undead shadow dragon, negative energy makes perfect sense.
    Since the impact isn't too big and you absolutely know which monster gets affected in which way i much prefer making sense lore/flavor wise to max efficiency in the new content.

I mean imagine a shadow scale armour doing light damage :P

Another thing I noticed. Deathblock on random gen armor has tiers which grant the wearer X% Negative Energy Absorption. The Deathblock on the Shadowscale Armor does not carry any absorption. Why does the deathblock on random loot grant an absorption bonus, while named armor does not.

I'm sorry... of all the things to get peeved about, I had to pick this, but it really bothers me.
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

I really have a hard time understanding folks at times. When I read the description of the armor, and saw "XXX negative energy damage" I immediately thought this was bad for fighting undead.. Great for other content.. really great, but really bad for undead content.

My death aura does negative energy damage and heals undead. Why would anyone think this would behave otherwise?

The fire armor isn't gonna heal fire dragons, etc.. but they will be immune to the damage most likely.. however, the negative damage will hurt them.

This all seems logical to me.. in the game settings that is! It's consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardes View Post
    I really have a hard time understanding folks at times. When I read the description of the armor, and saw "XXX negative energy damage" I immediately thought this was bad for fighting undead.. Great for other content.. really great, but really bad for undead content.

My death aura does negative energy damage and heals undead. Why would anyone think this would behave otherwise?

The fire armor isn't gonna heal fire dragons, etc.. but they will be immune to the damage most likely.. however, the negative damage will hurt them.

This all seems logical to me.. in the game settings that is! It's consistent.
    Actually, it's being fixed in a future update. Thanks, DocOc!

As to why I would think otherwise... I play a lot of Clerics. When I was playing around with Inflict spells, the tooltip says that it inflicts negative energy damage on mobs, and acts as a cure on undead allies. I tested it (although it may have changed, this was a while ago), and it did not heal undead mobs. I have not played with the Negative Energy SLAs from Divine Disciple. So, my experience as a Cleric is different than yours as a Pale Master.
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    As to why I would think otherwise... I play a lot of Clerics. When I was playing around with Inflict spells, the tooltip says that it inflicts negative energy damage on mobs, and acts as a cure on undead allies. I tested it (although it may have changed, this was a while ago), and it did not heal undead mobs. I have not played with the Negative Energy SLAs from Divine Disciple. So, my experience as a Cleric is different than yours as a Pale Master.
    As a divine I always memorize an inflict spell and / or Harm to help out pale masters in the group. I've never tried it on an NPC though. My experience of the death aura is the same, it does heal undead.