Below is a list of some of the Known Issues that we are aware of, and below that are features that are Working as Intended but may cause confusion. Should you come across any of these issues, there is no need to submit a bug report unless otherwise noted. For more information about bug reporting, click here!
Current Known Issues (9-30-2015) Of Special Note:
- NEW: The Night Revels:
- The experience is set too high for the dungeons, and will be reduced.
- The final cost has not been set for all items.
- Vampires are currently not undead.
- Some exit waypoints are mis-labeled.
- Dungeons will be available at a slightly higher level for capped players than is currently listed.
- The Lich in the Snitch will have preventative measures to prevent gawkers on roofs.
- The quest entrance UI does not currently list the quest-specific ingredients under Rewards.
- Characters do not exit dungeons into the same level band of Delera's Graveyard that they entered the quest in.
- Pumpkin and Skull Grenades and Potions of the Party ****er are not currently available in the item Barter UI.
- Attempting to enter a quest without a kay displays an incorrect message that you need to own the challenge pack. The quests will not need to be purchased.
- The Delighter's Docent is not Bound to Account, but should be.
- Lasting Night Revels keys available in the Lamannia DDO Store say they will eventually disappear, but this is inaccurate.
- Spooky Augments say they are +6 in some places, but should say +2.
- The doorway to Haverdashed says "The Marketplace".
- It is possible to set a recipe to repeat and expend materials on a recipe even when additional crafting produces no benefit when using the new multiple turn-in UI in a Barter UI. For example, it is possible to upgrade a Thunder-forged weapon to Tier 2 multiple times if you set your multiple turn-in box above 1. Please do not craft multiple items using the multiple turn-in box unless creating more than one item produces a beneficial result until we get this issue fixed.
- Airship interior trim dyes do not work on some airships.
- The First Mate does not allow players to deposit platinum or other coinage (but does allow players to deposit Astral Shards.)
- Placing the Trapsmith's Workshop can block a hookpoint on some airships.
- The Kobold Island: Short Cuts optional objective "Kill 5 Orthon Lieutenants" is not able to be completed.
- While continuously firing Eldritch Blast projectiles, the vertical angle sometimes does not update as quickly as player can target, resulting in the blast firing in the direction of the previous aiming.
- Arcane Spell Failure incorrectly fails to apply to basic attack forms of Eldritch Blast.
- Eldritch Cone's affected area does not match the visual effects.
- Eldritch Chain visual effects do not fully represent active Pact feats.
DDO Game Launcher:
- The French and German language game client is no longer supported. Please use our supported game client to avoid certain UI issues.
- When trying to launch the game client, make sure to use TurbineLauncher.exe (located in your DDO installation folder), and make sure to shortcut the TurbineLauncher (instead of the dndlauncher or other .exe's!)
- Mac Game Client Issues:
- Mac users utilizing the "Install, then play" DDO launcher option will encounter an message stating a "disk image" error when launching the game client. This error does not impact the ability to patch the game or play DDO.
- Players using the Mac client may receive the message "dndclient quit unexpectedly" when quitting the game through any method.
- Players using the Mac client are not able to adjust their Brightness, Contrast and Gamma levels.
- NEW: Ranger Tempest: Some abilities have incorrect level requirements.
- NEW: Ranger Deepwood Stalker: Improved Weapon Finesse - Dexterity to Damage does not work correctly with thrown weapons.
- The Monk Henshin Mystic's "Every Light Casts a Shadow" negative level benefit can affect hirelings, pets, and other players.
- The Swashbuckler stance is not applying its +1 Critical multiplier to thrown weapons.
- The Kensei Agility enhancement's tool tip displays incorrect information when taken or reset until the character logs out and then logs back into the game.
- The Deepwood Stalker enhancement "Improved Weapon Finesse" is not applying to Unarmed attacks or Handwraps.
- Shintao: the light based moves do not build up to finishing moves.
- The Paladin's Improved Dilettante does not add up to three points of the character's Charisma bonus to increased Saving Throws.
- Divine Grace is not currently limiting its saving throw benefit based on Paladin level. This change will be done for a future game update.
- Epic Feats do not list their Pre-Requisites.
Guilds & Airships:
- After a sudden server restart, it can take up to an hour for pre-Update 22 "old" guild airship amenities to repopulate. No action is needed for the amenities to reappear, but placing amenities in the empty hook points can cause amenities to be overwritten when they repopulate.
- The Druidic Survival Mastery from Hide of the Fallen only applies if the item is initially equipped after going into Wild Shape. Equipping the item, then going into Wild Shape, is erroneously failing to provide the benefit.
- Shining Crescents currently benefit from Single Weapon Fighting feats, even though it is a two-handed weapon. This will be fixed in a future update.
- Attempting to use a Key to the City - Eveningstar from a Veteran Status airship (Heart of Wind) or Reincarnation Grove will prevent your character from being able to return to the Heart of Wind or Grove. Please do not do this!
- Older versions of the Libram of Silver Magic are not updating correctly if they were stored in a bank or TR cache when Update 22 was released. Players affected by this should contact Customer Service for assistance.
- The Quiver of Poison's poison damage does not appear in the combat log.
- The Treads of Falling Shadow's Ghostly effect does not bypass incorporeal creatures.
- The Lantern Ring's Radiant Glory effect has an incorrect tooltip. The description should read, "On Harmful Spellcast: Do an additional 2 to 12 Light damage. This effect scales with Light Spell Power. Cooldown: 1 second." The upgraded version should read, "On Harmful Spellcast: Do an additional 3 to 18 Light damage. This effect scales with Light Spell Power. Cooldown: 1 second."
- Players purchasing the newest edition of the Monster Manual need to log out, then log back in, after the purchase in order for their account to be refreshed.
- Devil's Gambit
- Tavern Brawl
- NEW: Divine Crusader's Consecration can cause the the quest to become incompletable. Players should not use this ability in the quest for now.
- It is possible to accidentally click on the Gianthold portal rather than the Gianthold wilderness area when attempting to enter the Gianthold wilderness zone
- House Cannith
- Secrets of the Artificers
- Warforged are missing their death animations.
- Orchard of the Macabre
- Ghosts of Perdition
- The two brothers' hit points are too low on Epic Elite.
- Sentinels of Stormreach
- Spies in the House
- Completing Spies in the House while running the Sentinels quest chain will cause Taggart d'Deneith to not grant an end reward list for completing the quest chain.
- Three Barrel Cove
- The Heroic Saga timer for the Three Barrel Cove quest arc is incorrectly set to be repeatable every four days instead of every three days.
- Precious Cargo
- Ranged attacks against moving airships will miss unless the attack targets and hits the center of the airship.
- There is a typo in Thela Bonmar's dialogue after players defeat Aurgolroasa.
- Pressing the "use" button too quickly may cause a mirror to not reflect light properly until the mirror is spun around again.
- Vale of Twilight
- Valairea Satnerine's tutorial quest for the Altar of Fecundity doesn't check for items inside bags. As long as the items she wants are outside the bags, she will take them.
- It is not possible to hide the Dragonmark on a Half-orc.
- It is possible for items to erroneously appear above or underneath other items in your first few inventory slots following a Lesser or Epic Reincarnation, making it appear that an item disappeared. Moving your inventory slots around can uncover these items.
- The Lesser Reincarnation UI does not state that the account-level 32-Point Build option is required in order to upgrade a character to 32-points when using a Lesser Reincarnation.
- If you do not have an ingredient in your Shared Bank - Crafting Storage when you first open a Barter UI, then put the ingredients in your Shared Bank - Crafting Storage, then return to the Barter UI, the crafting ingredients will not populate into the UI until you log out and then back in. This only happens for the first time you add an ingredient to the Shared Bank - Crafting Storage.
- The Social Panel does not display the names of party members in the LFM panel until the Who tab loads the names of characters on the server first. To see LFM names, please select the Who panel, then allow the name list to populate.
- Items placed in the Shared Bank prior to the release of Update 24 are not able to be located through the Search function of the bank until the items are returned to your inventory, then placed back into the Shared Bank.
- Quest Optional Objective text no longer lists monster names.
- Festival Cookies will not go into the Bag Deposit Box.
- Spell Critical effects sometimes post messages to the Combat Log about bonuses not stacking for effect types they do not actually provide.
- The word "Dodge" is used instead of "Spell Resistance" when a monster makes a Spell Resistance saving throw.
- The Founder's Fountain in the Harbor displays only a black screen when clicked on.
- The Challenge Rules button displays only a black window when selected.
- If a player dies and checks the "Do Not Show" option in the "You Are Dead" UI box, then resets hints, the "Do Not Show" check box remains checked the next time the "You Are Dead" box appears.
- NPCs that have been turned to stone still move in the Focus Orb.
- Some ambient audio noises fail to clear up when changing instances/leaving the area, and persist in other areas of the game when they should not.
- In Dx11, some ground textures appear black, particularly if using the "Low" setting. This can be corrected by turning on Multi-Pass Lighting in the graphics settings, or by increasing the display quality above "Low".
- Artificer Iron Defender Modules appear under the Handwraps section of the Auction House.
WORKING AS INTENDED
Of Special Note:
- Monster Manual and Wilderness Area slayer counts do not update until a player logs out and then logs back in. This change was made to improve game performance.
- If you are downgrading from a VIP account, any characters of a premium race and/or class that you have not purchased with Turbine Points or unlocked with favor must be purchased/unlocked before you will be able to access the character as a free or premium player. Example: If you downgrade and select a warforged monk, you will need to purchase monk and warforged before you'll be able to play the character.
- Remember that if you take Jeets offer to skip the tutorial you will be advanced ahead in the storyline of Korthos. In order to group with friends who have not yet unlocked the ability to skip the tutorial, decline Jeets offer to skip ahead and complete the grotto tutorial instance. This will allow you to enter the snowy version of Korthos village to group with other players in that part of the story!
- Once Favored Soul or Drow is unlocked with favor points, it is still accessible in the DDO Store. This is by design, as purchase in the store will grant Favored Soul or Drow access to your account for all servers, while favor unlocking is per-server only.
- Viewing the Store before you login a character will only display account level character purchase items. To see a full list of items available to your character, log in the character.
- The DDO Store's automatic filtering does not recognize feats or enhancements that allow you to overcome prerequisites for some items. This can result in the Store blocking some items from appearing in your catalog because the store doesn't think you are able to use the items. To see and be able to purchase these items, turn off filtering.
- You must close and reopen the DDO Store to purchase each upgrade of the Shared Bank: Platinum Vault.
- It is not possible to have more than three classes during a reincarnation, and the reincarnation system remembers how many classes you had prior to the start of the reincarnation process. Therefore, some players may experience issues that prevent them from taking a "fourth" class, particularly if they are a three-class multiclass and want to swap out one of the classes for a different class.