Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Update 21 Patch 1

Hey folks!

We've brought Lamannia online with the first build of U21 Patch 1.

Feel free to check out the Divine Crusader and the changes done to the rest of the Divine Sphere Epic Destinies!

As always, if it seems broken, bug it!

Release notes can be found here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...dated-3-20-14)

Known issues here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...dated-3-20-14)
    Last edited by KookieKobold; 03-20-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Added release notes and known issues

Community Member

Thanks!

Can't wait to see notes/changes. Will update client when i get home

why is it that im more excited about Boulder Toss than anything else in the notes?

PvP
    Players above level 20 can now enter PvP Arena instances (Capture the Flag and Deathmatch arenas.)
    wait what?! Where did this come from? PVP?

As in....NEW PvP areas?

Or has there always been Capture the Flag?

Not sure how I feel about this if it's new.
    Last edited by fool101; 03-20-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Hero

Why is the Libram fix not retroactive? You realize people use quite a bit of shards (REAL MONEY) rerolling the chests to get this item?

I can understand it if it was buffed from the original stated release, but it was not put in correctly BY YOU TURBINE. Now you going to punish us for rerolling with money by saying too bad your SOL? We messed up but you have to deal.

Pathetic.

Community Member

I wish there would have been an actual working link to download the Lamannia client.

Quote Originally Posted by fool101 View Post
    wait what?! Where did this come from? PVP?

As in....NEW PvP areas?

Or has there always been Capture the Flag?

Not sure how I feel about this if it's new.
    Not new, been there a long time, but few use it.

It can be a fun guild event. Back when you could actually fill 12 man groups.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Why is the Libram fix not retroactive? You realize people use quite a bit of shards (REAL MONEY) rerolling the chests to get this item?

I can understand it if it was buffed from the original stated release, but it was not put in correctly BY YOU TURBINE. Now you going to punish us for rerolling with money by saying too bad your SOL? We messed up but you have to deal.

Pathetic.
    I could say the same thing about everything else in the game that doesn't work properly. this one item shouldn't be given special treatment because you say there are people re-rolling chests for an item not working properly. that I think is pathetic.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I could say the same thing about everything else in the game that doesn't work properly. this one item shouldn't be given special treatment because you say there are people re-rolling chests for an item not working properly. that I think is pathetic.
    No I agree, this one is just the one that put the cherry on top for me.

King's Forest

Former Neighbors now correctly gives two Commendations of Heroism on completion.
    0_o that has to be a typo.

Community Member

You fixed the spell power on thunderforged which is cool, but what about the +2 dc's not stacking. At least I didn't see anything on it.

Community Member

Default New Download Link?

Excellent that the Lamannia server is open again. However, I was hoping the new download link would have been available by now. Is there an ETA?

Thanks!

Fury of the Wild
    • Boulder Toss is no longer considered a spell (which means that it can be used in an Antimagic Field), and no longer benefits from Spell Power. The damage has been increased.
    Awwww, sad panda.

Does the poor man's boulder toss, that dagger throw thing in shirardi, still use spell power?

Community Member

Default No Card Auctioning?

Classic D&D Cards can no longer be placed into the Auction Houses.
    Will we ever be able to sell the cards through the auction houses?

Community Member

Default DM Voice Volume Fix?

I don't see any fix listed for the mix of deafening vs. normal DM voice volumes in Haunted Halls (and possibly other quests).

Any idea when this might be fixed?

Nothing about the instance halting minutes of lag that monsters (mostly shadows) in the raids (mostly Deathwyrm) can cause even when there is no DA shown - maybe the DA is sneaking.

Also nothing about Phlogistons giving at least 1 guaranteed drop per raid run. I thought we already complained enough about 0 Comms back in the CitW days and the devs responded correctly with FoT Comm drop rates. Why make the mistake again??? And yes, I'm one of the 5 raid runs (4EH, 1EN) and only one Phlogiston of either type people. Hence I think this mechanic stinks like diseased sewer Kobold. Bump up the number required to 40 instead of 30 for tier 3 if that's what it takes to have a guaranteed drop. Also didn't see any drops of 2 in EH for the people that got them - though maybe I just missed those as my brain was hurting from the complete lack of any on my screen.

Thanks for the other fixes. Know I'm gonna be sad about Divine Wrath though. Maybe the new Bolt SLA will be so excellent I can forgive the nerfing of the ED's main ability.
    Last edited by Gratch; 03-20-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Awwww, sad panda.

Does the poor man's boulder toss, that dagger throw thing in shirardi, still use spell power?
    Wild shots does, which means it now out damages boulder toss on average.

Boulder toss is now 20d100 which is about 10d100 with 100 spell power. Most force casters have over 300 easily. And that doesn't count crits.

I'm not impressed with divine crusader as a caster. There simply is not enough to spend points on as a caster. Ironically, consecrate is in the running to replace toss boulder. Boulder is still not bad, but I will have to try stuff out to see. I will miss the occasional 5 digit crit.

In exalted angel, the nerf to divine wrath was not too bad. The recast went to 20 seconds which is better than I expected. The sunbolt sla was fun. I think some people will enjoy the destiny.

Still nothing, not even an acknowledgement in the known issues, that Wyrmic Focus isn't properly stacking.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5283415
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Please-Respond

Should we assume that this is not going to be fixed in patch 1 and not craft it anytime soon? Even a vague yes or no answer would be hugely helpful to all DC-based casters.
    Last edited by Portalcat; 03-20-2014 at 06:47 PM.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

DM voice. Fix it. Seriously, this isn't rocket science.

LOVE the new changes to divine destinies. I can't wait to play around with sentinel.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I would love to jump on and try the changes, however it says Lam is down. Can anyone else confirm? 8:52 pm pacific.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast