Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Colors of The Queen has been Ghostbaned

Turbine has taken the coolest epic past life feat and turned it into the worst. Seems now it procs radiant forcefield on enemies 95% of the time.

Good job.

Please don't post in the this thread some excuse like coding is hard. There's been 2 emergency fixes in the past 2 weeks alone, they are capable of fixing it, but they are even more capable of making some BS excuse why they won't.

I agree that it does seem to proc radiant forcefield quite often on the enemies...

Which is exactly the OPPOSITE of why I ground out 6 million in epic xp and 4,200 commendations.
    The intent was to make the enemies easier to kill, not harder.

I am very glad I only took this once.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

I would like it dialed back... but outside a raid or an EE boss mob with >200k hp, I'm not really worried about radiant forcefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I would like it dialed back... but outside a raid or an EE boss mob with >200k hp, I'm not really worried about radiant forcefield.
    But you are worried about adrenaline then.

2015 DDO Players Council Daerius of the Blessed Blades's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Exactly. Miior in Haunted Halls on EE is problem enough without buffing her. It proc's WAY too much - this can't be working as intended.
    Founder & Guild Leader, The Circle of Night (Ghallanda): Daerius (FvS), Branwynn (Brd), Fahrn (Pal), Khrandok (Bbn), et. al.The Circle of Night on Ghallanda recruits "uncommon men and women" to our guild ranks. Only mildly elite. Inquire Within...

On what build types are you guys seeing this happen on? Does Radiant Forcefield happen when spamming magic missle? AA builds seeing this? How about melee builds? What other effects trigger besides forcefield if any?
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

My AA has 3X colors, it procing force field all the time!
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

What I don't get is that Epic Red Bosses are pretty much immune to almost *everything*, but they see a radiant force field coming their way and they just smile. Wouldn't *all* effects have a DC check?
    Farog on Khyber

My wiz also has it 3 times and although its a pain I don't have a problem. Also for me its under 20% I would guess that it procs but on the other hand Grease has only proced once since the update

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    On what build types are you guys seeing this happen on? Does Radiant Forcefield happen when spamming magic missle? AA builds seeing this? How about melee builds? What other effects trigger besides forcefield if any?
    AA build, adrenaline procs too, reason why I turned colors off for now.

I get it a lot on my fvs shoulder Cannon. If i'm playing in shiradi and have colors going it is pretty constant. Other effects are the usual. Knock the enemy down, The odd comet fall or elemental damage. I have it on a alt i just tr'd as well who melee's. He has not seen it as often but still once or twice every quest. But gosh darned my fvs is literally a constant force field spammer now. Seems to proc a ton on Lantern archon light bursts.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Okay so you are shooting, casting a spell, or swinging a greatsword. Colors goes off and hits your target with Radiant Forcefield. Are they subsequently immune to all damage sources/types for a given period of time, or just certain types of damage?
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Okay so you are shooting, casting a spell, or swinging a greatsword. Colors goes off and hits your target with Radiant Forcefield. Are they subsequently immune to all damage sources/types for a given period of time, or just certain types of damage?
    From wiki: Your Target is surrounded in a sphere of magical force that reduces all damage (except for untyped damage) they take by 25% for a short period of time. (22seconds)
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    But you are worried about adrenaline then.
    Outside those same two cases, it has not been something I worry about. It may just be I have been lucky so far. I'm not a melee toon though, and those who play melee toons do not need one more extra challenge. When I stated that melee needs a boost, I meant player melee, not mob melee!! so this was not the right boost!

Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    From wiki: Your Target is surrounded in a sphere of magical force that reduces all damage (except for untyped damage) they take by 25% for a short period of time. (22seconds)
    So it is damage reduction for everything? A 25% hit does not seem like a lot. And untyped damage spells include: Horrid Wilting, Disintegrate, Blade Barrier, Ice Storm, Banishment, Implosion, and Meteor Swarm.

This sounds like melees are stuck with a 25% reduction to damage for a small amount of time, which might or might not matter depending on your damage output.
    Last edited by Grimlock; 03-20-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

At least Im not getting killed by friendly fire anymore.

I would rather it proc in this manner over when I was getting insta killed in groups.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

So it is damage reduction for everything? A 25% hit does not seem like a lot. And untyped damage spells include: Horrid Wilting, Disintegrate, Blade Barrier, Ice Storm, Banishment, Implosion, and Meteor Swarm.

This sounds like melees are stuck with a 25% reduction to damage for a small amount of time, which might or might not matter depending on your damage output.
    It matters. Saw it proc on a few mobs last night in Servants. 25% made a noticeable difference in my DPS plus I saw yellow numbers.

Community Member

Default procs on errrrr thang

I procced it twice on arritrikos on my monk, and all the time on my ranged toon. don't know about shiradi, i haven't gotten around to leveling her yet.

Pure Fvs spamming light spells, sonic spell, magic missiles (past life) and swinging a sword.

I've seen it happen on other people's builds in pugs as well.

The forcefield seems to reduce all of my damage, regardless of type.

Yes, I have seen a few other random damage numbers proc, but the Radiant Forcefield is by far the most common.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by macadope View Post
    Turbine has taken the coolest epic past life feat and turned it into the worst. Seems now it procs radiant forcefield on enemies 95% of the time.

Good job.

Please don't post in the this thread some excuse like coding is hard. There's been 2 emergency fixes in the past 2 weeks alone, they are capable of fixing it, but they are even more capable of making some BS excuse why they won't.
    Now I understand why I see that stupid thing so often.

Meh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast