Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We apologize, but the Festival of the Traveler has been disabled, and will return at a later time. Unfortunately, one of the items was being given out in an unintended quantity, and another item was not being given out enough. We'll be looking to make improvements in the festival's loot table for it's return.
    Unfortunately, the way it was turned off meant that tokens were wasted for some people. I was in the middle of a run when it was disabled so the eggs disappeared and Taj would not even give me anything for the meager aura I managed to get. It only amounts to about 17 TP wasted but still....
    Last edited by ahpook; 03-21-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    I just turned in a blessing with an ultimate run and received 10 Sov XP pots, I was pretty surprised. I definitely had ZERO XP pots in my inventory so it wasn't like I received 1 pot that stacked into 9.
    Yup, I ran all my characters that had saved Blessings from years ago, and so far with Ultimate + Blessing I've gotten

• Ruby Eye of Erosion
    • Ruby Eye of Force
    • 4 Sovereign XP Pots x10
    • 4 Greater Healing Potions x10

I can't remember the potions, Greater, Superior...whatever.

I also agree that it should be like before. Maybe 15 tokens and 1 Blessing free per character (How it used to be). I'm not sure if they did it differently VIP wise back then, but either way. 200TP for a Blessing for a chance to win Healing potions worth 150TP...?
    KCCO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PNGameAcct View Post
    GAH!!! Missed my chance for some easy XP pots
    They keep things so exciting. By participating in new things early are you going to cash in on fabulous unintended prizes, or get screwed and waste your time and resources? Spin the wheeeeeel!

Community Member

Or maybe too many people were running it using the tokens they'd previously received rather than buying them - so they shut it down to figure out how they could make more money from the event

And to second what has already been said - 3 per account in total is ridiculous, especially for VIPs; as is the cost on the store given that the vast majority of the time what you are getting is effectively junk. Basically another version of gambling a la daily dice, where everything is stacked in favour of the house.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    Then please also review post 55 (for one). That rant conveys my own sentiments (note: I didn't just write "/signed" ). I was expecting something akin to the prior incarnation's token distribution, or at the very least the quantity distributed for the Midwinter Festival races on a daily basis. 3 tokens? And that's it?

Frankly, if that's gonna be the extent of the tokens, then don't bother to put any time into fixing whatever needs to be fixed. Yes, I'm serious about that.
    Agreed. If Turbine is just spending time on this to adjust the proportions of some rewards then don't bother. In the current incarnation (3 tokens per account, no blessings) the whole thing is pointless. Please spend Turbine's efforts more efficiently
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

Lol.....too many sovereign XP pots going around ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Lol.....too many sovereign XP pots going around ?
    That's my guess. I saw someone post that they did 2 runs and got them both times. As I think they were supposed to drop 10% of the time, that was an unlikely result.

But I repeat, if all Turbine is doing is adjusting the rewards, don't bother, delete the egg lady from the marketplace and end development for this now pointless exercise,
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    That's my guess. I saw someone post that they did 2 runs and got them both times. As I think they were supposed to drop 10% of the time, that was an unlikely result.

But I repeat, if all Turbine is doing is adjusting the rewards, don't bother, delete the egg lady from the marketplace and end development for this now pointless exercise,
    Well i agree, as long as it's so heavily gated behind the store like this incarnation it seems rather useless to even have. What was wrong with 10 tokens and 1 blessing per character ? Seems like it struck a fair balance.

Thumbs down

LOL, 3 tokens/acc. vs. 1 blessing and 10 tokens/char?
    And spending TP for a chance to get random junk?

Pathetic.
    Khyber:
    Healingonly (melee FvS, TR), Groggor (DPS barb), Nimrud (caster, TR), Yayamee (DPS/stun monk, TR), Tadko (evasion tank, TR), Piersi (TWF DPS), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix (druid now, arti someday) and many others (across all servers)

We apologize, but the Festival of the Traveler has been disabled, and will return at a later time. Unfortunately, one of the items was being given out in an unintended quantity, and another item was not being given out enough. We'll be looking to make improvements in the festival's loot table for it's return.
    So i just saw someone posting about 40 Sovereign XP Pots and it made me quite sad ? angry ? envious ? .. i dont know ..
    These kind of serious bugs are just stupid.. I guess they wont take these pots back .. they were obtained honestly (with bug but honestly) And now i am siting here , slaped in face for being here too late..
    It was similar with augment duplicating .. it should never get to live servers.
    My point here is that turbine should get their sh_t together and prevent from these to happen again and again on live servers!

Epic!!!!!! Failllllll!!!

Community Member ComfortablyNumb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korlia View Post
    Yup, I ran all my characters that had saved Blessings from years ago,

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Or maybe too many people were running it using the tokens they'd previously received rather than buying them - so they shut it down to figure out how they could make more money from the event
    Spent time this morning looking for my old blessings ... they have all gone!!!

CORRECTION: found 1 blessing on 3 char's, which makes 4-5 where they have disappeared
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 03-22-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Wink

Handing out Tomes +3 like candy via anniversary cards is OK, but x10 exp potion +50% is not?
    Nightshayde, Wiz 17 (Ghallanda), Kyonna, Dru 13, Irnaetha, Mnk 15, Drelzna Art11/Rog2, Aurelyn, Pal11/Ftr2, Eidoloni, Rog 16, Tymore, Sor 20 (Khyber)

Community Member

When you bring it back, make it like other Events, where you can earn your way in by playing the larger game....

Have orange-named mobs (maybe of a particular type, eg Dark Six worshippers) drop Tokens, and red-named ones drop Blessings. Just like you can earn Doubloons outside CC, you can earn Motes outside of Delera's, and you can earn Ice tokens by beating Fire mobs.

Having it completely store-gated, with no way to "earn in" via normal gameplay, is going to make the event essentially pointless, only a way for vets to spend banked tokens from earlier years.

And here I thought that when I completed the 'quest' for the festival, I assumed it was bugged due to how short it was. How wrong I was.

PLEASE tell me that after all your intentional and unintentional mistakes, you will be returning the freebies that people get for the festival to it's regular amounts? (I.E.: More tokens and 1 blessing of the traveler per character). I really felt that this change was unwelcome and unnecessary.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I'd rather they used the time to fix little, stupid bugs that have been around for years, like the unending leaves floating around you if you happen to get healed by a druid at some point. The animation stays on your character until you log out. There's at least a dozen more, I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

Or they could put in some extra time to manage the lag in everything they've put out since last summer.

I'd happily live without any events this year if that meant more time devoted to fixing lingering quality of play issues.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I hope they add card 9 and 10 to the rare reward list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234