Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah...

I mean, I've got more tokens saved up from over the years than I'll ever use - but the newbs don't have that luxury.

The 'gift' tables were originally designed for folks running 10+/char. Limiting newbs to 3 (free) runs on those same tables given the span of randomness makes the new limit of 3/account really bad.

Not shooting at the messenger, but someone up the chain really needs to rethink the event.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Just did my one Blessing, and 10 or so regular ones on a Level 28. Just loads of ****, even with a +2 Loot gem (think I saw a Dev say that would affect things). The Blessing gave 10 x Useless Healing Potions. Definitely don't see the point.

Regarding the number of free doohickeys, 3 isn't enough for people new to this event to learn how to do it well. Doesn't seem like a good way to dangle a carrot to me.

UPDATE: Ok, I suffered through all 18 Tokens I had. Not a single +1 or +2 Woundrous Crafstmanship. Just piles of **** already plentifully available on the AH and brokers. Again, all with a +2 Loot gem running. If you want to gamble on rewards, I don't think this is the way. Roll the Daily Dice some more instead.
    Last edited by rimble; 03-20-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will be releasing a coupon later this afternoon for folks to get some free tokens.
    I actually have many of the tokens left over from previous years on multiple characters as well as the individual Blessing. Problem is I've now run 6 times on different characters while achieving the Ultimate Aura and received 10 Gold Seal Elixirs of Greater Healing every time. Is this wai because they weren't purchased from the store?
    Zerg of Thelanis

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Default a big raspberry to VIP's

Normally VIP's got extra tokens and a blessing as well.

BTW - according to release notes - yes jewels of fortune to affect.

Quote Originally Posted by mons View Post
    I actually have many of the tokens left over from previous years on multiple characters as well as the individual Blessing. Problem is I've now run 6 times on different characters while achieving the Ultimate Aura and received 10 Gold Seal Elixirs of Greater Healing every time. Is this wai because they weren't purchased from the store?
    That's a fairly small sample size so you could just be unlucky. From what I'm reading and extrapolating a bit the potential rewards are probably something like this

90% You win the healing potions, which are more or less a waste of 200 TP
    10% You win the XP pots. Congratulations, you got lucky.

This is not the sort of thing I'd buy a bunch of blessings and try to get. Yes, if you get lucky, you could get a good deal on those xp pots, but if you're unlucky, you could waste 1000's of TP and end up with far less value than you spent.

Personally, I'd make every blessing reward worth much more than 200 TP. I'd make a list like this perhaps

10% Exclusive unbound pet of various types
    10% Exclusive cosmetics, perhaps new glowy eye colors only available during this event, bta
    10% 3x Siberys Cake
    10% 10 random anniversary cards
    10% 20 Major SP potions
    10% 20 Sovereign Healing Elixirs
    10% 50 Astral Shards
    10% Exclusive Gold Seal hireling contract. Something like the panther or owlbear, unbound
    10% 10 Sovereign XP elixirs
    10% Reroll on the ultra rare table

Ultra rare loot
    Ring of Wishes - 3 charges, unbound. Expend a charge to do one of the following. Gain 500 TP/gain one level/gain one heart of wood of your choice/deal 500,000 damage to an enemy, no save. Ring crumbles to dust when all charges are used. 24 hour cooldown between uses.

Boots of Dimensional Travel
    Dimension Door x1 (rechages 1 per day)

Cosmetic Voice
    Equips to cosmetic head slot. Your character speaks in kobold voice instead of standard voice. various emotes also have kobold phrases associated with them

and more things like this that are unique, interesting and fun.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 03-20-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

previously you would recieve 10 or so eggs and 1 blessing for each of your active (logged on within x ammount of time before event) characters.

why was this changed?

i'm really running out of ways to be disappointed by you guys. give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    That's a fairly small sample size so you could just be unlucky. From what I'm reading and extrapolating a bit the potential rewards are probably something like this

90% You win the healing potions, which are more or less a waste of 200 TP
    10% You win the XP pots. Congratulations, you got lucky.

This is not the sort of thing I'd buy a bunch of blessings and try to get. Yes, if you get lucky, you could get a good deal on those xp pots, but if you're unlucky, you could waste 1000's of TP and end up with far less value than you spent.

Personally, I'd make every blessing reward worth much more than 200 TP. I'd make a list like this perhaps

10% Exclusive unbound pet of various types
    10% Exclusive cosmetics, perhaps new glowy eye colors only available during this event, bta
    10% 3x Siberys Cake
    10% 10 random anniversary cards
    10% 20 Major SP potions
    10% 20 Sovereign Healing Elixirs
    10% 50 Astral Shards
    10% Exclusive Gold Seal hireling contract. Something like the panther or owlbear, unbound
    10% 10 Sovereign XP elixirs
    10% Reroll on the ultra rare table

Ultra rare loot
    Ring of Wishes - 3 charges, unbound. Expend a charge to do one of the following. Gain 500 TP/gain one level/gain one heart of wood of your choice/deal 500,000 damage to an enemy, no save. Ring crumbles to dust when all charges are used. 24 hour cooldown between uses.

Boots of Dimensional Travel
    Dimension Door x1 (rechages 1 per day)

Cosmetic Voice
    Equips to cosmetic head slot. Your character speaks in kobold voice instead of standard voice. various emotes also have kobold phrases associated with them

and more things like this that are unique, interesting and fun.
    So then according to your estimation this event would need to be ran 90+ times to get something other than Greater Healing Elixirs? NTY, 6 is 5 times too many with those odds.
    Zerg of Thelanis

Community Member

3 Tokens/Acc

Why in the holy loots name?

I actually had fun last year doing this dozens of times,
    trying different routes, optimizing and praying to the loot gods.

Going from 10 x Slots to 3 x Acc is such a major decrease in tokens,
    that I simply can not see the reason for it.

New people will have problems learning the routes with just 3 Tokens...

Why taking a fun event and turning into something like the Gold Dice Roll just with crappy prizes?

Community Member

Hi,

Three tokens per account seems like an attempt to work out how many people will run this event if they actually have to pay for it.

Monetise everything. If you can't make money from it, then get rid of it. That seems to be the thinking.

I only tried this event once, and it's not for me. I do feel sorry for the people who do like it, and are having their fun taken away.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

This event has been pointless and pretty boring since they took +3 hearts off its loot table to bad to they could make it a little harder to hit the levels and boost the loot and people might be willing to buy tokens and blessings

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    Don't bother with this. I tried it the first year it was around, and even with the Traveler's blessing, there was nothing but vender trash. Seriously - I find better stuff in harbour quests.
    I just turned in a blessing with an ultimate run and received 10 Sov XP pots, I was pretty surprised. I definitely had ZERO XP pots in my inventory so it wasn't like I received 1 pot that stacked into 9.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

Default Average Joe - 1st Try

Well my dwarven fighter (L9) on an off-server happened to have the 10 tokens left over from a couple years ago. I never ran this event before, so I gave it a try. Turned in a token, ran around like an idiot for a few minutes, ran back to the Traveller with only a minor aura, got 3 green spinals.

That was dumb. I'm done. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Well my dwarven fighter (L9) on an off-server happened to have the 10 tokens left over from a couple years ago. I never ran this event before, so I gave it a try. Turned in a token, ran around like an idiot for a few minutes, ran back to the Traveller with only a minor aura, got 3 green spinals.

That was dumb. I'm done. lol
    This 3/account is probably terrible for new players. They don't have enough chances to get the ultimate aura. I have a youtube vid from 4 years ago I made as a paladin showing a path to ultimate with 50+ seconds left. Today's monks rape that but you need at least 1 or 2 practice runs if you've never done it. But it doesn't matter because they're not even giving out the Blessing; I happened to have a Blessing on an account that wasn't used, 22/monk so plenty of speediness easy ultimate. And only with a Blessing will you get anything worth a pile of xxxx
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

I had done this the last time it was here, not well, was just starting out, and so been waiting for it to come back to try it again. Was sort of fun and wanted to try it again. Anyway, I had some tokens etc from last time traveler was around, so did the run and got to the greater aura, yay me! Traded in my blessing and got.... 2 potions of wonder, yeah 2 potions of wonder. So no not for me, not going to pay for tokens to run this and not going to buy a blessing at 200 TP just to get a chance at that.

Community Member

Well I was looking forward to this but it seems I won't be playing this year.

In a previous year I did 10 runs with each of my 30+ toons. Mind numbing but still somehow fun. And got lots of stuff.

Now 3 (THREE!) runs total. How pointless is that? By the time I sort out the best route I won't have any tokens left. And no blessings.

I've taken my 3 free tokens per account and am keeping them until whomever is responsible for this festival works out what is and isn't fun for the customer.

TL/DR: This year's Festival of the Traveller is NOT a good thing.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

I will chime in

I am quite happy that it is 3/account. Having all those tokens on each character was a real killer of a time sink for me.

At least I have not gotten one of those ANVIL things.

What I do is my card grind on each and every server. THEN I go to trying to catch up on the token grind.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

The rewards in the first event of this kind were commensurate with the effort and time. They no longer are. So instead I bank the shards and blessings until they once again are worth my time and effort.

This event would be a great entry point for toming toons. Upgrade tomes drop enough to where base tomes need to be more prevalent in order to entice players to buy upgrades.

Community Manager

We apologize, but the Festival of the Traveler has been disabled, and will return at a later time. Unfortunately, one of the items was being given out in an unintended quantity, and another item was not being given out enough. We'll be looking to make improvements in the festival's loot table for it's return.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

We apologize, but the Festival of the Traveler has been disabled, and will return at a later time. Unfortunately, one of the items was being given out in an unintended quantity, and another item was not being given out enough. We'll be looking to make improvements in the festival's loot table for it's return.
    GAH!!! Missed my chance for some easy XP pots

I KNEW I should have called in sick and used up all the tokens I had saved...

We apologize, but the Festival of the Traveler has been disabled, and will return at a later time...[snip]
    Then please also review post 55 (for one). That rant conveys my own sentiments (note: I didn't just write "/signed" ). I was expecting something akin to the prior incarnation's token distribution, or at the very least the quantity distributed for the Midwinter Festival races on a daily basis. 3 tokens? And that's it?

Frankly, if that's gonna be the extent of the tokens, then don't bother to put any time into fixing whatever needs to be fixed. Yes, I'm serious about that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast