Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Over Raided / Shiradi Sorc solo Fire on Thunder Peak

After our yesterday's duo with Short, I gave it a try solo. Here are my results:

This raid is pretty rough to solo, even on EN. It took me a while to figure out how to solo it. In the end I decided to use a different toon than the one I usually solo raids on and it worked. I'm not gonna spoil the fun of figuring out how to solo this raid, but I can give a hint. The tactic I used involved using DDoor and Ruin a ton of times. ^^

On a side note: I haven't seen any named items drop in this raid for god knows how many runs and now I got one when I was in there alone lol.

Also, best regards to DrOctothorpe.

2016 DDO Players Council

I am very impressed - I certainly had not seen that one coming.

nice job
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Community Member

hey congrats...

your friend sil

Community Member

Now I need to come up with something to make soloing Temple of Deathwyrm possible lol. That's gonna be a tough nutt.

Gz on the solo

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    Now I need to come up with something to make soloing Temple of Deathwyrm possible lol. That's gonna be a tough nutt.
    I really don't know how you want to destroy the real phylactery solo. Appearantly when no one is on the dragon side he teleports you back.
    Apart from that pulling two levers while killing the dragon on the mound - yea, that's tricky
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Thumbs up

You always use easy button builds but your skill with them can't be denied :P congratulations!! ;D
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    You always use easy button builds but your skill with them can't be denied :P congratulations!! ;D

I call it "using what is effective". ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Gz on the solo

I really don't know how you want to destroy the real phylactery solo. Appearantly when no one is on the dragon side he teleports you back.
    Apart from that pulling two levers while killing the dragon on the mound - yea, that's tricky
    I know right. But that's not the first thing that seems impossible that I'm working on, maybe I'll come up with something lol.

Community Member

Pets can pull levers.

Trying to protect the pet, and get the timing... I would imagine is tough for even you

Do you think he doesn't realize he wouldn't be able to solo epic raids if he played a bard in grand master of flowers? Lol.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Pets can pull levers.

Trying to protect the pet, and get the timing... I would imagine is tough for even you
    I was considering something along those lines, but there is still lots of tests and thinking ahead of me.

I know right. But that's not the first thing that seems impossible that I'm working on, maybe I'll come up with something lol.
    Uh? Care to explain?
    First set of puzzles can all be soloed.
    Bone guardian can be soloed (would be tough on ee, but eh or en not bad really).
    Second set of puzzles is a gamble to get the right puzzle. Gravity and Red/Green can't be soloed, but tower can be.
    Killing Dragonlords while beating down dragon - well blitzing monkcher I guess.
    Khjuldagrs (or whatever) - well PITA, but can be kited around I guess.

The lever pulling might be possible even without a pet. The time window seems rather big. Well but those khujdargs again...
    Last edited by Eth; 03-20-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Uh? Care to explain?
    First set of puzzles can all be soloed.
    Bone guardian can be soloed (would be tough on ee, but eh or en not bad really).
    Second set of puzzles is a gamble to get the right puzzle. Gravity and Red/Green can't be soloed, but tower can be.
    Killing Dragonlords while beating down dragon - well blitzing monkcher I guess.
    Khjuldagrs (or whatever) - well PITA, but can be kited around I guess.

The lever pulling might be possible even without a pet. The time window seems rather big. Well but those khujdargs again...
    I don't really have a game plan yet tbh. I've soloed this raid a few times till the end fight, so I know that the puzzles can be soloed. The boss fight is something that I will need to spend some time on, to figure out if there is any way to make the dragon not teleport you back from the shadow dimension and to practice the timing with killing the dragon and pulling levers.
    I have no idea if I will find some way to solo it or not, I'm just saying that I've been working and succeeded on soloing raids that were said to be impossible to solo in the past, so I might as well get lucky with this one too.
    Last edited by Shaatan; 03-20-2014 at 03:51 PM.

i wear my socks for month and then eat them if u do it on barbarian lol
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Two things need to be quanitified

1. How long of a time gap between pulling the two levers do you have, I know that it doesn't have to be EXACTLY simultaneous. In theory, if the gap is large enough such that you can abundant step + boots of propulsion your way to the other lever while the dragon is laying on the mound, you might be able to do it - have to be really fast though. The other way is obviously to get a pet or something, and aggro everything you possibly can so it doesn't get interrupted.

2. How long of a time gap do you have between zoning into the shadow side and the dragon porting you across. Again, in theory, you might go through several times slowly killing the named beholder/armor on one side to activate a portal. And either slowl DPS down the phylactery each time you port through, or hope for a crit burst + breath or something to take it down instantly - all the while hoping that you can get the right one relatively soon. Again, this will require speed and great DPS to squeeze in significant damage as she realizes that you're across and decides to port you back.

I think it can be done, but with a bit of luck.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Two things need to be quanitified

1. How long of a time gap between pulling the two levers do you have, I know that it doesn't have to be EXACTLY simultaneous. In theory, if the gap is large enough such that you can abundant step + boots of propulsion your way to the other lever while the dragon is laying on the mound, you might be able to do it - have to be really fast though. The other way is obviously to get a pet or something, and aggro everything you possibly can so it doesn't get interrupted.

2. How long of a time gap do you have between zoning into the shadow side and the dragon porting you across. Again, in theory, you might go through several times slowly killing the named beholder/armor on one side to activate a portal. And either slowl DPS down the phylactery each time you port through, or hope for a crit burst + breath or something to take it down instantly - all the while hoping that you can get the right one relatively soon. Again, this will require speed and great DPS to squeeze in significant damage as she realizes that you're across and decides to port you back.

I think it can be done, but with a bit of luck.
    It is possible to pull the lever with boots/abundant step but you are relying on disp/dodge not to be interrupted and this won't work if you have the Bone Boy debuff.

As regards 2, in parties where the main side has wiped/been blown off being ported back has been pretty instantaneous. For this reason I don't think it can be solod.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by blackdoguk View Post
    It is possible to pull the lever with boots/abundant step but you are relying on disp/dodge not to be interrupted and this won't work if you have the Bone Boy debuff.

As regards 2, in parties where the main side has wiped/been blown off being ported back has been pretty instantaneous. For this reason I don't think it can be solod.
    1. Of course you are relying on displace + dodge, that's obvious. Your impeded state is where the luck comes in, it'll help to be on a toon that has knockdown immunity because those battleragers are more vicious with that on normal.

2. I'm not too sure if its that instant, I was able to get a few swings in before I got ported last time our solo guy on the shadow side got killed. But, that experience is nowhere near conclusive.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

For those of you interested in my progression with soloing Temple of Deathwyrm I have some bad (or maybe good?) news. Currently I don't have much time for DDO, so I haven't even started figuring stuff out in there yet.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

On Lamma I was able to clear the shadow side solo after 7 ports. Think you have about 10-15 seconds before he ports. As for having enough time to zerg a portal I ran out of play time and have never tried again, but I have a few theories

The lever part can be done as I tried it on lamma with someone keeping the dragon in the middle, adding this to the equation adds more challenge but doesnt make it impossible
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    The lever part can be done as I tried it on lamma with someone keeping the dragon in the middle, adding this to the equation adds more challenge but doesnt make it impossible
    So, you managed to kill the dragon and pull both levers on your own, without monk speed or sprint boost? I've just had a test run to figure out some mechanics and this seems to be the last thing that I need to work on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast