Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thunderforged particle effects

Can these be tuned down by a factor of 10? Wielding a longbow, or any weapon really but especially ranged, that's higher than Tier 0 results in a smoke cloud in front of your face that blocks a large portion of the screen so you can't see beyond it. Heaven forbid if you dual wield them... It's distracting, annoying, and way denser than it needs to be.

Let me see my game again!
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Lots of people are asking the same question. I hope it can be fixed in the big patch 1. I put in a bug report on it, maybe others will as well. Bug reports should generate some internal action on Turbines part to address the black cloud.
    Last edited by Atremus; 03-19-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

yes awful already a thread about it but can't hurt to ratchet up the ghostbane.

Honestly they can't have meant that effect to be WAI, so they're probably not saying anything because they know they're going to fix it.

Personally I'd like them to put the Epic Midnight Greeting effect on them as others have suggested. But I also think they're not supposed to have that effect without the shadow tier 1 upgrade or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    yes awful already a thread about it but can't hurt to ratchet up the ghostbane.

Honestly they can't have meant that effect to be WAI, so they're probably not saying anything because they know they're going to fix it.

Personally I'd like them to put the Epic Midnight Greeting effect on them as others have suggested. But I also think they're not supposed to have that effect without the shadow tier 1 upgrade or something.
    Yeah, I was seeing those clouds around and figured people had done the shadow upgrades and that I'd get some sort of fire effect from the Touch of Flame upgrade that I did.

No such luck. It's a thundercloud blocking my view.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Yup it is excessive. Hopefully we can get it tuned down.
    Archangels - Thelanis

Kyrian - Dellek - Devestia - Harleaiquin - Nakano - Narizue - Xandek

While we're on the subject of annoying visual effects, it would be nice if the Wheloon purple haze could be toned down too.

There's something maniacally evil about someone dual wielding black cotton candy. It just disturbs me.

Seriously, please fix this. Your art department is usually amazing. They dropped the ball on this one.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    There's something maniacally evil about someone dual wielding black cotton candy. It just disturbs me.

Seriously, please fix this. Your art department is usually amazing. They dropped the ball on this one.
    Yes, just when i was thinking how amazing job they did with the Moria ... err thunderholme (we had too much forests in the last 2 years ) and haunted halls ... I had to be disapointed by this :/

Hope this effect gets decreased (not completely removed, I kinda like the idea of the shadow aura)
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

The Tomb of Durin needs not black Pom Poms
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

I would agree that these look horrible as they are now..

The effect itself isn't bad, the shadowy look is nice.
    Instead of it being a huge obnoxious cloud, it should be done tighter to the item so it has a faint sheen of it.

Please and thank you!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    The Tomb of Durin needs not black Pom Poms
    ha ha ha
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

I agree the effect is too big, dial it back it will still be 'cool' but not so distracting.

As a note, I ran DQ EH over the weekend and was hit by a disjunction ball that moves around on the center platform, I spent the rest of the day without the effect but still had all the powers of the Tier 1. Was almost sad to have to log out.

Default Me too!

Add my vote to this one! Everyone just looks the same: a large and dark puff! Stop playing with cloud effects you obviously don't master and reuse non obstructive effects. Here you can't see anything if dual wielding. That sucks

Default Almost forgot.

Oh... Same for that purple sh%#^, sorry haze in Wheloon. Do you guys ever run or test stuff before release?

Black flames, small fumes? The borrowed design from other items but now in black with large clouds of cotton candy? Feels a little rushed. Lets hope we can dial this down and make the items unique looking together with the effects.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

You can see the dual-wielders from miles away...

~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendalith View Post
    Oh... Same for that purple sh%#^, sorry haze in Wheloon. Do you guys ever run or test stuff before release?
    For me, the more pressing question is: why would anyone think running around like a cloud of diesel smoke is appealing to players? And why are they making decisions?

I have a hunch it's a producer idea. They came with the idea on a bar napkin ("a wispy, creepy mist envelops the weapon or armor" followed by a sketch), said "Get it done!" then that's it. Then said, lets keep the results a surprise on Lama, so they didn't give people the ing to craft any, then BAM!, it gets to live and sucks.

Although I seem to remember there being one example of the armor on Lama and if that was the case, they just ignored the feedback then like always.

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    You can see the dual-wielders from miles away...
    LOL! Exactly...
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I agree the effect is too big, dial it back it will still be 'cool' but not so distracting.

As a note, I ran DQ EH over the weekend and was hit by a disjunction ball that moves around on the center platform, I spent the rest of the day without the effect but still had all the powers of the Tier 1. Was almost sad to have to log out.
    OK, now I have to find the quest that will lead me to the fastest disjunction ball in order to get a workaround for this. So my list of hoops to jump through to enjoy this game just grew by another one.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast