Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question about Hall of Heroes...

This may be answered elsewhere but I didn't see it. Why would you build a 'Hall of Heroes' with all of the very nice looking statues, and not include the names and or stories of said 'Heroes'? It just seems odd to me to see a statue of a evidently legendary warrior, and not even be able to know his(or her) name.
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldsberg View Post
    This may be answered elsewhere but I didn't see it. Why would you build a 'Hall of Heroes' with all of the very nice looking statues, and not include the names and or stories of said 'Heroes'? It just seems odd to me to see a statue of a evidently legendary warrior, and not even be able to know his(or her) name.
    There are a lot of questions regarding the HoH, actually. The main question, with exceptiomn to the TRing station would be: What purpose for do we need the Hall of Heroes exactly? Perhaps it will get a purpose in the future, meanwhile it is just another not yet useful concept with long runing ways in between...

Community Member

Uh...those aren't exactly statues... They're just adventurers who met a medusa (or a cranky old wizard) and forgot to bring a mirror.

If you chip away at them enough you'll find they have stoned internal organs and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    There are a lot of questions regarding the HoH, actually. The main question, with exceptiomn to the TRing station would be: What purpose for do we need the Hall of Heroes exactly? Perhaps it will get a purpose in the future, meanwhile it is just another not yet useful concept with long runing ways in between...
    Its for people who didn't run the Spinner/Web/Rift quests on a particular character yet so they can get to Eveningstar/Wheloon. Be kind of sad for a person to buy the L15 quests in Shadowfell and not be able to run them until they are L17 and complete the Spinner stuff. That's my guess anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Yep.... so far no real purpose.. I already post a couple of times asking why pay for 2 buttons that teleport u to one of the halls and once u are in game u cant use it.. unless log log out and back in..
    bad concept.. if u are in a party for ex and wanna go to ES u take the walk, use the key or tell your party that u are loging out and back on...

it would be very nice to have a feat that could teleport u to the halls if u have spent your tp on that "stuf"... perhaps tha's asking too much for a 750 TP purchase...

the minimun they could do to make it a little useful was to make the 2 halls connected.. so u could travel from one to another.. and put a teleporter there.. so at least u could use it as a travel mechanism.. (ddo likes u to spend time walking around)

but there is still hope...

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

The hall of heroes should have an Eveningstar portaldoorway and an Stormreach portaldoorway, so that a person who bought it could WALK from Eberron to The Forgotten Realms, without that log in log out nonsense.

As it stands now, its just a useless clutter and stupid lenghening the way to the reincarnation "person".
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Hey at least they've added a mailbox/banker/AH....
    What they SHOULD have done was make it a magic portal which when clicked gave you the option of being sent to A) your guildship or B) the reincarnation area, or C) the marketplace on either Eberron (when you're in the Realms) or Eveningstar (when you're on Ebberon). No walking, no nameless statues, just click and you're there.
    Instead, we're stuck with an almost empty storage area with bad lighting.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Hey at least they've added a mailbox/banker/AH....
    What they SHOULD have done was make it a magic portal which when clicked gave you the option of being sent to A) your guildship or B) the reincarnation area, or C) the marketplace on either Eberron (when you're in the Realms) or Eveningstar (when you're on Ebberon). No walking, no nameless statues, just click and you're there.
    Instead, we're stuck with an almost empty storage area with bad lighting.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Connecting Cannith and The Portable Hole as well, and perhaps this would actually be a deal... As it stands now, it is another abandoned concept from Turbine standing barren in the concept landscape...

Heh...guess I was a little vague. I understand the uses(and lack of uses) for the Hall itself. I was just wondering why they would spend the time coding the statues and not put stories or at least names on the plaques at the base of each statue. Just seems kind of like a lack of communication somewhere.

The primary function of the HoH is to serve as a prime example of clunky and awkward game design, with a healthy dose of missed opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    The primary function of the HoH is to serve as a prime example of clunky and awkward game design, with a healthy dose of missed opportunities.
    That they can sell in the store.

Community Member

HoH isn't only for those that want to get to go E->FR without doing the quest line, but also for the Iconics to go go FR->E cause lets face it, at lv 15 the number of quests at your level are....what, 3 wheloon starters, and maybe druids? Though I think druids are base 16. So if you have a less than optimum build and want to play at level, you'd want to go to Eberron. But without the key or a guild, your SOL. Or if your an iconic without other leveled characters who can send you items, your ability to buy healing items in FR is ****. I thought outside of auction house that there was not one, but then I saw the limited selection from the vendor in Rest Stop, but that's crazy.

Anyway, I completely /sign that HoH needs an ingame switch between the two, not having to log out and log back in again. Just stupid.

Heh...guess I was a little vague. I understand the uses(and lack of uses) for the Hall itself. I was just wondering why they would spend the time coding the statues and not put stories or at least names on the plaques at the base of each statue. Just seems kind of like a lack of communication somewhere.
    Because Turbine can't use anything that they dont have the rights to do it. They can't use the name Bruenor or Driz, or another one that actually its a game or its named in one.
    And use a name from a character its not fair for the other characters.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by avepepix View Post
    Because Turbine can't use anything that they dont have the rights to do it. They can't use the name Bruenor or Driz, or another one that actually its a game or its named in one.
    And use a name from a character its not fair for the other characters.
    And yet they do use, for instance, the names Elminster and Lolth. I'm pretty sure there's other names they can use.
    But what, imo, they *should* have done is use player characters. Nothing unfair about holding a lottery, or even a writing contest for the most interesting character backgrounds.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

But what, imo, they *should* have done is use player characters. Nothing unfair about holding a lottery, or even a writing contest for the most interesting character backgrounds.
    I've often thought the same thing.

And yet they do use, for instance, the names Elminster and Lolth. I'm pretty sure there's other names they can use.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Well, they will have gotten the rights to use these names. Simple as that. After all, they were allowed to use Cormyr and the Forgotten Realms.

Turbine reached an agreement, but can not add new content, that allready has a game.
    To reach FR they must come to terms with either Wizard, Hasbro, or Ed Greenwood.
    And I can bet that Greenwood aldo got money by the appearance of Elminster.

Perhaps it is the realms that appear in the DDO. Salvatore, if memory serves me, has exclusive contract so Turbine can not use any of Icewind Dale, World Column, 10 cities, Mithrill Hall and all those things.

A dev can add some light at this point. =D

And for a player character in the statue, i imagine that the devs thinks they can have some problems with the players "Why is there Luroc??? He died in Shroud and its a first life, my toon its better"

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    The hall of heroes should have an Eveningstar portaldoorway and an Stormreach portaldoorway, so that a person who bought it could WALK from Eberron to The Forgotten Realms, without that log in log out nonsense.
    /Signed.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post

As it stands now, its just a useless clutter and stupid lenghening the way to the reincarnation "person".
    yes i made note of a teleporter that checks to see if you own it in the suggestions. no one should have to log out and back in with that memory leak issue

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Exactly my point. Besides, if they didn't want to run a contest of some sort, or risk customer complaints, why couldn't they have made some up. How long would it take to put "Howie Kapowie... the bard that overcame stuttering and saved his village through song and dance."? Or for that matter, put in the Dev's favorite test characters from their own accounts. I can't imagine it taking more than a day or two to add text to the plaques/statues that could be revealed by 'examine'.

Hell...change the name to 'Hall of Unknown Heroes', at least then they would have an excuse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast