Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default again????

again??? sight...

i hope ths will fix the terrible connection isuess.
    We tried te double dragon raid last night, wiped twice during our attempt to flag the healer.
    Froze for 2-3 minutes each time.
    a moncker and me took that healer into our own party to flag him, still connection isues but they lasted 1 minute, good protections and the dungeon scalling saved our hides a few times.

During the raid everybody had 10 to 30 second freezes multiple times (though strangely not at the same time?)
    It started to happen to me since the last update.
    Killing 27! versions of awesemonium proces seemed to help (i hadn't used the store all day?)

Please let this be a lag fix!

correction: a propper and speedy lag fix!

Community Member

Default Thought of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, March 19th from 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    This may be a dumb question, but if Turbine was concerned about maximizing their profits, why not just take one or two servers offline at a time?
    It would promote more cross-server communities during downtime, and still allow players to spend cash in the DDO store.

I certainly understand taking them all down for something that affects all the servers (i.e. log in issues, or launcher updates, or even game updates), but there's really no point in taking them all down at once for a simple hotfix.

~Khyber Completionist, Epic Completionist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    5 plus years now up and down every ladder in the game some of them countless times and I have never had the "ladder issue"
    yet it seem like everyone else has this problem
    Seriously cant believe you have never attempted to climb a ladder only to rubber band at the bottom over and over. I have had this happen to me constantly in the 5 years + I have been playing. if I jump to the middle of the ladder it seems to bypass the bug in most cases but whenever I try to climb it from the bottom it gets me nowhere , literally.

Please tell me that this hotfix will remove the utterly horrible smoke effect from the new raid weapons!
    Nooo! I have a dual wielding half elf. When she does /dance2 she looks like a cheerleader with smoke pom-poms.

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

Community Member

Default forked discussion: about the ladders issue

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    5 plus years now up and down every ladder in the game some of them countless times and I have never had the "ladder issue"
    yet it seem like everyone else has this problem
    My assumption: this issue is related to several aspects,
    1. data coherence between server and client
    2. physical engine routine

In brief, while the player controls the avatar approaching the ladders, the avatar changes into climbing gesture.
    The data incoherence occurs when the client determines the avatar is at coordinates A and in climbing status, but the server determines the avatar is still at coordinates B and in normal free-moving status. Physical engine interferes too, because it processes the free-falling routine whenever the avatar isn't attached to the ground. The client keeps telling the server "I am here, climbing", and the server keeps denying "no you are there, not climbing". And, the physical engine keeps dropping the avatar down to the ground,... this makes the data incoherence issue more severe. Thus, the "rubber band" phenomenon occurs, until the conflicted data corrected by the arbiter mechanism.

The issue would occur more frequently, when the player is of higher network latency (higher ping).

Another solution is: never walk to the ladders to climb. Instead, jump onto the ladders, skip the bottom step(s), to prevent this issue.
    Last edited by Mjolnyr; 03-19-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eldaye View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but if Turbine was concerned about maximizing their profits, why not just take one or two servers offline at a time?
    It would promote more cross-server communities during downtime, and still allow players to spend cash in the DDO store.

I certainly understand taking them all down for something that affects all the servers (i.e. log in issues, or launcher updates, or even game updates), but there's really no point in taking them all down at once for a simple hotfix.

~Khyber Completionist, Epic Completionist
    If the hotfix includes client software changes then you pretty much have to take them down all at the same time otherwise you would have a client on the wrong software version trying to connect to a server (trying is the key word). This would probably cause more problems than the hot fix corrects if the server would even let the client connect at all.

If the hotfix contained no client updates you could probably do what you asked (stagger them) however then Turbine would have to listen to people complain about why their server was taken down at a certain time instead of a time when another server was taken down.
    Last edited by TempestAlphaOmega; 03-19-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Community Member

Anything fixed is progress thumbs up

The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Default first

This is being done to address a couple of crashing issues.
    Wow a hot fix with an explanation. I am impressed! Thanks cordovan. It's not like it really matters but it does feel good. I however am a little confused on why form posters have to use your update post to talk about there concerns and game play issues. It is no wounder why the form devs dont want to post . Lolz, look at all the random post on this thread.
    Smash and Grab

Community Member

It's fast! I thought you'll open them 4 hours later.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Community Member

Yet another fast fix - thanks very much!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Cool, explanation, fast service, informations. And the worlds have reopened exceedingly fast. Big thank you Cordovan and the update team.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tyevek View Post
    Seriously cant believe you have never attempted to climb a ladder only to rubber band at the bottom over and over. I have had this happen to me constantly in the 5 years + I have been playing. if I jump to the middle of the ladder it seems to bypass the bug in most cases but whenever I try to climb it from the bottom it gets me nowhere , literally.
    OHHH THAT ladder issue. Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been jumping on ladders since I noticed this and have almost forgotten about it, but I can see where this may be difficult to pinpoint to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by SirJesto View Post
    OHHH THAT ladder issue. Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been jumping on ladders since I noticed this and have almost forgotten about it, but I can see where this may be difficult to pinpoint to fix.
    I have had this happen to me when jumping onto a ladder as well ... most notably with feather fall on. I take the feather fall off and start from the bottom ... and continue on with my day. Later I start from the bottom originally and it happens again (no feather fall) and have to jump to the middle to get out of it just like you did. So I don't think the bottom/middle discussion gets anywhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    I have had this happen to me when jumping onto a ladder as well ... most notably with feather fall on. I take the feather fall off and start from the bottom ... and continue on with my day. Later I start from the bottom originally and it happens again (no feather fall) and have to jump to the middle to get out of it just like you did. So I don't think the bottom/middle discussion gets anywhere ...
    Bah...minor annoyance. It happens to me from time to time, but not enough for me to get my blood pressure up about.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Member

Default Patch not working for me

Click on the launcher, downloaded all the files and it automatically restarted the launcher but I get this message: "Could not patch file "dndclient.exe", error 5: access denied."

This has never happened before with any of the patch, hotfix, update....

Any idea?

Community Member

Default ok all fine now

Well did a hard reboot and restarted everything, internet and all. Patch is working now.

Tried to edit last post but it put me on hold forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydigger7out View Post
    Wow a hot fix with an explanation. I am impressed! Thanks cordovan. It's not like it really matters but it does feel good. I however am a little confused on why form posters have to use your update post to talk about there concerns and game play issues. It is no wounder why the form devs dont want to post . Lolz, look at all the random post on this thread.
    It's easy, when there is no explanation hotfix concerns exploits which are not to be discussed on the forums.

Default Um ya not fixed

well the down time was a waste I now can not play this game every time i get to a point where it moves to a new zone it crashes on me this did not happen before the hotfix I am very frustrated at it.

I notice that turbinelauncher.exe was updated as well as dndclient.exe. Can we uninstall Akamai yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast