Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default did they pull back on nerfing furyshot?

just searched the release notes and I didn't see any mention of ranged no longer having a chance to charge fury on vorpals. Did they change their minds?

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    just searched the release notes and I didn't see any mention of ranged no longer having a chance to charge fury on vorpals. Did they change their minds?
    Do you have a link to where a dev said they were planning this, or are you simply referring to the wishful thinking of certain upset forumites?
    Heatherx (Completionist--honest, no stones)
    Toryen Warchanter 24 ~ Treslyn Cleric 26 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 24 ~ Khenshii Monk 28

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalgren View Post
    Do you have a link to where a dev said they were planning this, or are you simply referring to the wishful thinking of certain upset forumites?
    Unless I am imagining things Fury shot was nerfed in the early Update 21 lam builds, there was quite an uproar, but it looks like they stepped back.

BTW I am opposed to almost all nerfs, I'm just trying to figure out what happened.

Unless I am imagining things Fury shot was nerfed in the early Update 21 lam builds, there was quite an uproar, but it looks like they stepped back.

BTW I am opposed to almost all nerfs, I'm just trying to figure out what happened.
    Fair enough. That said I'm a pedantic mofo and I loves me some cites, so any solid information on this would be most welcome
    Heatherx (Completionist--honest, no stones)
    Toryen Warchanter 24 ~ Treslyn Cleric 26 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 24 ~ Khenshii Monk 28

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Are you talking about an actual Fury+Manyshot nerf or the fix for Fury Eternal to make it fit the description?
    Whenever you land a Vorpal Strike on a melee attack, 33% chance to regain 1 Adrenaline use.

Njerf them all!

Huh? This was not on lamma as far as I can say.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Are you talking about an actual Fury+Manyshot nerf or the fix for Fury Eternal to make it fit the description?
    Yeah fit the description, ends up being a nerf. Did they end up doing that?

Community Member

Yeah fit the description, ends up being a nerf. Did they end up doing that?
    Making it work as originally intended is not a nerf. A nerf is taking something that IS currently working as intended and reducing it in some way. Fixing something that is not currently working as intended is simply bug squashing, even if it is reducing the power of the ability.

Wow, if they came through with that change while ruining boulder toss, artificers would be reduced to paladin dps, without the benefits.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Njerf them all!
    Teh_Troll version

Whenever you land a Vorpal Strike on a halfling, 33% chance to regain 1 Adrenaline use.
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Quote Originally Posted by digital_terror1 View Post
    Making it work as originally intended is not a nerf. A nerf is taking something that IS currently working as intended and reducing it in some way. Fixing something that is not currently working as intended is simply bug squashing, even if it is reducing the power of the ability.
    Ahh there's no need to complicate this anything that reduces the power of a character is a Nerf. Even a needed nerf that corrects a huge issue is a nerf. To nerf is to make something softer (less powerful) I don't have a Furyshot build as stated elsewhere, I have no dog in the fight. No emotional reaction, just curiosity that motivated my question.

Besides I don't think anyone who plays DDO should take DESCRIPTIONS as the arbiter of WAI, intention or anything else...

Remember when it was WAI that Trading Cards were to be Auctionable? They just changed their minds rather than fix it so they work on the AH. Whats WAI and what Turbine intends is not even seemingly known to Turbine sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    Teh_Troll version

Whenever you land a Vorpal Strike WITH A halfling, 33% chance to regain 1 Adrenaline use.
    Fixed that for you

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Fixed that for you
    I don't know how i missed that its so obvious +1
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Community Member

I think the best fix for the the fury of the wild tree would be removing the word melee from all of the descriptions. Oh and maybe add another useful ranged tree while you're at it.

Personally I see no issue with Adren charging off ranged, or Fury working on ranged. The thing that makes it OP is the fact that it applies to EVERY arrow of a Many Shot and 10k. Since ranged can recharge it pretty reliably, just use it on every Slayer arrow cooldown, and you're getting 5-10k EACH arrow of that multi-shot against EVERYTHING that you can line up. 40k damage every 20s is a bit ridiculous.

The best way I believe to bring this in line is to have it apply to the first arrow only. IPS already gives the advantage of Fury to ranged allowing it to hit multiple targets... it just shouldn't be allowed to hit multiple targets multiple times. Though it's true I'd miss being able to kite everything into a line and just one-shotting it all on EE.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    Personally I see no issue with Adren charging off ranged, or Fury working on ranged. The thing that makes it OP is the fact that it applies to EVERY arrow of a Many Shot and 10k. Since ranged can recharge it pretty reliably, just use it on every Slayer arrow cooldown, and you're getting 5-10k EACH arrow of that multi-shot against EVERYTHING that you can line up. 40k damage every 20s is a bit ridiculous.

The best way I believe to bring this in line is to have it apply to the first arrow only. IPS already gives the advantage of Fury to ranged allowing it to hit multiple targets... it just shouldn't be allowed to hit multiple targets multiple times. Though it's true I'd miss being able to kite everything into a line and just one-shotting it all on EE.
    That's kinda how it works on repeaters for artis, usually only the first shot gets the fury damage increase. Sometimes i see 2 shots getting it, never saw all 3(Not sure why sometimes 2 get the bonus).
    I'd say that's pretty much in line which how it should be, of course killing stuff in EE is anything but fast, but that's a different problem :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    That's kinda how it works on repeaters for artis, usually only the first shot gets the fury damage increase. Sometimes i see 2 shots getting it, never saw all 3(Not sure why sometimes 2 get the bonus).
    I'd say that's pretty much in line which how it should be, of course killing stuff in EE is anything but fast, but that's a different problem :P.
    I usually see 2 and sometimes 3. If they nerf this, Fury arties will be dead for dps.

So uhm basically, fury is a melle only destiny.
    Well if they plan to do this, then i hope from the bottom of my heart, that they also plan to change red names hp numbers.
    Attacking a giant with 380 k hp is NOT FUN.
    Attacking pillars with god knows how many hps is NOT FUN.
    If they plan to kill best burst in game, then they should look at other things as well, like balance, balance and balance.
    Only thing they should had done was to actualy just change it from 4 arrows proc to 1.
    To break fury for bows, breaks fury for throwers and repeteaters.
    Makes lotsa builds useless.
    Now in all honesty i dont see a single reason why i would accept a artie in group, unless he has mortal fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    I think the best fix for the the fury of the wild tree would be removing the word melee from all of the descriptions. Oh and maybe add another useful ranged tree while you're at it.
    My sorc would love this. Imagine adrenaline fireballs, or adrenaline energy burst!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast