Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 20th Reward List(s) for Thunder Peak/Deathwyrm

While I do not yet have 20 completions of the Deathwyrm, myself and a friend both hit out 20th reward lists for Thunder Peak today.

It was disappointing. The list consisted of the 3 named items, Meridian Fragment, 100 CoVs, 10 Fire Phlogiston and either a Legendary Victory or Impressive Trophy, I can;t remember.

Why is there no option for tomes? There should be at least one static +5, with a small chance of a +6 tome in this 20th list. We are going to get more than just one 20th list with these new raids, and it would be awesome to see some tomes thrown in there instead of having to decide between gear you already have, CoVs which there are plenty of other avenues to get, phlogistons is nice for a bit, and then a measly guild renown token....

Please look at adding something more substantial to this list.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

I agree with this entirely. While all raid items is nice ( I believe this is due to fewer raid items than anything else), no tome options definitely feels lacking. Disappointed by this news for sure...
    Degenerate Matter
    Argonnessen

Grizzt
    Ivandria
    Sazcir
    Halania
    Tazaras
    Karjya
    Shintao Monk Henshin Mystic Mechanic Artificer Tempest

Archmage
    (Retired)
    Air Savant
    (Retired)

10 Phlogiston? I'll take that. You need 30 of one type to make a tier 3 weapon, that's a bare minimum of 15-20 runs, and that's with winning rolls for people who put them up for roll or 'buying/trading for' them.

Would like to see scales in there

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

A full item list or choice of 10 Phlogiston is a win in my opinion. Also, just because you didn't see any tomes, doesn't mean they don't exist in the list. They may be a more rare drop as they have been in many previous raids. As more 20th lists are seen, we'll know more about tome availability. 100 CoV is the most disappointing thing in that list. It's not horrible, but I can earn 100 CoV in 3 or 4 very easy runs in under an hour. The other rewards are at least unique to the raid.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I hoped for decent number of dragonscales and ingots at 20th list.
    Pholgsomething is nice I guess, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I hoped for decent number of dragonscales and ingots at 20th list.

Ingots! We need moar Ingots!

It's a decent list, but it should be like ToD1 used to be with a chance for a Tome on each list.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Hero

Well 100 is the cap on COV's..anything higher and you get none. Unless their technical abilities have miraculously changed and I missed it.

But yea, the list still seems sorta weak. Especially since there is only a couple named items in the raids.

That list is ridicolous.

No tomes, 100!!! CoVs (I know it's their max but still), no ingots. Ridicolous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

There should be ingots and scales in there.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

That list seriously needs scales and ingots.
    Having a set of tomes like in the older raids 20th list would be nice too.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Instead of 100 cov's, they could have included 1d4 heartseeds. Sure, heartseeds can "only" be used for ETRing, but still.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Its kind of nice that the drops are on the list, but also a bit dissapointing.

I would have expected to see a crafting ritual stone or something to add a final tier upgrade to shadow armor.
    I was hoping to see something unexpected like rare cool augments that don't drop anywhere else(like a +3 clear slot stat augment).
    A list of +5 tomes (unbound or bta) would be nice, I wouldn't expect to see +6's until the final raids/content and level 30 stuff, but even a 25% chance of a +6 would be worthwhile...
    ..besides I would rather have see +6's as the 5k favor reward anyway..+5 tomes for 5k favor is underwhelming...

The continued 20th incrementals will hold no interest if there is nothing there beyond the basic drops.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 03-18-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

It's not a list that's going to inspire people to run 40, 60, or 100 of the raid just to get the 20th completion rewards, but it's not a bad list either.

The full list of named loot is there, and we have a thread complaining about the named loot droprate. The 10 philogistons is a very big deal given the number needed in crafting and the 0-1 droprate per completion.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Community Member

Default Q: Are the new raids on timer?

Lack of knowledge type question only having flagged for the raids and not ran them yet. Are they on timer or did you just use up a ton of bypass timers to hit 20th completion ?
    Guild - PINOY (on Sarlona)

Toons: Bagtit, Galing

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    Lack of knowledge type question only having flagged for the raids and not ran them yet. Are they on timer or did you just use up a ton of bypass timers to hit 20th completion ?
    They are on timer as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    They are 3 day timer raids.
    I have been using bypass timers..I am guessing the OP is as well...
    I have also hit chest ransack.. hoping I come off ransack timer tonight so I can get my precious lootz...
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I have also hit chest ransack.. hoping I come off ransack timer tonight so I can get my precious lootz...
    thanks for the info, and what I suspected. I am looking forward to running them this weekend with my guild. Most of us are flagged now.
    Guild - PINOY (on Sarlona)

Toons: Bagtit, Galing

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I hit ransack and just started switching to another toon after completion for actually looting the chests, since you can enter/reenter this raids after they begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    It's not a list that's going to inspire people to run 40, 60, or 100 of the raid just to get the 20th completion rewards, but it's not a bad list either.

The full list of named loot is there, and we have a thread complaining about the named loot droprate. The 10 philogistons is a very big deal given the number needed in crafting and the 0-1 droprate per completion.
    If your going to craft one pair of Thunderforged for a TWF your going to be running ~40 raids anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast