Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    My guesses,

That player that had all the card Xs on the first day and was able to tell us about all the eternal potions. That was fishy.

Maybe turbine figured out what is wrong with the bags, but that does not warrant a downtime.

Maybe Turbine figured out what is causing connectivity problems that people have had.

Card XI explicitly states on it what you get when you combine it with 1-5. It's the only one that does. I imagine they did it that way to keep the bellyaching to a minimum when people put together and eternal flask of haste that lasts 1 minute with a 5 minute cool down.

My guess is they finally got improved weapon finesse to work with handwraps, and didn't want the player community to wait any longer than they already have, so they're releasing it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    The only true emergency these days is if Turbine cannot collect your money.
    Let me interfere with your source of livelihood. Would that be an emergency to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    Be up front.
    Step back and think about it for a moment. What would cause them to have a quick maintenance while giving as little info as possible? I know what my first assumption would be. It looks like some other posters have the same thought as well.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 03-17-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Community Manager

Reminder: We do not allow people to discuss exploits on the forums. Any reference to a specific exploit, or hint about a specific exploit, will lead to your forum account being permanently banned without opportunity for appeal. You have been warned.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    One of them attempted to escape and shut off the power in the process.

Any reason why this update fell a little later than usual? Is it just a case of what staff were available when? This is pretty much prime time early evening EU for people getting home from work - in fact Oracle shows well over 1000+ log ins in this last hour on my server.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Step back and think about it for a moment. What would cause them to have a quick maintenance while giving as little info as possible? I know what my first assumption would be. It looks like some other posters have the same thought as well.
    ...of course we can all make a likely educated guess, but why not come out and just be up front about it. Its not like its a super secrete. Its been posted here on the forums and removed multiple times....or eluded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Reminder: We do not allow people to discuss exploits on the forums. Any reference to a specific exploit, or hint about a specific exploit, will lead to your forum account being permanently banned without opportunity for appeal. You have been warned.
    Actually didn't know this. I knew talking about it was bad, didn't know the mere mention was also bad. I have been warned

Wink No need to worry unless

They start saying things like; if you like your Toon, you can keep your toon, Or they want to take away our favorite cleric and replace them with one that is cheaper and more affordable.

You folks can speculate all you like, they ain't telling, and I'd be prepared to bet as to why
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

So, ladies and gentelmen (or gentelman or gentleman or gentlemen, never know which is correct) is the reason of downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Reminder: We do not allow people to discuss exp***ts on the forums. Any reference to a specific exploit, or hint about a specific exp***t, will lead to your forum account being permanently banned without opportunity for appeal. You have been warned.
    Well, Cordo, did we name anything specific? But after your reaction, I would guess we had not been too far from the truth. Why not simply saying that you fix something nasty. Nothing wrong with that...You do not need to be too specific anyway.

In the past, hotfixes anyway were coming only for two reasons: The E-word and broken game mechanics that hindered people from doing / completing / buying / playing DDO at all or the new stuff, but did not hinder them from ranting in the forums. I have rarely seen a hotfix adressing the ladder bug.

It's about the lag in raids, what else could it possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Card XI explicitly states on it what you get when you combine it with 1-5. It's the only one that does. I imagine they did it that way to keep the bellyaching to a minimum when people put together and eternal flask of haste that lasts 1 minute with a 5 minute cool down.

I was that guy who got the card XI on the first day... Nothing fishy about it MooMoo dont be jealous. Just got real lucky with server trading
    Nefatron - Nefron - Nefrous - Ya Know What... Just Call Me NEF ~ Ghalland ~

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    It's about the lag in raids, what else could it possibly be.
    Yeah, you are ofc perfectly right and we all know that.

Guys, quit busting Cordo's stones about this, he just works here and we all know we're not supposed to talk about certain things and he can't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    He already said why. Emergency Maintenance. If it was something that actually affected us, like a change or a fix, they would say it. If it's something like...I dunno...one of the servers fried it's cpu or something...well...emergency maintenance, not going to be announced why because it doesn't matter.
    It's ok...you're new.
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Guys, quit busting Cordo's stones about this, he just works here and we all know we're not supposed to talk about certain things and he can't either.
    wow Miracles do happen - Uurlock and Teh_Troll agree on something! ;p

Cordovan works hard to keep up informed and gives out cool neat freebies - even live streams on his own time Be nice to Cordovan! It shouldn't be just a dad it should be Be Nice to Cordovan Month!

Happy Green Beer Day!

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Gah. Right in the middle of my game time.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast