Nova Shiradi is an EE capable AOE DPS Tank build.
I am the first into a room, I get the initial agro of nearly everything in the room and kill quite a bit of it quickly. The build doesn't have tha tanking power of a true dedicated tank, nor does the build have the sheer killing power of a top line AA/ Instakill/ Draconic Sorc/ Blitzer/ Assasin build... but it out survives all of those save the AA... and only if the AA is in the hands of a talented player (My survival depends much more on my build than on my play skill). Nova Shiradi combines aspects of a standard shiradi build with aspects of my Nova Shiradi FVS build. The result is a very survivable build with solid (if not great) dps.
- Grandmaster Scourge was the shiradi build i posted just after the enhancement pass went live. At the time, it was new and novel to me to have a shiradi wiz with the grandmaster stance. Over time, I have found that to be less and less of a defining factor for the build. The biggest defining factors are 1.) Wraith form + Dodge 2.) Arecane Supremacy 3.) Nova Shiradi style ED offensive twists.
- Nova Soul was a pre-enhancement pass direct damage FVS build. The angel of vengence PRE was used to boost fire/force/light damage and energy burst/boulder toss/wild shots was used to increase the offensive punch. Post enhancement pass, 2 levels of FVS still provide a significant boost to fire/force/light and Nova Shiradi continues the use of the same ED SLAs. The NovaSoul thread provides good background on layered defenses (still applies) and some numbers on Energy Burst/Boulder Toss/Wild Shots.
- Just Shiradi was a build write up by CDR. It is an excellent write-up and has some great information. It is a little dated now, and I have come to some different conclusions than CDR... but I recommend you read both and decide what playstyle is best for you.
Any Race 16 Wiz/2 Monk/2 FVS
I actually recommend human, although if you are not sure... Robot is the safe fallback if you wish to not fully commit to undead form.
- 2 Monk provides nice class saves, movement speed, dodge, evasion, 2 extra feats and the Henshin mystic core 1.
- 2 FVS provides mana procs, crit chance, spell power and some nice class saves.
Alignment: Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral
Enough into dex so that your tome (if any) will get you to 13.
Rest into con.
Enough into con to reach 21 after the tome points (if any).
Rest into int.
With a 36 point build and +3 tomes, you can max int/con and put all levelups into int. I switched to int for levelups not because I suddenly care about DCs, but because I gravitated towards being reflex save freak. From a survival standpoint, more reflex seemed to help more than a small increase in hitpoints.
Enlarge - For the force SLAs, this is amazing, especially in EE2 Monk Bonus
Adept of Forms
Master of Forms - This must be the lvl 12 or 15 feat
Gransmaster of Forms - This must be the lvl 18 feat
Toughness4 Wiz Bonus
Dodge - If you have enough dodge from other sources, deflect arrows is a viable alternative
Improved Mental Toughness
Epic ToughnessIf you have an extra feat from human, pick completionist if you have it or deflect arrows if you do not. I would grab all the metas you can early on to help level through heroics with SLAs and get deflect arrows later on.
Epic Mental Toughness
Epic Skill Focus Spell Craft
If you are leveling this through heroic, I recommend the intial feats be maximize/empower/enlarge to get the most out of the force SLAs. The easiest level path is 7 wiz, 2 monk, 2 fvs, rest wiz. You have to deal with being in zombie form for a while, but magic missile doesn't have a save anyways.
SpellcraftPut the rest wherever you want, but it is a lot of points just to cover the basics
Heal (for neg energy)
Perform (Several Shiradi Proc's are sonic damage)
Angel of Vengence (11 points)
Core 1 - Font of Power (1 point)Pale Master (21 points)
Teir 1 - Scourge (3 points)
Teir 1 - Smiting (2 points)
Teir 2 - Smiting (2 points)
Teir 2 - Just Reward (3 points)
Core 1 - 4ArchMage (32 points)
Tier 1 Deathless Vigor (6 points)
Tier 1 Negative Energy Conduit (3 points)
Teir 1 Spell Crit Neg (2 points)
Teir 1 Skeletal Knight (2 points)
Teir 2 Spell Crit Neg (2 points)
Teir 3 Spell Crit Neg (2 points)
Core 1 MM SLAEldritch Knight (11 points)
Core 2 Gust SLA
Core 3 Chain Missile SLA
Core 4 Fire Shield
Teir 1 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 1 Traditionalist Caster (3 points)
Teir 1 Wand and Scroll Mastery (1 point, filler)
Teir 2 Improved Quickening (4 Points, mostly just filler)
Teir 2 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 3 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 3 Intelligence (2 points)
Teir 4 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 4 Intelligence (2 points)
Teir 5 Arcane Supremecy (2 points)
Core 1 Henshin Mystic (1 point)
Teir 1 Battle Mage (3 points)
Teir 1 Improved Mage Armor (3 points)
Teir 2 Improved Shield (3 points)
There are two main paths to spend the remaining points.
- With Dodge Equipment: Spend the remaining points in eldritch knight to get to core teir 3 (for +10 force spell power).
- Without Dodge Equipment: Drop a level of deathless vigor (2 points) and put 3 points into bone armor (+3 dodge) and 4 points into ninja spy (1 core, 3 Acrobatic). My current incarnation has max dodge using a single mobility item and the haste spell.