Community Member

Default Drop Rates for Shard's and Seals in Sentinel's Chain

Does anyone know the drop rates for the Sentinel's chain. I went thru the whole chain 3 times on Epic Hard alone, and no drop's for shard's or seal's,any information will be appreciate, thanks in advance...

I don't know an exact formula, but you have to run it a lot more than 3 times to see shard or seal drops. Run it on EE maybe?
    Optymuz Prime - Chang Tsu

Community Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Turgar View Post
    I don't know an exact formula, but you have to run it a lot more than 3 times to see shard or seal drops. Run it on EE maybe?
    I figured that maybe would drop something in 3 run's, I did get a docent seal out of B.o.B, still no shard's from tide turn's 6 epic hard 1 epic normail 1epic elite....thanks for insight...

Quote Originally Posted by joeycol61 View Post
    I figured that maybe would drop something in 3 run's, I did get a docent seal out of B.o.B, still no shard's from tide turn's 6 epic hard 1 epic normail 1epic elite....thanks for insight...
    The shard seal scroll thing was end game stuff at one point. The whole idea being that it would take ages of running the content to get the pieces needed to make an epic item. As in, once a day for months to get one item (and 1 or 2 pieces of 100 different items), and probably not the item you had planned on making.

So keep at it, maybe eventually you will get the item you were looking for, so that when you ETR it will be useful for levels 20-22 or so.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Does anyone know the drop rates for the Sentinel's chain. I went thru the whole chain 3 times on Epic Hard alone, and no drop's for shard's or seal's,any information will be appreciate, thanks in advance...
    Chuffin' ridiculous is what they are! Been running these for months trying to get EMG's for my Rogue and still have only gotten 1 finished (still trying to get the shard and seal for another for dual wielding).

The entire "epic system" needs some severe tweaking because these weapons/items are no longer end game kit and haven't been for a long time now.

Stoner81.

I had astonishing luck with my very first epic item -- Epic Elyd Edge. It was complete after four epic Sentinel runs -- and I mean four ever, not "four while looking for Elyd Edge pieces."

All my other epic items I acquired more or less by accident -- check the green bags and "Hey! I have seal and scroll of <something useful>. Maybe I should try for the shard." In that manner I got Timeblade and Chimera's Fang. In the process I got Hellfire Crossbow and (I think) Chimera's Crown without even trying. Once a week or so I've been running EH Into the Deep for Shard of the Souleater -- no luck yet.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Ee

Based on my exp. it will take allot of runs to get any one, of any of the items. However, I've seen faster results by running EE. Every once a a while on a weekend I do an EE ransack on Tide. After about a year I have Epic Chimera's crown and close on a few others.

The crown has been useful for ETRing.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

I don't know what the drop rates are currently, since I haven't run them on epic in a while. I would assume they haven't been touched in a long time, but who knows.

I can say that when I last ran them (14-18 months ago) on Epic Hard, our party of 4 saw a couple of seal drops and a couple of shards in 2 or 3 full runs of the chain. Later on while soloing and duoing Bargain of Blood, I think I got another seal after 4 or 5 runs. Anecdotal information, I realize, but that's my experience.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Follow-up (can't edit previous post, sorry), were you running in a party or solo? Your original post was a bit ambiguous.

If running solo, the odds are pretty low of seeing anything, even over several runs.
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

Community Member

Default Epic Grind (haha)

Thanks for help and info everyone, good hunting...

Well dont get ya hopes too high some items definatley seem rarer to get in this chain Midnight and Jidz shards..well I ve been looking for 3 years for the jidz shard and over 300 completions on various toons in that thime probably 50% of those runs solo on EH and 50% in group mostly when cap was still 20.I have to agree these items are not end game and its very very frustrating trying to complete some of them in particular.Well the Jidz aint much use to me now but id still like it but im down to the odd run here n there and i dont expect to see it soon.Goodluck hope the loot gods are with you..i need a halfling or 3 to sacrifice or it seems.
    Guild leader of Blade Runners of Thelanis
    Azrik elf 1st life forever AA (28),Cromelia THF dwarf mulitclass barb alternative build TR3ETR1(28),Workshy human monkcher TR3ETR1 (28),Barrabash human kensei ip TR3ETR ,Endorfines TWF dwarf fighter(25).