Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default Thunder forged: TWF THF weapons

    Hey guys

    I Know this has been discussed already but are kopheshes and falchions good again? Which weapons are now good and what are good for a thf and twf build?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default

    anyone know? im interested as well in whether to go falchion or greataxe

  3. #3
    Community Member Linvak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dereth
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muppette View Post
    anyone know? im interested as well in whether to go falchion or greataxe
    Well, looking at the two, you can see that your dmg dice are a little different. Falchions are 2-8 and GA 1-12. But the biggest difference is the crit range and multiplier. This is probably what u want to look at. But I think greataxe is the better because of the extra + to multiplier in LD. Also, what's your build? Fighters can turn that 20 only crit to 17-20 .

    But it's not like falchion is unusable, but I think GA is gonna be better.

  4. #4
    Death's Dominator Eth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,810

    Default

    Falchion.
    Look at Tier 2 Dragon's Edge and at Tier 3 Crippling Flames.
    They have on crit damage effects, so weapons with a high crit range are the better choice.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

  5. #5
    Community Member Linvak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dereth
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Falchion.
    Look at Tier 2 Dragon's Edge and at Tier 3 Crippling Flames.
    They have on crit damage effects, so weapons with a high crit range are the better choice.
    If that's the case I would agree. Havn't looked into upgrades yet, but still a firm believer in not following the crowds : p

    Above all I think it depends on his classes and play style. Obviously the difference is threat range or multiplier. Barb alone gives you x3 and GA 1 extra. But if theses effects out weigh multipliers then range is what u want.
    Last edited by Linvak; 03-17-2014 at 08:33 AM.

  6. #6
    Death's Dominator Eth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linvak View Post
    If that's the case I would agree. Havn't looked into upgrades yet, but still a firm believer in not following the crowds : p

    Above all I think it depends on his classes and play style. Obviously the difference is threat range or multiplier. Barb alone gives you x3 and GA 1 extra. But if theses effects out weigh multipliers then range is what u want.
    Sure, but most crit multiplier / threat range increases are the same for all weapons (like frenzied berserker or kensai).
    The only unique THF weapons in that regard are axes for 1 more crit multiplier in LD and mauls for +2 crit range in LD.
    And of course quarterstaffs for acrobats (but the low base dice really pales on the thunderforged qstaff compared to sireth/out stick).
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

  7. #7
    Community Member Linvak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dereth
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Sure, but most crit multiplier / threat range increases are the same for all weapons (like frenzied berserker or kensai).
    The only unique THF weapons in that regard are axes for 1 more crit multiplier in LD and mauls for +2 crit range in LD.
    And of course quarterstaffs for acrobats (but the low base dice really pales on the thunderforged qstaff compared to sireth/out stick).
    Well ya, I suppose your only getting an extra X2 on ga.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default U21 Crafted weapons

    Has anyone did an analysis on the new weapons. I know for a fact that a lot of casters are loving it. But what about the melees? How does the greataxe, kophesh falchion and other melee weapons work out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload